It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigrants Received Over $1 Billion in Welfare in Just Two Years

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I made an edit to the post you originally responded to.

I mentioned ending the war on drugs. Our policy of actual warfare on drugs and drug use has created hell holes in Mexico, Central, and South America. I believe that escaping economically depressed and unstable drug war zones is a chief motivator for illegal immigration. No one wants to live like that. My parents escaped Cuba for Costa Rica because of how brutal the government cops and busybodies were. We left Costa Rica and came to the US legally because, like almost all Central American nations in 1989(as well as today), crime was rampant and the country was economically depressed. The US can do something about that. We can stop expanding our drug war into their nations. Economics will always be an internal thing as long as we don't interfere. But the drug war is all us and we've ruined a lot of lives fighting it.
edit on 10 8 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: kyleplatinum

It doesn't work that way it never has.

Nobody controls immigration with a border heavy plan. It's all the checkpoints and verification for employment on the way.

It is impossible to build a wall to keep people out.

If they know they can't be hired they aren't going to come why is that so hard to undwrsrand? Politicians take bribes. They let people in if you don't verify employees.

Nothing is impossible.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

a reply to: toysforadults

They don't pay for rent and food? I was a carpenter for 13 years in Texas.

Mexicans buy rims, stereos, huge tv's, budweiser, food, etc. No they don't all send it home. 11 billion a year is estimated payed from property tax of owned and rented homes of illegals for instance. (Across us)
. 11 Billion? Your math doesn't seem to add up. Citations please.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: kyleplatinum

Nobody controls immigration with a border heavy plan. It's all the checkpoints and verification for employment on the way.

If they know they can't be hired they aren't going to come why is that so hard to undwrsrand? Politicians take bribes. They let people in if you don't verify employees.

Nothing is impossible.

A round square?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Yes you are correct I should have said all taxes. About twelve billion a year.

11 billion in property was from a decade.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

think of how much that stimulated the economy.

Think of many jobs would have been lost had that economic stimulus package not been injected into the economy by bouncing it through the bank accounts of low socio economic individuals.

There are two ways to stimulate an economy.

1 give welfare payments to corporations who might spend all of it and create some jobs but run the risk a good deal of the money would have likely find its way into the pockets of the executives;

or,

2 inject the same amount into the general economy through en economic stimulus package and likely provide just as many or perhaps even more jobs.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
who cares

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Still no sourcing for that claim........

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Did you notice the statistics said 'families'?

This is taxpayer money being used to feed starving children.

Didn't that Jesus Christ chap have something to say about that sort of thing?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Illegal immigration is nothing more than passing the buck to the next generation to deal with . If they put as much effort into fixing their own countries as they do protesting and marching in mine..... they might have the homeland they always wanted it to be.

Allowing illegals to stay and giving them legal status is nothing more than hoping the new arrivals will keep programs like social security afloat for a bit longer...... to stave off the effects of there being fewer people paying .

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Working...

Not collecting welfare...

I manage restaurants and have worked with countless illegals.

All of them have told me they never file for ANYTHING to avoid any red flags..

They pay taxes as it is auto deducted but never file for a return afraid it may cause immigration to look more closely..

So one would have nothing to do with the other..

You only need a social to get a job for welfare type assistance you need multiple forms of identification and to go to multiple meetings with social workers.

So that's only a busted narrative on infowars... because obama and Hillary smell like sulfur..Alex Jones.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Pretty easy to find if you go to peer reviewed economic journals.

Here are some source lists from pro and con. You can also find oppositional studies here.

immigration.procon.org...

edit on 11-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Well, at least it's not wasting money on fire and fury, and things that go bang in the dark.

Good point! We should do nothing to stop NK, and just let them nuke the illegals! You're a genius!!!
edit on 11-8-2017 by bender151 because: Odd auto correct

edit on 11-8-2017 by bender151 because: Odd auto correct

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Serious question here.

Imagine that this money being spent, 1B, was suddenly stopped. 0 dollars spent for welfare on illegals. How (and be specific) would this impact your everyday, minute-by-minute, hour-by-hour life. Yours. Personally. What gains would you receive. What penalties. How would things change, for YOU?
edit on 11-8-2017 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Here are some source lists from pro and con. You can also find oppositional studies here.

