It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Accidental Fat Shaming Of Women

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This is why I always just ask
"Do you have any children?"
If she's knocked up you'll get something along the lines of, "Not yet, but I'm expecting ______"

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

You know what... There is always a counterpart but in this case I can't think an equivalent question a woman can formulate to a man.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
Fat people skinny shame me.
I'm in good shape, not skinny, and get told by older women that they'd like to take me home and fatten me up.

i.imgur.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: solargeddon

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

But what I am speaking about here is when anybody says to a woman who is overweight from their perspective "Oh when are you expecting?"

ATS share your opinion ?

Don't ask, don't tell.

If you don't like it then lose some bad weight and keep the healthy. Can't blame anyone but yourself on this.

But instead of getting offended, and I get that sometimes there are physical or biological constraints which you don't have any control over, the best thing to do is respond honestly stating this. That way the other person has a better understanding of your situation.

But if you sit on couch and eat chips all day....tisk tisk!

Yeah, see you are the problem aren't you, pushing responsibility for your insensitivity onto the person you are being insensitive about....congratulations on giving us the perfect illustration as to why it is wrong to judge, you just made someone else responsible for how you see things...not good.

Learn to take responsibility.

I told OP my opinion and if you label me as a problem then you are equally as guilty. I have my own beliefs, but I only responded with an opinion to the OP.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

These are handy guides:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Yet your opinion shifted responsibility for your opinion to that of the person you opined about...who was hypothetical.

Interesting why you think you need to justify your post, hell I don't give a damn what you do, I only need you to see that I see you, I see what you did and pointed out how it wasn't a good choice, given that it meant you failing to take responsibility for how you see/interact with the world around you.

Maybe you can take what I have shown you and have a little critical thinking session to determine which perspective will out....yours, or mine.

By the way, no one needs to know whether you choose to dig your heels in and continue to justify your original opinion, or choose to see some validity in what I wrote, it is for you only, only you can decide what sits more comfortably for you...no one else.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MDpvc
If she's knocked up you'll get something along the lines of, "Not yet, but I'm expecting ______"

I always tell them they appear to be glowing which they do and they usually tell me they're expecting.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Sneaky! But I like it!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
Fat people skinny shame me.
I'm in good shape, not skinny, and get told by older women that they'd like to take me home and fatten me up.

Watch out, Hansel and Gretel tale is about those witches.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: MDpvc

I always tell them they appear to be glowing which they do and they usually tell me they're expecting.

I said that to one of my Sister-In-Laws this Summer. She asked, "Are you calling me FAT!?". Didn't speak to me again while she was in town. What is it about California women?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I recently ran into an old girlfriend I hadn't seen in a few years.
Fist words out of my mouth..."Damn, babe. You got fat."
She laughed and gave me a big fat hug.
Her boobs are a thing of beauty these days.
edit on 10-8-2017 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

You are totally on the offensive! Wow. Do you want me to pat you on the back and calmly ask you to calm down? Geeez.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I have had great success with Medifast diet (google it). It's kind of pricey but very well engineered. It's really easy to do.

edit on 10-8-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hah, women are so thin-skinned anymore that it's almost an accidental self-insult by way of weakness.
I've been asked it, both skinny as a rail with a paunch, and as a fluffier mom losing the baby weight still. You know what I have used as my go-to reply when I've been asked "When are you due/How far along are you?"

"in about 12 hours when lunch works it's way through," and "A few hours into digestion", respectively. Have a damn sense of humor and just roll with it, won't kill us any.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
im a power lifter. big chest but big belly. i hear 'you gotta drop that weight' all the time. people need to grow the fokk up. 'fat shaming' LMFAO. for a chick no less? guys LOVE fat broads. if only girls loved fat guys lol.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

But what I am speaking about here is when anybody says to a woman who is overweight from their perspective "Oh when are you expecting?"

You saw the tape of me talking to DB, didn't you?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You saw the tape of me talking to DB, didn't you?

DBCowboy's really DBCowgirl?

That explains why Zazz's shoes keep getting stolen.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I was just looking back on some posts it seems by ATS standards it's OK to accidentally insult somebody, and they just have to suck it up, and grow thicker skin or lose the weight.

I don't agree, those people are being thoughtless and not polite at all, it's like a person who has no manners, and never says please or thank you to anybody for anything.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
im a power lifter. big chest but big belly. i hear 'you gotta drop that weight' all the time. people need to grow the fokk up. 'fat shaming' LMFAO. for a chick no less? guys LOVE fat broads. if only girls loved fat guys lol.

My wife went on a "Physicians Weight Loss" program years ago. Lost 57 pounds. I used food temptation therapy to put half of that weight back on her. Sex isn't the same when the "good parts" have shrunken.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

they just have to suck it up, and grow thicker skin

As figures of speech go, those were perhaps not the wisest choices given the context of this discussion.
edit on 10-8-2017 by audubon because: format fix

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join