It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Press Conference Response on North Korea Threat - "It's not a dare, it's a statement"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
So I was watching the President's press conference online and Trump responded to one reporter's question (6:26min) to about what would happen if North Korea does something to Guam (eg. missile attack/thread). Trump said US has been threatened by NK but if something happens to Guam, then NK will face something from US they have never seen before.

This was not a "dare" from the President, this was a "statement"...and Lil Kim better watch out...deadline Aug. 15th.

Something big may come out of this. Will US be going to actual war with NK this year? Kind of scary that something may happen.

Note on the importance of Guam:

thehill.com...

North Korea is purportedly considering an attack on the U.S. territory of Guam. The Trump administration is right to take that threat seriously and to respond proportionally. Indeed, Pyongyang’s announcement that it is “carefully examining” whether to strike Guam is just the latest manifestation of Kim Jong Un’s escalating jingoism.

Guam is a crucial strategic outpost for the United States. The island hosts key U.S. military installations, thereby anchoring U.S. power in the western Pacific. Guam is also home to approximately 160,000 American citizens, mostly civilians. Hence, to Pyongyang, Guam is on the frontline of U.S.-North Korea tensions, one and the same as the U.S. mainland.

edit on 10-8-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The same people who lied to you about Iraq, Libya & Syria...
Are now creating the North Korea narrative!

- Internet meme 2017

Which says it all really...

I mean...

Training for the mission has been ongoing, and there have been 11 practice runs for a similar mission since May when the training was accelerated.

- From a source shared in the original thread.

Reverse that situation...

[hypothetical]North Korea are practising taking out U.S bases and hardware...
For months on end...
For no reason other than they can as the world's Big Dog...[/hypothetical]

What would Trump say about that?

edit on 10-8-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Fortune cookie for Kim Jong Un -

"You mess with the bull, you get the horns."

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
all these puffed up, war wishing idiots need to shut up, deflate, and take a break!
we dont need or want any stinking wars!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Got to give it to Trump. He's got balls of steel.

North Korea in its own can be slapped down in no time.

What worries me is whether China and Russia feel obliged to come to Lil Fatty's defense. If that happens, we're looking at WW3.

Trumpy boy #FAILED to impress Russia with his last round of Congress passed sanctions, so Putin is unlikely to be impressed if USA bombers start dumping on Pyongyang. (Remember, both China AND Russia share a border with NK)
edit on 10-8-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: scojak

Fortune cookie for Kim Jong Un -

"You mess with the bull, you get the horns."

OMG...your avatar totally distracted me from reading your post LOL

Although true...Trump was talking about doing a pre-emptive attack on NK if negotiations fail.

Check it:

link   
What intrigued me was his statement that something new "that world has never seen before" will be deployed. Maybe we'll get that laser from space... and Kim Jong is TOAST.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
What intrigued me was his statement that something new "that world has never seen before" will be deployed. Maybe we'll get that laser from space... and Kim Jong is TOAST.

Maybe...
Or maybe he is a bloviating idiot.

I mean, he had a plan to defeat ISIS in 30 days...

Tick tock.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Maybe...
Or maybe he is a bloviating idiot.

Bingo!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Got to give it to Trump. He's got balls of steel.

North Korea in its own can be slapped down in no time.

What worries me is whether China and Russia feel obliged to come to Lil Fatty's defense. If that happens, we're looking at WW3.

Trumpy boy #FAILED to impress Russia with his last round of Congress passed sanctions, so Putin is unlikely to be impressed if USA bombers start dumping on Pyongyang. (Remember, both China AND Russia share a border with NK)

Trumps got balls of steel.

Sure, sitting at a resort in NJ playing golf everyday

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Trump must not know the consequences of war or maybe he doesn't care. I hope he doesn't mean an atomic bomb or anything like it.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I higly doubt so. To me the fact that lil Kim hasn't blown his load yet leads me to believe he is a little more calculated than we think. I'm under the impression that he thinks if he shows nuclear capabilities along with precision and range that he gets a better seat at the world bargaining table.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

The President is briefed on these issues more frequently than you or me. Well, maybe you are kept in the loop with the President of the United States. I'm not.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Trump must not know the consequences of war or maybe he doesn't care. I hope he doesn't mean an atomic bomb or anything like it.

Speaking of war, two very large military aircraft just passed over Chicago. High-altitude, side by side, traveling east to west. Something's in the works.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

First Pre-emptive attack includes supergluing binoculars to Lil Kim to take him off guard:

Then...insiders will sabotage all hand held weaponry:

Then...saboteurs to mobile units:

And finally insiders rewiring the NK nuke program to malfunction on itself:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Hazardous1408

The President is briefed on these issues more frequently than you or me. Well, maybe you are kept in the loop with the President of the United States. I'm not.

So the people who briefed him said "we don't want your 30 day plan" and Trump agreed to this?

You can put lipstick on a pig and glitter on a pile of sh*t...

But they'll still be a pig & sh*t!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
We won't hit NK first. China would kick our ass.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

That post was hilarious! Thank-you, SkyWatcher2011.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
We won't hit NK first. China would kick our ass.

IMO, President Trump has been advised by his military and intelligence people to provoke North Korea to take military action first.

Then, we have the green light to take Kim out, while simultaneously destroying his launch command/control.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I've got a very bad feeling about how this will turn out. I found this on Twitter a few minutes ago. They posted it at abt 9pm:

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join