It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigrants Received Over $1 Billion in Welfare in Just Two Years

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This is a damn disgrace. Having lived in California for years near LA I can tell you first hand that illegals maximize the welfare state and it's like they have a roadmap on how to do it.

Story

Fox News

The Los Angeles city and county homeless population rose sharply, almost 6 percent, in 2016. Nearly 47,000 people were living on the streets-28,000 of them were in the city. American families also struggled to get by. Veterans, in need of services, begged for help. Yet despite all that, illegal immigrants reaped the benefits of government handouts.

At first I read, 1 billion oh wow that's not much at all. Then I realized it was just LA and it made sense. Seems like the Democrat's can't win actual American's over to their corrupt incompetent side so they have to import the least educated people in the world to vote for them.

According to data obtained by Fox News, in 2015 and 2016 Los Angeles paid out nearly one-quarter of the amount spent on the entire city’s needy population helping illegals. The data was obtained from the county Department of Public Social Services, which is responsible for handing out the benefits.

HOW is this even possible? How do non citizens get welfare OVER citizens especially vet's??

More than 58,000 families received a total of $602 million in benefits in 2015.
More than 64,000 families received a total of $675 million in 2016.
During the first five months of 2017, more than 60,000 families received a total of $181 million.
Welfare and food stamp costs for the county’s entire population were $3.1 billion in 2015, $2.9 billion in 2016 and $1.5 billion so far in 2017.

Democrat's a re a disgrace to our nation. I pray to god you lose all power and become history.

Power to the Libertarian party and #endthewelfarestate

edit on 10-8-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
“The RAISE Act prevents new migrants and new immigrants from collecting welfare … They’re not going to come in and just immediately go and collect welfare. That doesn’t happen under the RAISE Act. They can’t do that.”
—President Trump, news conference, Aug. 2, 2017

“We also believe that those seeking to immigrate into our country should be able to support themselves financially and should not be able to use welfare for themselves or the household for a period of at least five years.”
—Trump, speech in Youngstown, Ohio, July 25, 2017

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: kyleplatinum

Oh you think they are using their own identity to do this??

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Yep....

Whatever happened to looking after our own first?

I've anyways maintained that the most important people in any country are the ones born and raised there. Then comes the legal immigrants (including LEGITIMATE refugees).

Anyone who is there without permission should be expelled and not allowed to return.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

We have become a country that put's everyone else first.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well, at least it's not wasting money on fire and fury, and things that go bang in the dark.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

That is one way to pay back the illegals for running heroin over the border. Let the citizens pay it. The heroine epidemic is tied in imo.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

How else do the drugs get over the border??

Trucks, cars, bodies, butts and the list goes on.

Trump knows how the drugs get here you don't think he knows real Gangsters in NYC? Come on the guy rebuilt the entire city.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
According to the source..

According to data obtained by Fox News

Uh oh. Can it get any more shady?

Heritage Foundation Senior Fellow

Heritage Foundation hmm?

The Heritage Foundation (abbreviated to Heritage[1][2]) is an American conservative think tank based in Washington, D.C. The foundation took a leading role in the conservative movement during the presidency of Ronald Reagan, whose policies were taken from Heritage's policy study Mandate for Leadership.[4] Heritage has since continued to have a significant influence in U.S. public policy making, and is considered to be one of the most influential conservative research organizations in the United States. After the 2016 election of Donald Trump as U.S. President, Heritage leader Rebekah Mercer played a major role in shaping his transition team.[5]

The Heritage Foundation

Nah, i need to see some numbers from folks that aren't biased first.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: markosity1973

We have become a country that put's everyone else first.

Within your borders yes. Ironically, internationally you've also become a country that bombs first, ask questions later.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Robert Rector has made a career out of providing dubious, exaggerated estimates for use in anti-immigration rhetoric and anti-welfare talking points. Don't believe me, Google "Robert Rector debunked" and see for yourself. Even the CATO institute criticized his garbage in 2013.

Cato - Heritage Immigration Study Fatally Flawed

There are indications that The Heritage Foundation may soon release an updated version of its 2007 report, “The Fiscal Cost of Low-Skill Immigrants to the U.S. Taxpayer,” by Robert Rector. That 2007 report’s flawed methodology produced a grossly exaggerated cost to federal taxpayers of legalizing unauthorized immigrants while undercounting or discounting their positive tax and economic contributions – greatly affecting the 2007 immigration reform debate.

That 2013 report was roundly criticized too. There's plenty of refutation for every "report" he and Sheffield put out.
edit on 2017-8-10 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

Oh please I lived right next to LA for years if anything they're low balling it.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So show your evidence to refute this specific report.

I just think it's hilarious that you two have nearly the same post at the same time. I would just like to point out how odd that is.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

This is a damn disgrace. Having lived in California for years near LA I can tell you first hand that illegals maximize the welfare state and it's like they have a roadmap on how to do it.

Story

The Los Angeles city and county homeless population rose sharply, almost 6 percent, in 2016. Nearly 47,000 people were living on the streets-28,000 of them were in the city. American families also struggled to get by. Veterans, in need of services, begged for help. Yet despite all that, illegal immigrants reaped the benefits of government handouts.

At first I read, 1 billion oh wow that's not much at all. Then I realized it was just LA and it made sense. Seems like the Democrat's can't win actual American's over to their corrupt incompetent side so they have to import the least educated people in the world to vote for them.

According to data obtained by Fox News, in 2015 and 2016 Los Angeles paid out nearly one-quarter of the amount spent on the entire city’s needy population helping illegals. The data was obtained from the county Department of Public Social Services, which is responsible for handing out the benefits.

HOW is this even possible? How do non citizens get welfare OVER citizens especially vet's??

More than 58,000 families received a total of $602 million in benefits in 2015.
More than 64,000 families received a total of $675 million in 2016.
During the first five months of 2017, more than 60,000 families received a total of $181 million.
Welfare and food stamp costs for the county’s entire population were $3.1 billion in 2015, $2.9 billion in 2016 and $1.5 billion so far in 2017.

Democrat's a re a disgrace to our nation. I pray to god you lose all power and become history.

Power to the Libertarian party and #endthewelfarestate

How much did they spend in sales tax?

Was it greater?

How much did their employers save not paying taxes, workman's comp, et...was it higher?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

What they do is all throw in together on single units and save their money either to send it home to their family or to move back to Mexico to retire because the dollar value is much greater in Mexico.

I know this first hand.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Oh you think they are using their own identity to do this??

They definately start with anchor babies.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

They don't pay for rent and food? I was a carpenter for 13 years in Texas.

Mexicans buy rims, stereos, huge tv's, budweiser, food, etc. No they don't all send it home. 11 billion a year is estimated payed from property tax of owned and rented homes of illegals for instance. (Across us)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

That's true as well.

I mean all you have to do is walk to a food stamp office or any of the health clinics if you don't believe it. It's so simple the people who deny it either have an agenda or live in a white suburban neighborhood in Montana or New York.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

How much do their employers scam the revanu system?

Why doesn't anyone complain about them?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Well, at least it's not wasting money on fire and fury, and things that go bang in the dark.

To the contrary, the illegal alien murders and rapists, use the money for knives, guns, drugs, etc..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join