It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigrants Received Over $1 Billion in Welfare in Just Two Years

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

The deportation process will be fast. Where are you getting this 20 Million figure? The left and media have been saying 11 Million, that's quite a jump. Visas are done by the country, not for the benefit of those who come here. Sorry to be Stark but the differences between us are huge and the Republicans have all the power. You and the Illegal crowd won't have much say to be honest. Fix the immigration mess a host of other issues clear themselves up. People haven't liked the status quo with relation to immigration. I would contend a good amount of independents and Democrats agree by this recent politicians poll. link

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I am a libertarian conservative.

And you have had control and nothing has been done.

No deportations are not fast...they take about a year..and are currently stacking up to take longer.

It seems you may be at odds with what the Republican party says vs what it does as well as what is possible under the rule of law.

If you don't make bipartisan laws they end up changing every 4 to 8 years and doing nobody any good.

And remember growth is the ability to hire.
www.forbes.com...

And if I understand you correctly you don't think we should make work visa programs for labor deficits?

edit on 11-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I am a libertarian conservative.

And you have had control and nothing has been done.

No deportations are not fast...they take about a year..and are currently stacking up to take longer.

It seems you may be at odds with what the Republican party says vs what it does as well as what is possible under the rule of law.

If you don't make bipartisan laws they end up changing every 4 to 8 years and doing nobody any good.

And remember growth is the ability to hire.
www.forbes.com...

And if I understand you correctly you don't think we should make work visa programs for labor deficits?

You bring in workers as needed by the country. The H1B visa program has been corrupted from it's original Intent. Student and work visas are fine if it benefits the US citizen.

Trump is asking for more immigration judges and faster deportation proceedings ect. You give reasons why we cant., Trump is figuring out ways to do.

I'm all for Bipartisan solutions, on immigration however, the left's ideas are not viable solutions IMO. I'm more than willing to try Trump's approach after 30+years of what we've had. The electorate will then judge.

Many Republicans as just as bad as the Dems on immigration. Half measures won't solve things.
edit on 11-8-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Your incredibly idealistic.

The Republicans do not have consensus to vote for anything remotely like you are saying. Do you understand congress passes these things?

Where is this money going to come from? When have the Republicans last passed a balanced budget?

Trump can ask all he wants. He isn't a dicatator.

The electorate is split 50/50 as every election has shown a slight win (with less than 50 percent of eligible voters voting)

Anything trump does without congress can just be over turned by the next guy, anything congress does without bipartisan effort can be overturned when it changes.

You don't make a very good argument for your method.

Compromise will actually solve the problem. Trumps gimmick will not.
edit on 11-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

What they do is all throw in together on single units and save their money either to send it home to their family or to move back to Mexico to retire because the dollar value is much greater in Mexico.

I know this first hand.

These annual "remittances" — as they're called by analysts — topped $69 billion in 2016...About 40 percent of the money goes to just one country — Mexico — practically all of it sent by migrants in the United States.

www.npr.org... ns/goatsandsoda/2017/02/10/514172676/mexicans-in-the-u-s-are-sending-home-more-money-than-ever

edit: not sure why the link isn't working, direct txt: www.npr.org...

edit on 8/12/2017 by AnonymousMoose because: trying to fix link

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I disagree. Republicans will pass something closer to my ideas than yours. I may not like most of them, but they will vote accordingly. I know I won't get everything, but I'll get enough passed to get us in the right direction. Im More than willing to try this out and let the electorate decide if it or the Democrats version of immigration reform is what they want. In case you haven't seen world wide, the days of unlimited migration are drawing to a close. The people's of the developed world have have enough of it to know that's not the solution. Your idea of compromise is the status quo.....we are done with the status quo as it's related to immigration. What has it got us? What exactly does your status quo get me, the party in command of all three branches and with the ability to shape the Supreme Court In a way most Presidents rarely get. If we just enforced our existing laws it would be a vast improvement over what has happened over the last 30 years.

edit on 12-8-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

What exactly am I suggesting you dont like?

What would your plan be to deport 12 million spend hundreds of billions? Do you know it takes an average of 544 days to deport someone. The only expedited trump can legally do is for people who just got here. (Under two years)

Do you really believe it's the Democrats holding this immigration up? What about the bush administration why didn't they do anything?

Do you believe in an activist supreme court? Why do you think the supreme court will vote against the corporate donors that benefit from illegal labor?

This may sound insulting but you sound like a college student. The idealism your placing on a group of people who can't agree among themselves is incredible.

Is Lindsey graham going to vote for this stuff you recommend? It doesn't seem as if you understand the situation on the ground.

Personally I a a free market guy. A classical liberal and libertarian. I have the ability to stand back and look at both parties. I can tell you you may feel great about your party now but the public does not support your views. The public does not have consensus ideas on immigration which is part of the problem. The leaders have been mis leading instead of leading.

