It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nepal criminalizes "menstruation huts"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama
Those women are totally doing it wrong over there. The man should go to the hut, not her. I make my husband go to the barn. I throw out food twice a day for him when i feed and water the animals.

I nominate you for ATS Supreme Matriarch.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I accept the title. I will serve proudly. Do I get to wear a crown???

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama
a reply to: Abysha

I accept the title. I will serve proudly. Do I get to wear a crown???

Hmmm... I'll talk to the board of ATS Supreme Matriarchs and get back to you on that.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I might be a little off topic, but as a man I would love a week of solitude every month. Just saying.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This is insane, geez

Did they happen to attach a floorplan for for these so called cowsheds?

It's for research purposes

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
This is kind of a good thing but then again kind of not. Its their traditions after all and I'm guessing that this new law is going to be very difficult to police. There will be some women who insist its their right to follow these traditions just like some Muslim women insist on wearing the burka even when they dont' have to by law. Its a strange world

en.wikipedia.org...

Statistics from Violence Against Women,[1] a website dedicated to raising awareness as well as finding solutions to present day issues, highlight these inequalities: 77 percent of the episodes of violence against women are reported as being from within the family. 22 percent of women aged 15 to 49 have experienced physical violence at least once since age 15. 43 percent of women have experienced sexual harassment in the workplace. Between 5,000 and 12,000 girls and women are trafficked every year. 75 percent of them are below 18 years of age and the majority are sold into forced prostitution.

Heavy statistics. Glad that change is coming for these people. Been a long time coming.

One of the few women who have made a great impact on Nepal's feminist movement is Simon de Beauvoir, with her book The Second Sex. Such strong-willed writing helped remind most Nepali women of their rights as citizens.[2]

and

After the lobbying of various organisations and feminist groups, 33% seats are reserved in every committee and group starting from the grassroots level up to the legislative of Nepal. However, these reservation policies are not currently being enforced. Government grants subsidy on tax while registering property in the name of women to improve the access of women on property. Women are allocating and reserving 33% seats on every possible programs from scholarship to government jobs to increase the participation of women.[2] There are specific grammar problems within the language of Nepal, specifically toward women. Towards the mid-20th century, that began to change due to the feminist movement, which took notice of these words being used. Most of the language consisted of sexist words to describe women, while men were described with positive words. However, the sexism towards women is slowly changing as the times change for Nepal.[2]

The right wing has never been progressive with rights. They are the traditionalists generally. Change comes from the left. The OP has a few perception problems to say the least, being more a part of the problem than the solution.

All I want is for women to have free lives. In America and even Britain they STILL do not. I can think of a thousand ways in which they are not getting the same as men, STILL!

edit on 11-8-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

oh FFS - why did you just have to troll politics into this ??????????????????

it was a perfectly good story - and an example of how nepal is striving to enforce universal rights and sufferage

but no - you had to inject your political wingnuttery

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson
Got that right!! Thats what a man cave is for!! Just sayin? And, maybe thats why I'm still living alone!!

edit on 11-8-2017 by Dogwooddoors because: added more

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join