Exactly how do illegal immigrants pay State and City income taxes? Do they pay Federal income tax too? I suppose you'll make the argument of them using ILLEGALLY, someone's social security number to work. That's Identity fraud. See what that gets you in a court of law. I assume that article makes the assumption of sales tax and you have made the estimate on property taxes. How many illegals work and what are their average incomes? We won't even get into the discussion on how illegals have wrecked the income of people in the trades.

Anyway you look at it, illegals don't pull their Fair share compared to legal immigrants and US citizens. So if people do multiple illegal things but pay some form of taxes , but not all the taxes they are legally obligated to (again ILLEGAL) we should welcome that and make them US citizens? So should we even have legal immigration anymore in your world, since it's such a great thing to have unlimited migration of anyone who wants to one here?

Btw, the article you quote claims illegals pay more in percent, of taxes then the top 1%of taxpayers. That can be eaisly shown to be a lie. source data
edit on 11-8-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Exactly how do illegal immigrants pay State and City income taxes? Do they pay Federal income tax too? I suppose you'll make the argument of them using ILLEGALLY, someone's social security number to work. That's Identity fraud. See what that gets you in a court of law. I assume that article makes the assumption of sales tax and you have made the estimate on property taxes. How many illegals work and what are their average incomes? We won't even get into the discussion on how illegals have wrecked the income of people in the trades.

Anyway you look at it, illegals don't pull their Fair share compared to legal immigrants and US citizens. So if people do multiple illegal things but pay some form of taxes , but not all the taxes they are legally obligated to (again ILLEGAL) we should welcome that and make them US citizens? So should we even have legal immigration anymore in your world, since it's such a great thing to have unlimited migration of anyone who wants to one here?

Btw, the article you quote claims illegals pay more in percent, of taxes then the top 1%of taxpayers. That can be eaisly shown to be a lie. source data

I didn't show an article I showed a pro con list of professors and economists there were several publications.

What you are failing to see here is the bad guys aren't the ones filling labor voids though I agree the entire system is bad accept for some areas of consumption where some of the savings employers make are passed to consumers. Mainly construction agriculture and livestock where illegals make up over 25 percent of the work force in a lot of the areas of those industries. Far higher in the border states.

It's also the employers that often provide the identity fraud.

This is an extremely easy problem to solve, but nobody is willing. No party. Republicans have controlled the majority of the legislatures and govenorships.

Crack down and the employers and start confiscating their assets when caught and prosecuted and the migrants will not come.

Yet you can still see illegals by the hundreds working on building sites, roofing, pouring concrete, plucking feathers. Why isn't the employer often saving millus by cheating the system not the focus?

But if those employers are big donors or the migrants are building up the boom cities where there are labor voids the politicians look the other way. The boom cities rapid growth means more tax revanu for the state and politicians love tax money. It makes there state look fantastic when they can save beyond the budget.

How about we use the money from asset confiscation from employers to help fund the immigration reform.

Here is a fairly detailed report as well..

itep.org...
edit on 11-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Yep....

Whatever happened to looking after our own first?

I've anyways maintained that the most important people in any country are the ones born and raised there. Then comes the legal immigrants (including LEGITIMATE refugees).

Anyone who is there without permission should be expelled and not allowed to return.

Even that is a joke, too. I'm so tired of going to the grocery store and always seeing mostly ghetto hoodrats with 5 wild kids, full carts, and clothes nicer than mine pulling out the ebt card and the wic. Meanwhile I can barely afford the necessities just like alot of other people I see coming in there looking dirty after work with a handful of groceries.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: kyleplatinum

Nothing is impossible.

A round square?

That is an oxymoron... geez!

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: cenpuppie

Oh please I lived right next to LA for years if anything they're low balling it.

Yes because you can tell a persons legal status by just looking at them. Does that superpower tell you if they have stolen an Americans job too?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Illegals aren't merely filling a void in some cases, the trades to be specific. They have lowered the average wage and forced many tradesman to pack it up or make do with far less. Yes, employers of illegals should be hit extremely hard when caught. You are right that's a big problem. Just as big is illegals being self employed and taking jobs at far lower bids then taxpaying, lawful citizens, who can't compete with the lack of payroll taxes, unemployment taxes, workman's comp ect...... When you can't compete on an even playing field something is wrong. Anyway you slice it Illegals are well, illegal as are the employers who use them or hire them for cheap labor. They have expanded far beyond the "jobs ordinary Americans won't do", the standard line of those for illegal immigration. I personally know many tradesmen who are either out of the biz or making less than they did 10 to 15 years ago. That's not the American Dream. We need to fix that.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join