It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am so NOT thankful of my hardships.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Yes, all of what you said feels true.

Thank you for being kind to me.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

If you have anything genuine to say you can message me privately.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
You are welcome
healthy distance is needed to not become accepting of siht.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
no one is expecting you to be thankful for child abuse. no one is expecting... YOU a reply to: geezlouise

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: QueenofWeird

What an insightful statement... amazing. Thank you for that.

a reply to: Wedni

Why are you so creepy?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Looks like I missed everything, I guess I should have stayed up later.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well I hope you had some sweet dreams.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well, I hope you had some wet dreams because I am still a little miffed at GL and I want to one up her. And I somehow sense you might prefer them to sweet dreams.

Either way though, be glad you slept through it.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
i'm unusual to you a reply to: geezlouise

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Wedni

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

But yes people have urged me to be thankful of child rape- trying to say how it gives us opportunity, to become something, saying that it builds character and sh-t. And like, yes ok. I understand that we can turn that situation into an opportunity to suicide or homicide or stockholm syndrome or drug addiction only to recover and become the hero role model of healing perfection to guide others out of the darkness. But I still don't consider any of those positive opportunities. Like, I am not thankful that anyone is ever in those positions, facing those opportunities.

We would all be better without it and I still maintain that it doesn't make anyone stronger. Ever.

Just telling the troof, yo.

Also, ily MotherMayEye and that last thing you posted. I'm glad you're here.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I am still a little miffed at GL and I want to one up her.

And yet you tell her to

Grow up
on the previous page?

Pot, meet kettle.

You deleted most of your posts, but you still come back if it affects you so badly? Just leave the thread. Stop responding.

Or can't you?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
Well, I hope you had some wet dreams because I am still a little miffed at GL and I want to one up her. And I somehow sense you might prefer them to sweet dreams.

Yes.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Sending you a PM, GL.

edit on 8/15/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I wrote her privately.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
I wrote her privately.

That makes two of us.

edit on 15-8-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I have a question for Geezlouise....do you think that it is "impossible" for the trauma that you experienced to be able to play some sort of positive or at the least a "necessary" role...in the grand scheme of things?

edit on 16-8-2017 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Obviously these things are very personal and you have my full support and condolances.

However personally, having come from an abusive background whihc led to suicidal depression and PTSD I personally found it has made me a more loving, stronger person in the long run (complete opposite in the short run) as the experiences taught me to be far more loving, couteous, aware of troubles others may face and determined to do at least one good deep a day, no matter how big or small.

It's not easy, it requires you to face your worst fears, you need a good supporting people around you and a 'never say die' attitude - but the rewards of turning a negative into a possitive (making sure others don't experience the same) is probably the most rewarding experiences I've had in life and also help to get rid of the black dog associated with the past so I can draw a line under it and do my best to turn a major negative I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy into a possitive thing of doing my best to help each others in similar situations.

Though all people and experiences are different - this is by no means a criticism, just a tip for what worked personally for me and should not be attempted without proper support teams/doctors as it is very trying in the initial month or so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join