It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is how I know I am going to burn in Hell

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

the only reason anyone goes to hell is because they did not believe on Jesus Christ's Death on the cross as a ransom for their soul, that is paid the price for your sins. He carried every mans penalty of death on that cross as a pure lamb sacrificed for your sins. Yes he did literally die on the cross the Romans proved it by piercing his heart with a spear and water and blood flowed out. He was buried and because he holds life in his hands and the keys of life and death are given him he saves through faith as a gift from God to all men.

Nothing but faith on him saves a man from hell.

Gold so loved the world, the whomsoever believeth on him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

God loves all people equally and the same. But unless a person believes on Christ Death, Burial and Resurrection the benefits of God love like everlasting life will not be attributed to them. other benefits of that love are Salvation, imputed righteousness of Christ, Justification, Adoption, the seal of redemption the presence of the Holy Ghost in you as the earnest in your heart, the forgiveness of sins, and much much more.

Many do not get further than knowing God loves them, without ever having faith on Christ finished work of the cross. They are not saved and will be accountable for the knowledge they have of God's love through Christ.

edit on 13-8-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

What is hell like here is what the Bible says in English no need to greek and hebrew nonsense.

Mark 9:43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Luke 16:19 ¶ There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Revelation 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
Of course that last veerse in Revelation is still in the future and wont affect those today because the great tribulation has not taken place yet. But it gives us and Idea of what the real hell is. And it ain't this world either.

Remember the only thing that send a man to hell today is his unbelief in the finished work on the Cross by Jesus Christ the Lord and Saviour of all men.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

And remember Raggedyman the Koran never says Allah is love. Or attributes any love to him to mankind not even for his three daughters.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

I think he actually said "it is finished" look up and study the English word finished and that of done. Done can be a synonym for finished but it does not have all the absolute meanings as finished. This is why it is so important to study out the Preserved English words of the AV the only Bible with all the words, the verses, the phrases, and sections in it. Whether they are questionable of men or not, at least it is the only version with all of the words of God in it. All other versions in English do not have them all.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Seede

Let's be very precise. As I said in the original post, if you accept Jesus did miracles, then Jesus was NOT a "man" like you an me. Are you able to perform the same miracles? So if Jesus was able to perform miracles then he is not a man in the normal sense. I have not met anyone in my life who was able to heal the blind using special powers.

John_14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

The same author (Apostle John) now tells us that there would be other humans that could do the same as Jesus did and even greater that He did.

Does that mean that they are also gods and not die?

There is only one God. And Jesus is that God. You cannot kill God. Therefore, Jesus did not die for our sins. It's a simple argument. How can you say Jesus died when he rose 3 days later? Death means death.

Energy can neither be created nor destroyed.

Death is a transitional phase into a different state.

Birth and death are simply moments of transition coming to complete fruition.

What Im trying to say, is that there is only life.

Nothingness does not exist. Nothingness is relative based on perception, measured against something, by something, always.
edit on 13-8-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Jesus had a soul and so does the LORD the one whom Jesus is one with as found in John 5:7. Here is the first time it is mentioned that the LORD God has a soul in Judges and I'll add a few more. But what we need to know is that Soul was put into a body which is Jesus Christ Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily, and Isaiah 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
53:12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

So here we go, verses that show God the LORD Almighty, has a soul.

Judges 10:16 And they put away the strange gods from among them, and served the LORD: and his soul was grieved for the misery of Israel.
Job 23:13 ¶ But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.
14 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.
15 Therefore am I troubled at his presence: when I consider, I am afraid of him.
16 For God maketh my heart soft, and the Almighty troubleth me:
Psalm 11:5 The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth

But we should fear not any man who can kill our body but fer him who can cast both the soul and body into hell forever. Matt 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.[b/]

edit on 13-8-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

I like it,

But 'nothingness' does exist, is nothingness not the space that is held in a vacuum? And so then, isn't all space that is not occupied by something nothingness?

