It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Press Conference Response on North Korea Threat - "It's not a dare, it's a statement"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

NK has been talking and acting crazy for decades.

they are not suicidal. we are going to give the globalist and MIC billions to satisfy their itch.
trump is unfortunately falling into their hands.

hopefully we only lose billions and nk goes back into hiding like they have done and we have done for the last several decades.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

Fortune cookie for Kim Jong Un -

"You mess with the bull, you get the horns."

Not if your Russia. Then the presidential thanks you.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Oh so he wasn't at his golf resort then? Safe and sound?

Yeah mush for brains. Go ahead insult yet another member.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
The same people who lied to you about Iraq, Libya & Syria...
Are now creating the North Korea narrative!

- Internet meme 2017

Which says it all really...

I mean...

Training for the mission has been ongoing, and there have been 11 practice runs for a similar mission since May when the training was accelerated.

- From a source shared in the original thread.

Reverse that situation...

[hypothetical]North Korea are practising taking out U.S bases and hardware...
For months on end...
For no reason other than they can as the world's Big Dog...[/hypothetical]

What would Trump say about that?

Except that they dont have to actually create a narrative with NK. Kim is happy to create it, and to actually be the psychopath.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
Anyone remember the last time two nuclear armed counties had a dick-measuring contest?

Yeah, Pakistan and India are still there.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I remember when Ronald Reagan declared that the Soviet Union was an "EVIL EMPIRE".

Al Gore hadn't invented the public internet yet, so I can't give any links... but the Mainstream Media, Congress, and Intelligence Community started gasping for air like a fish out of water. They couldn't believe Reagan poked the BIG MEAN BEAR like that!

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

He was on vacation because HVAC was in the WH. lol It's not like it was his choice.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Speaking of our Potus' trip to NJ, did anyone notice that VP Pence was there too? Is he still there?

If so, I have to wonder why both are not in Washington at the same time. If NK can reach the East Coast with its missiles, one would think DC would be its primary target.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this. I can't get over how fast this is escalating.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
China wont do anything.....that is not in their best interest. Just imagine for a moment if all the NATO aligned countries pulled their manufacturing needs out of China...... China as we know it today would be through. They go right back to the China of yesteryear..... and stay that way for a long long time.

North Korea was given a generous package to give up their nuclear program. They accepted it and took the goods and then violated their agreement right from the get go. Which in turn green lighted Iran to do the same thing. For that they deserve to have war declared on them.... Everything that came after that is just a regime taking advantage of our good nature and eagerness to avoid conflict.

If you sign an agreement and violate it...... you deserve war.... not more agreements to sign. No understanding and compassion, not another,,,,nother chance. War and destruction, nothing else. This helps insure that the next nation that signs an agreement has incentive to abide by it..... or not sign it at all.

If Iran can admire and praise North Korea for violating their agreement with the world.... then they should have no issue at all if America violates our agreement with them.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
If Trump decides to preempt NK he'll go down in history as The Butcher from Bedminster.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The Korean war never ended no peace treaty was signed we have had a 60 year cease fire.if north korea is violating the terms of the cease fire then the shooting war should start again.

The fools in the U.S.who were making deals with north korea and giving them generous incentives to give up developing nuclear weapons, should be tried for treason for giving aid and support to the enemy. until a peace treaty is signed a state of war exists between north korea and the U.S. and north korea is an enemy of the U.S.

every politician who voted to give aid to north korea HAS committed treason against the American people,they should all hang.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

This was not a "dare" from the President, this was a "statement"

It was neither; it was, in fact, a threat.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
We have probably made a grave error in allowing NK to get to this place.

But, now here we are. We didn't want to be a big bad bully and use excessive force. Let's try this. Let's try that. Let's sign this treaty. Let's impose this sanction. Let's get China to intervene. Let's ignore them. Let's make sanctions tougher. ....blah blah blah blah blah.

War is horrible. The civilized world has seen enough of it to be sickened by the mere thought of the kind of death and carnage that would result from finally taking the steps to end a rogue state dictator's constant advancement toward a nuclear arsenal. Kim Jong-Un is not a reasonable man and his world view is not going to change by talking to him.

It's a tough decision. When every option has failed and a dictator like Kim has taken his desire to "end the war" with an all out nuclear bang, do we just sit back and continue to look at him as a tiny little man that is all mouth and no action? I think we have a conundrum.

Real leadership is a trait that few people possess. Determining when it is time to set diplomacy aside and use force requires a true common sense leader and a team of like-minded military and strategic thinkers. We have that in place now, and sometimes you have to do what needs to be done.
edit on 11-8-2017 by queenofswords because: grammar correction

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
... Let's ignore that to have confronted NK directly in "the past" would have been to confront China directly.

