It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigrants Received Over $1 Billion in Welfare in Just Two Years

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

It is your prerogative. Doesn't mean anything will change.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

When there is enough pissed off people like willing to do something other than cry on social media then it will change.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Right and people have been complaining for decades and it has never come to that.
edit on 10-8-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kyleplatinum

Well who do you think is allowing them to come here??? Maybe the same people (businesses) that are inviting them here to begin with.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
There's a reason why California has over 34% of the nations welfare recipients with only 12% of the population.

They talk about seceding, but let's be honest... without federal funding the state would go probably go bankrupt just from the continually rising cost of gibsmedats.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Depends how you look at it I guess.

California doesn't need much federal money to operate it's budget compared to about 40 other states. Kentucky is almost completely reliant on federal funds to operate it's budget.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Illegals should not ever get any benefit of any kind in this country. Period.

That said, what is it that we are actually talking about here? RAISE Act has a lot of good points except, of course, for their income requirements. The US has always taken in the poor via legal immigration. That's how I got here. The idea is that the poor are more motivated to seek upward mobility and the vast majority of legal immigrants usually do. That is something I believe the US should always be proud of.

Does that mean we should just let EVERYONE in legally? No. Our system could not withstand that level of expansion in population. The system is already showing stress cracks from the illegals who come here from around the world, let alone legal immigration.

Welfare abuse at this level isn't uncommon for citizens, so why should be tolerate it from invaders? Welfare in general is a poor people trap anyway and desperately needs reform with the elimination of cash assistance, the expansion of the WIC program(which actually does feed people), and opening up the destitute to skills certs in trades that are in demand in the area so that they can get off welfare. I would gladly pay taxes for that. But the way the system is today? Hell no.

At the end of the day, if you want to relieve the pressure of illegals in our system you have to end the war on drugs. Which is another criticism I have against President Trump's current DOJ and his apparent indifference to the issue in general. You end the war on drugs and many of these problems will start to unravel.
edit on 10 8 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

That said, what is it that we are actually talking about here? RAISE Act has a lot of good points except, of course, for their income requirements. The US has always taken in the poor via legal immigration. That's how I got here. The idea is that the poor are more motivated to seek upward mobility and the vast majority of legal immigrants usually do. That is something I believe the US should always be proud of.

Does that mean we should just let EVERYONE in legally? No. Our system could now withstand that level of expansion in population. The system is already showing stress cracks from the illegals who come here from around the world, let alone legal immigration.

Welfare abuse at this level isn't uncommon for citizens, so why should be tolerate it from invaders? Welfare in general is a poor people trap anyway and desperately needs reform with the elimination of cash assistance, the expansion of the WIC program(which actually does feed people), and opening up the destitute to skills certs in trades that are in demand in the area so that they can get off welfare. I would gladly pay taxes for that. But the way the system is today? Hell no.

Invaders? Half these guys got flyers from employers.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

When you enter someone else's home without so much as a knock you are an invader.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

They found the door wide open with treats waiting and places to work.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Does that mean we should just let EVERYONE in legally? No. Our system could now withstand that level of expansion in population. The system is already showing stress cracks from the illegals who come here from around the world, let alone legal immigration.

Invaders? Half these guys got flyers from employers.

That is irrelevant, send all the fyers you want. They should not phyically be allowed to enter.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Time to shut the door, take away the treats, and punish anyone who hires modern day slaves.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

The door gets shut by cracking down on the employers. They are the ones who got rich not the laborers from crappy places.

If you can kick out and confiscate a guys home who worked here for 15 years and bought his house in cash you should certainly confiscate the assets of the guy hiring a thousand at a time.

The reason the focus is on the labor is because it's a gimmick.
edit on 10-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Time to shut the door, take away the treats, and punish anyone who hires modern day slaves.

I agree, but we don't punish anymore, it's one of the biggest problems we have in this country.

Too many bleeding hearts.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I just would like to know why the rest of us have to be documented. If it is ok to be an undocumented and that doesn't make you illegal why not me too.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Even though conservatives control 70 percent of the nation's legislature, 38 governorships, the house and Senate and the border states have many successive conservative gov...

Doesn't make sense unless it's about money. Bipartisan money.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

The door gets shut by cracking down on the employers. They are the ones who got rich not the laborers from crappy places.

If you can kick out and confiscate a guys home who worked here for 15 years and bought his house in cash you should certainly confiscate the assets of the guy hiring a thousand at a time.

The reason the focus is on the labor is because it's a gimmick.

A guy who was not so posed to be here in the first place. Why is it so hard to understand.

They can't hire them if they can't get here.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Do you want to cap at $10 an hour and crap in 5 gallon drywall buckets at work everyday?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

It doesn't work that way it never has.

Nobody controls immigration with a border heavy plan. It's all the checkpoints and verification for employment on the way.

It is impossible to build a wall to keep people out.

If they know they can't be hired they aren't going to come why is that so hard to undwrsrand? Politicians take bribes. They let people in if you don't verify employees.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
I just would like to know why the rest of us have to be documented. If it is ok to be an undocumented and that doesn't make you illegal why not me too.

Because they care more about the poor illegal immigrant's family and children.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join