It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigrants Received Over $1 Billion in Welfare in Just Two Years

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I really have to question your source of this so called news.

MondyMondayNews doesn't seem to be a very reliable source for actual credible news. Even worse is for this story it's using fox news as it's source.

They also are brand new and have no history of anything. Under their politics section is just one single category, "Donald Trump". I mean it's like their website isn't even finished or it was made by some no budget person doing it out of their house.

Why would you even use them as a source for anything???

link   

originally posted by: kyleplatinum
“The RAISE Act prevents new migrants and new immigrants from collecting welfare … They’re not going to come in and just immediately go and collect welfare. That doesn’t happen under the RAISE Act. They can’t do that.”
—President Trump, news conference, Aug. 2, 2017

“We also believe that those seeking to immigrate into our country should be able to support themselves financially and should not be able to use welfare for themselves or the household for a period of at least five years.”
—Trump, speech in Youngstown, Ohio, July 25, 2017

Except they weren't supposed to be anyway according to the 1996 welfare reform changes. As you can see, that didn't work out too well.

the 1996 welfare reform changes and other laws are designed to limit immigrant reliance on welfare programs — particularly legal immigrants, since illegal immigrants have been barred from welfare for a long time. These policies include the long-standing "public charge" doctrine that bars entry of immigrants likely to need welfare and the deportation of those who become dependent on it, a five-year bar on most new legal immigrants accessing welfare, and a "deeming" requirement that sponsors' income be considered before welfare can be received.

However, as the appendix in our prior analysis makes clear, these restrictions do not prevent immigrant households from making extensive use of welfare programs because restrictions often apply to only a modest share of legal immigrants at any one time, some programs are not restricted, there are numerous exceptions and exemptions, and some provisions are entirely unenforced.
cis.org...

Same source and although this data is from 2012, it show how bad the problems are

edit on 10-8-2017 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: carewemust

That's a pretty good strawman, however not a very in depth analysis of the situation with facts and sources to support your side of the debate.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I work in a hospital, they rack up giant bills and then don't pay like they're entitled to our healthcare. They drive cars and trucks with no insurance, they take decent paying jobs from Americans and then don't pay a dime in income tax and then on top of that don't even have the respect to learn our language.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I really have to question your source of this so called news.

MondyMondayNews doesn't seem to be a very reliable source for actual credible news. Even worse is for this story it's using fox news as it's source.

They also are brand new and have no history of anything. Under their politics section is just one single category, "Donald Trump". I mean it's like their website isn't even finished or it was made by some no budget person doing it out of their house.

Why would you even use them as a source for anything???

I effortlessly added another source to the OP for you.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

I work in a hospital, they rack up giant bills and then don't pay like they're entitled to our healthcare. They drive cars and trucks with no insurance, they take decent paying jobs from Americans and then don't pay a dime in income tax and then on top of that don't even have the respect to learn our language.

Their employers often don't cover them at all, the better ones have prepaid debits they use for illegals, they drive cars and trucks to work for shady employers then get hurt when they don't have to comply to safety standards, I saw it all the time on job sites.

The biggest villain here is the employers in most cases. Literally 8 + million working illegals with wives and kids on welfare.

The biggest villain is the employer making it all happen and the politicians that lie about that intent.

Like Rick perry didn't know millions of illegals were filling the labor void in building booms. The guy lived in a sanctuary city while gov.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I wonder if this isn't talking about enforcement costs?? Rather than welfare..

The cost of checking green cards, employment varification and housing the before deportation..

If it is actually thalking about welfare I agree it's crazy.. but I doubt it is..
you need a social security number and such to apply for assistance.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Why would they we are morons?

We are weak willed automatons who allow the television to control us.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

The companies definitely know, none of their guys have green cards and the hilarious thing is the guys we see are building a campus for one of the most liberal billionaires in America! How ironic

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Sure. I'll do your due diligence for you as you mindlessly repost disinformation you dredged up from the cesspool of fringe-right fake news blogs.

You could also follow the link I provided. You don't trust CATO? One of the biggest criticisms is that when he generates his estimates, he deliberately uses "households" rather than individuals.