Since we're obviously going for easy answers.

Real national leadership doesn't display the characteristics of rampant narcissism, debilitating pride, irrational statements or blatant dishonesty ... last time I checked.

The only "leaders" that display those characteristics are typically at the apex of a cult.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
China says it will prevent regime change in North Korea.

Chinese state-run media made the following statement:

"If the U.S. and South Korea carry out strikes and try to overthrow the North Korean regime and change the political pattern of the Korean Peninsula, China will prevent them from doing so," it said.

I'm reading the tea leaves to say China might well support NK if the missiles actually start flying. At the least, this is a warning from China to the US not to attack NK.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
President Trump Tweet..

Military solutions are now fully in place,locked and loaded,should North Korea act unwisely. Hopefully Kim Jong Un will find another path!

Kim Jong is thinking, "Holy smokes! This guy is as crazy as I am!" .

Even though General Mattis is saying "Diplomacy is now working", President Trump is ignoring him and talking even tougher.

It's part of the strategy to get Kim Jong to understand that as long as Trump is President, he is playing with FIRE.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

President Trump Tweet..

Military solutions are now fully in place,locked and loaded,should North Korea act unwisely. Hopefully Kim Jong Un will find another path!

Kim Jong is thinking, "Holy smokes! This guy is as crazy as I am!" .

Even though General Mattis is saying "Diplomacy is now working", President Trump is ignoring him and talking even tougher.

It's part of the strategy to get Kim Jong to understand that as long as Trump is President, he is playing with FIRE.

I don't think crazy people think rationally so he probably isn't thinking that.

Thinking normal responses are going to come from crazy people is pretty naive.

edit on 11-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
The Korean war never ended no peace treaty was signed we have had a 60 year cease fire.if north korea is violating the terms of the cease fire then the shooting war should start again.

Maybe, but not by US, perhaps you don't know the history of the war, but the two Korea's are at war, not the U.S. and North Korea.

The fools in the U.S.who were making deals with north korea and giving them generous incentives to give up developing nuclear weapons,

...were doing so because, again, it's not OUR war and because on all fronts economic, humanitarian, front line troop attrition, it is what made and still makes the most sense.

should be tried for treason for giving aid and support to the enemy. until a peace treaty is signed a state of war exists between north korea and the U.S. and north korea is an enemy of the U.S.

It seems ignorance is running rampant around these forums lately >.>

every politician who voted to give aid to north korea HAS committed treason against the American people,they should all hang.

No they have not and no they should not....the scary part to me is, that people who think precisely like you, can actually vote.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Real national leadership doesn't display the characteristics of rampant narcissism, debilitating pride, irrational statements or blatant dishonesty ... last time I checked.

The only "leaders" that display those characteristics are typically at the apex of a cult.

Since some of you demonstrating past "cultish" leanings can't hardly remember where their tails were seated last........

What happened when the last "dictator" gave up his countries nuclear program to the U.S. ?

What "cult" leader set an example that would preclude KJU from cooperation by reviewing those results?

Going by the answers to the two questions above if I were KJU I'd probably be belligerent also.

China has biggest hand in making the problem what it is (besides "Chamberlain" like US politicians) and should step up on world stage and end it, short of that then severe economic pressure needs be applied to China even if painful to U.S. - That path is much preferable compared millions of deaths - to end NK nuclear aspirations.

Taking an "economic" bite for 1, 2, 5 or even 10 years is much more sensible to end a threat of this nature versus war and it's deaths or suffering an attack later that could wipe out 60- 90% U.S. population after an EMP or waking one morning to find couple of our cities vaporized.

The "Chamberlain" method has been tried for decades, it's proven not to work.

It's time to act, past time.

Only "cult" here is cult of appeasement, do nothing, comfort the enemy, let millions die first mentality eptimoned by last WH residents cultish behavior.

Maybe this is good example,

Just as one can/could make case that being dependant on cheap Saudi oil is a bad thing leading to suspect policy.

One can also say,

Being dependant on cheap manufacturerd goods from China leads to suspect policy also.

edit on 11-8-2017 by Phoenix because: Add comment

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

LOL ... yes, I know you thought I worshipped Hillary Clinton because a) she was a better, more stable choice than Trump as we have seen clearly and b) anyone who corrects the absurd nonsense from the anti-Clinton crowd here MUST be pro-Clinton. Despite everything I've done and said like for example that Clinton was a lying psychopath like every other politician ... I'm sure that such irrationality makes sense to small minds.

As far as your attempts to toss in red herring with your questions ... answer them yourself. Make a claim.

You have an opinion about China. Great.

I utterly disagree with your assessment that there is a cult of "appeasement, do nothing, comfort the enemy, etc."

That's just more right-wing media jargon.

edit on 11-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join