That which exists has always existed, the dimension of non-existence is already full of everything that will never exist and has no room for that which does exist.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Here is another reason why I know I am going to burn in Hell. I find this quote extremely funny yet insightful:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me." Emo Philips

That is how it works. Because he became a thief, he created the oppertunity for others to act as police. The owner of the bicycle is reminded of his own responsibility to lock up and secure possessions so it's impossible or difficult to steal. The police are the angels, the thief is the demon, the owner the one who has lost faith because of an unfortunate event, the police to restore his faith. The judge to seal the case with a verdict and jail for the thief to consider his sins.

Now if they all had listened to God, there might have been like a miracle, coincidence a police officer would have drove by while the theft was about to occur and stopped it there before it happened and showed the wannabe thief the way.

If they had listened even better, the writer would have had parents with enough money to provide him with a bicycle. Moral is we need to listen to what is good for everyone. Present day we could have had robots by now, the wealthy could unite and use their money to provide basic needs for everyone around the world which I know is easier said than done and would take decades, but look at how far we have come, things can become better for everyone. Like having computers in developing countries because people donated their old ones, or recently the Gates foundatation who try to cure disease in developing countries, there is progress but still way too suffering and misery.
edit on 17-8-2017 by spliffster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Why would you believe you're going to burn in Hell for inquiring about God? Sounds more like growth to me.

I think the key thing to remember here is the mystery of the Holy Trinity. I know, this is ATS, and I'm sure folks believe differently than me and/or think they know better. But that's my take on this.

Remember:

The parallelism of the Father, the Son, and the Spirit is not unique to Matthew’s Gospel, but appears elsewhere in the New Testament (e.g., 2 Cor. 13:14, Heb. 9:14), as well as in the writings of the earliest Christians, who clearly understood them in the sense that we do today—that the Father, the Son, and the Spirit are three divine persons who are one divine being (God).

Source

Godspeed on your journey.

edit on 8/17/2017 by IsidoreOfSeville because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/17/2017 by IsidoreOfSeville because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Don't worry OP, if you go to hell it will only hurt for an instant. A lot of people believe in the eternal torture interpretation of Hell but I personally believe the annihilationism interpretation to be more accurate. (though I am atheist)

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
-John 3:16

“Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him.”
-John 3:36

“Enter through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad the road that leads to destruction and many enter through it, (14) but small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”
-Matthew 7:13-14

"For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live."
-Romans 8:13

"The one who sows to please the sinful nature from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the spirit, from the spirit will reap eternal life."
-Galatians 6:8

"The LORD preserves all who love Him, but all the wicked He will destroy."
-Psalm 145:20

"The truly righteous man attains life, but he who pursues evil goes to his death."
-Proverbs 11:19

“ ‘Enter through the narrow gate. For wide and broad is the road that leads to destruction and many enter through it, but small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.’ ”
-Matthew 7:13-14

“Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One [God] who can destroy both soul and body in hell.”
-Matthew 10:28

Etc.

If you're interested in a way more in depth look at both sides of the subject, with commentary, check out Hell Know. It's a book but it's broken down and free to read at the author's site.

This study is intended for anyone who has an interest in finding out what the Bible plainly and consistently teaches about the nature of hell and related subjects (including a fascinating exploration of human nature in Appendix B). So, whether you’re a devoted Christian, a doubting Christian, an agnostic, an atheist — or simply a fellow human being who disdains all such labeling — I welcome you on this journey of discovery.

edit on 9-2-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Gold so loved the world, the whomsoever believeth on him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

You seem to have left out the most important bit that completely changes what you just said (ignoring that you said "Gold" instead of God" which was funny).

John 3:16 (KJB)
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Another clear distinction between 2 individuals, one of which is called "God" and the other is called "his only begotten Son" to go along with the hundreds of times this distinction is made in the bible.

God cannot die. His only begotten Son, Jesus is the one who died.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Someone told me, that a snake took his body from the tomb. What do you think?

I came back from the death, just like Jesus, but I didn't make such a noise of it.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
... to go along with the hundreds of times this distinction is made in the bible.

Some other examples:

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join