Enjoy your boogeyman man from the demagogue but in 2 years I can predict that all this talk will amount to nothing in the practical world.

Because it doesn't make any practical sense it's just philosophical ideology.

And my idea is hardly the status quo. There isn't one. People are in the cycle of complaining about ideas they don't have any idea how to fix. Trump likes to rally people with his complaints but has no practical solutions.

Can't wait for the big tax reform maybe he can grow the debt a couple trillion like Reagan did with his gimmicks.

It's sad really, that people can't see history costantly repeating itself.

Do you honestly believe republicans will control the branches for ever? If they make a one sided plan it will just be overturned. The Democrats vote along their lines more than republicans. Republicans still have a few free thinkers left like Rand Paul who won't vote for every gimmick that pander to votes.

Your acting like the idea I presented are left they are not. They are literally in the middle.

Eta did you also know if these illegals become legal they can't get welfare for 5 years?

Do you remember these votes?
Republican moderates fired a shot across the bow of House GOP leaders Wednesday, warning them not to push too far in their battle against President Obama's immigration policies.

www.people-press.org...

edit on 12-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Yes the lefts idea of "let everyone who is not a criminal stay" is just crazy immoral...

(Sarcasm..)

Or are you refering to some crazy right wing conspiracy theory where Hillary has all the illegals working in her elite pedo rings....

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

The fact is that is indisputable is if the plan is completely partisan it will just be hammered and overturned when the opposite party gets in. We need a long term bipartisan bill on an important issue like this.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

And they wonder why Welfare is a dying system lol.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy
what the heck are you talking about it is out right theft of our money to be given illegally to illegal immigrants . they are not supposed to legally be able to claim these benifits but these sanctuary cities and states use every crooked trick to skirt the law. and you refered to fire andfury . i persoALLY say use a few dozen tomahawks to shut down kim and his nuke and rocket uilding facilities modern weapons can be very precise limiting collateral damage i.e. civilial losses consderable remember kim is threatening to nuke us

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
a reply to: smurfy
what the heck are you talking about it is out right theft of our money to be given illegally to illegal immigrants . they are not supposed to legally be able to claim these benifits but these sanctuary cities and states use every crooked trick to skirt the law. and you refered to fire andfury . i persoALLY say use a few dozen tomahawks to shut down kim and his nuke and rocket uilding facilities modern weapons can be very precise limiting collateral damage i.e. civilial losses consderable remember kim is threatening to nuke us

The reason is to make revanu for the state.

Take Texas for instance. Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Dallas all greweek so fast they couldn't get enough workers. So the Republican govonors opened the gates to allow the rapid growth of those cites so they could get the tax dollars for new property, and other sales taxes.

Then you have the employers hiring dozens, hundreds, or thousands at a time dodging taxes.

Yet the bad guy is the exploited worker they subsidized with tax payer money.

I would love to hear some employers getting busted. But so far seems to be mostly labor. The low hanging fruit.

edit on 13-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Sickening!! Tie to revoke ALL federal finding, till they get rid of the illegal leeches. Citizens can't get help, and invaders can?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Don't worry about it mate. All money is created out of thin air anyway. Just read a book called Banks Lie and read the document The Remarkable Model Of The Commonwealth Bank Of Australia by Ellen Brown.

Welfare for individuals is a way of injecting economic stimulus packages into the economy each month. Next time your in your local shopping centre ask your self how many of those shops would out on business within a couple of weeks it those economic stimulus packages ceased being injected into the local economy?

Welfare for corporations works the same way.

Make no mistake about it, all govts are deeply committed to welfare. Its just a matter of to whom do they want to direct it to?

They are teaching people like you to hate the dole and the people who claim it so they can take it off individuals and give it to corporations but they are not telling you that are they. Why do I say this?

Because you dont know about corporate welfare because the man on the TV has never told you about it and they never will either. Have you not noticed that corporate welfare is NEVER discussed in the media????

Your not supposed to think of that, your job is to hate welfare for individuals and the people who claim so soon, there will enough public support to abolish personal welfare and give it to corporation, your acting exactly has they taught you to through the media.

Hate to say it mate but your thoughts about welfare are not yours, they have been put into your head by the media owners. Not intended to hurt, just alert thats all. cheers

edit on 15-8-2017 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Your comment about non-citizens getting benefits reminded me, last year I had to wait and wait to talk with someone at the Social Security department while I stared at a notice on my computer about longer than normal wait times because of some "new immigrant" benefit. After a LONG time I finally talked to a person. I asked how many non-US citizens did I have to wait on. She said she did not know so I filed a Freedom of Information Act Request asking how many non-citizens did I have to wait on. The answer: "we do not keep track of such things".

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join