Why does he do this? As the CATO piece explains:

Count individuals, not households.[1] Heritage counts household use of government benefits, not individual immigrant use. Many unauthorized immigrants are married to U.S. citizens and have U.S. citizen children who live in the same households. Counting the fiscal costs of those native-born U.S. citizens massively overstates the fiscal costs of immigration.

So let's imagine you have a family where the father is an illegal immigrant, the mother is US-born and so are both of the children. He counts any services the family receives, including the cost of educating those American children. Rector, like other anti-immigration zealots, knows full well (and acknowledges) that illegal immigrants are not eligible for means tested welfare programs.

I just think it's hilarious that you two have nearly the same post at the same time. I would just like to point out how odd that is.

Nearly the same post? Are you actually trying to demonstrate just how poor your comprehension skills are? You're awfully quick to cast aspersions. I think it's odd that you as you spread disinformation, you have the gall to demand others debunk it. Not only do you take absolutely no ownership over what you post, you expect other people to clean up after you.
edit on 2017-8-10 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

I wonder if this isn't talking about enforcement costs?? Rather than welfare..

The cost of checking green cards, employment varification and housing the before deportation..

If it is actually thalking about welfare I agree it's crazy.. but I doubt it is..
you need a social security number and such to apply for assistance.

Wapo

1.4 million illegals working under stolen Social Security numbers: Audit

Liberal narratives crushed over and over and over.

So glad the Democrats are going to lose again and again.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Why would they we are morons?

We are weak willed automatons who allow the television to control us.

You still aren't getting that the employers and the government worked together over 30 years to allow it...oh well go ahead believe it's the laborers fault. They are the scapegoat after all.

Not the guy saving millions a year cheating the system hiring thousands at his meat plants..

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I appreciate that. But your link is for Fox News which is the source that your first link used as their source.

So that's not a new source at all.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Oh its bipartisan.

If trump wanted to make waves for real he would use enforcement through employment and expand the immigration courts to process more deportations.

Ranchers, builders, farmers, food prep, etc...bipartisan effort to do nothing.

This is how I know it's a gimmick
edit on 10-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I get it.

Maybe an update and an actual effort to the reform is good.

Look, Im against walfare period, even for US citizens.

Life was, is and will always be survival of the fittest, reguardless of civilization.... Work hard, contribute, be positive and you will live long and prosper.
Don't follow that criteria, you will fail in every way.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Sure. I'll do you due diligence for you as you mindlessly repost disinformation you dredged up from the cesspool of fringe-right fake news blogs.

Back up your claims.

Lot of popular verbiage to goad an emotional response from easily manipulate liberals. It's almost like you're using a script.

Stop bull#ting.

If anyone is reading that post and even thinks about believing that walk into any urgent care or food stamp office in California and see for yourselves the truth. Do not listen to what is being said here.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I appreciate that. But your link is for Fox News which is the source that your first link used as their source.

So that's not a new source at all.

Let me guess.. you didn't actually read anything did you?

Where did Fox News get it's information from?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Sorry bra, they take way more than they give

cis.org...

cis.org...

www.google.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Sure. I'll do you due diligence for you as you mindlessly repost disinformation you dredged up from the cesspool of fringe-right fake news blogs.

Back up your claims.

Lot of popular verbiage to goad an emotional response from easily manipulate liberals. It's almost like you're using a script.

Stop bull#ting.

If anyone is reading that post and even thinks about believing that walk into any urgent care or food stamp office in California and see for yourselves the truth. Do not listen to what is being said here.

You should know. You sound like the opposite script.

Go ahead and walk around farms, meat processing, costruction sites tell me what you see....

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kyleplatinum

That' makes a nice slogan but I'm afraid life isn't that simple.

I mean "Work Hard, Contribute, be Positive" is pretty vague man. Successful people don't always work hard or contribute and aren't always positive. Then there are people who do all those things and fail.

Work hard at what???

Contribute to who???

Be positive......but how about when life sucks for no reason of your doing???

I suppose it makes for good advice but that's hardly the secret to being successful in such a complex world.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join