It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigrants Received Over $1 Billion in Welfare in Just Two Years

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: luthier

What gets me is the misplaced blame. So many want to blame immigrants for job loss, lower pay, etc.

But illegals have no power to do any of that. Businesses wanted more profit which they can achieve through cheaper labor or higher prices. It's easier to get the cheap labor than get people to pay more for stuff. So they exploit the labor of those who are willing to do it for pennies on the dollar because it's still better than where they were.

Nobody is taking American jobs. They are being given away to those who will work illegally. But it's the employer giving it away, not the immigrant taking it.

Capitalists love this too. I mean if you wanted to work for cheaper they'd give the job back to Americans. They love watching people race to the lowest salary.

But we don't consider them the problem, it's always the little guy. It's always the poor who are hurting the rich somehow. Or the illegal hurting the American. But the illegal and poor have no power to hurt those above them in that way. But we never look in the opposite direction to see what's really happening.

I support severely punishing businesses that knowingly hire illegals. It is quite easy to prevent, but the business lobby doesn't want to do it.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Isn't it weird how the Democrats defend illegal immigration yet claim to be the party for poor black people??

WTF?

I will say I think a lot of black men have been waking up to this I see it a lot on Twitter and in social media.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Isn't it weird how the Democrats defend illegal immigration yet claim to be the party for poor black people??

WTF?

I will say I think a lot of black men have been waking up to this I see it a lot on Twitter and in social media.

Not weird at all... the Democrat party platform often conflicts with the needs of many of the identity groups within the party. For example, Democrats love to talk about "living wages" but then support bringing in illegal immigrants which contribute to lower wages overall. Love to talk about War on Women, but then excuses Muslims for treating women as chattel. The left has never been consistent with their positions.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

It's even weirder republicans control 70 percent of the legislature and have done nothing. Or that guys like Rick perry lived in sanctuary cities as governor.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

It's even weirder republicans control 70 percent of the legislature and have done nothing. Or that guys like Rick perry lived in sanctuary cities as governor.

Republicans support illegal immigration for the business lobby. Democrats support it for the votes.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Hey as long as they can control the minds of the more emotionally based thinkers and get votes no big deal.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

A disgusting bipartisan sham.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: kyleplatinum

Again, you're targeting people who are being invited here.

Business owners want that cheap labor. They tell them to come here, either openly or on the down low, but they those people coming here know if they can make it, there is work for them. That's why they're coming here. They wouldn't waste their time or energy if there was no payoff for them.

It's not just low pay labor anymore. Now it's happening more and more with work visas. Again, because businesses get a better deal. It costs jobs from people here but it works great for business.

Business is constantly leveraging whatever they can and they have the power to do it. Walmart uses welfare to pay it's employees less money. They worked the system so that you can be employed by them and still get gov. assistance because it's not enough. Meaning tax payers are pitching in for what walmart isn't paying it's workers. In other words they are the true beneficiaries of welfare.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

It doesn't work that way.

No other country does immigration that way.

If there is work and life sucks people will risk going.

However if you have a legit every mandatory system it is much harder for meat packer to hit 1000 at a time.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'm working on dual EU citizenship right now, will be moving to Europe.

I guess I should cancel by US citizenship, with the added benefit of no more double taxation, then come back here illegally and have all you liberals pay for what I want. Hell, I'll even show up at your door and you can house me, since you think any type of a wall or border is racist. And don't you dare complain about it at that point. A man needs to eat.
edit on 10-8-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I'm not a Democrat. I also don't support illegal immigration.

But I don't blame it for things when it's not the source of the problem either.

Your problem is you think this is a left right thing. It's not. It might be played out in politics like that but that's just part of the show.

It's about Profit plain and simple. Every conservative farmer I've ever met, (I live in ag central cali too btw.), has illegals working the fields. Usually under the control of one or two legal immigrants who came here illegally but became a citizen. That guy handles all the management of those illegals while that conservative farm owner rakes in the profits from it. You really think those staunch conservative republicans don't support illegals??? They love them, as long as they're profiting from them.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I'm not a Democrat. I also don't support illegal immigration.

But I don't blame it for things when it's not the source of the problem either.

Your problem is you think this is a left right thing. It's not. It might be played out in politics like that but that's just part of the show.

It's about Profit plain and simple. Every conservative farmer I've ever met, (I live in ag central cali too btw.), has illegals working the fields. Usually under the control of one or two legal immigrants who came here illegally but became a citizen. That guy handles all the management of those illegals while that conservative farm owner rakes in the profits from it. You really think those staunch conservative republicans don't support illegals??? They love them, as long as they're profiting from them.

I don't blame the illegals, but we have to fix the system so that they have no incentive to come here illegally. We have so many illegals because even being a lowly paid unskilled worker in America is still better than living in their country of origin.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

America is still better than living in their country of origin.

and honestly that's not our problem I'm sick of being told I am suppose to care about the rest of the world

you want to help people go do it it's not my problem

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I don't blame the illegals, but we have to fix the system so that they have no incentive to come here illegally.

It might not be by your design but the system is working as planned.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Just check the Henry Kissinger video I linked before.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Your problem is that your government doesn't care what you think is or isn't your problem.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Well, big business is fixing that problem as we speak. Soon neither illegals nor anyone else will be getting those jobs as they're being replaced by machines who cost even less.

Soon enough you won't have to worry about illegals getting jobs because there won't be any, not for humans anyway. Wealth will be even more concentrated in the hands of the few while the rest are left to fight over the scraps.

As long as we continue to allow the exploitation of people and resources for Corp. profits this will not change.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

It's going to have to change because I am sick of my cost of living going up year after year after year. So sick of it. I have been going in hard on the city council and I am ready to take it up a notch.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Again, you're targeting people who are being invited here.

Business owners want that cheap labor. They tell them to come here, either openly or on the down low, but they those people coming here know if they can make it, there is work for them. That's why they're coming here. They wouldn't waste their time or energy if there was no payoff for them.

It's not just low pay labor anymore. Now it's happening more and more with work visas. Again, because businesses get a better deal. It costs jobs from people here but it works great for business.

Business is constantly leveraging whatever they can and they have the power to do it. Walmart uses welfare to pay it's employees less money. They worked the system so that you can be employed by them and still get gov. assistance because it's not enough. Meaning tax payers are pitching in for what walmart isn't paying it's workers. In other words they are the true beneficiaries of welfare.

What does the invitation have to do with it?

You can want them, tell them, invite them doesnt matter... They shouldn't be allowed to get here!!

I understand why they want to come here, too bad and who cares, no mercy unless they do it legally.

We are soooo soft!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

America is still better than living in their country of origin.

and honestly that's not our problem I'm sick of being told I am suppose to care about the rest of the world

you want to help people go do it it's not my problem

Agree. It isn't our problem that some countries are armpits. However, it does put things in perspective when people talk about how bad things are in America for the "poor" here. Just gives perspective as to why we have so many people willing to cross deserts and float on inner tubes to come here to clean toilets and pick strawberries. Even our crappiest jobs and living conditions are better than most in some countries.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join