It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vegetarians Are Nearly Twice As Likely To Be Depressed As Meat-Eaters, Study Finds

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

likewise just because you need dead babies to stop your skin from turning green does not mean i am not correct.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: seasonal

I couldn't imagine not eating meat. No wonder they're depressed.

Also, if we're not meant to eat animals, why did god make animals out of food?

Hey I learned it from The Lion King. It's all part of the circle of life, right? I know Disney wouldn't tell me to do something that's immoral..

Exactly!

Now let's all go talk to animals before we eat them. Oh, and have a little sing along too.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0racle

likewise just because you need dead babies to stop your skin from turning green does not mean i am not correct.

The dead ones taste nicer and don't wriggle as much.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I thought being vegetarian was the mental illness?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

exposed

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

vehetarians dont feel the need to defend themselves in threads about eating meat..

carnivores on the other hand.... very insecure

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

exposed

Sorry!

*pulls zipper up*

Better?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 0racle

Who's defending eating meat?

That'd be like defending breathing, drinking or sacrificing babies to Cthulhu.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Abysha

There are many "new" theories on why "clogged" arteries happen. And a lot of them have more to do with sugar and eating things that are white (bread-rice-sugar-cereals) than eating meat. Meat may not be the culprit is made out to be.

I am a firm believer in this as well. The danger of lasting bodily harm is done by continuous consumption of sugar and carbs.

I switched to a paleo/ketogenic diet 4 years ago and I have never looked back. Lost all of my excess weight and I have kept it off. I feel much better than I have in a long time and even exercise is tolerable now compared to being pure torture before.

But I guess doctors and our medical establishment need to make money, so people should keep on worshiping the food pyramid our government currently promotes.

The funniest thing is that vegans/vegetarians think they are not hurting anything, that they are not consuming life. Kind of humorous and sad at the same time.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

What came first? The mental illness or the decision to exclude meat from your diet?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Must i tell you in German?

Du bist immer noch im faden!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 0racle

I was only joking.

Hey man, I eat a LOT of veggies.. every day and every meal in fact.

But there is just no way that I can eat soy and beans everyday as my protein source, which my body desperately needs a lot of. (I still eat soy and beans)

link   

Must i tell you in German?

Du bist immer noch im faden!

Well done!

And yes, I'm still in the thread. Your point?
edit on 1082017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Are you saying you only eat happy pigs roaming five acres before they get shot just for you? Otherwise you do.

Human diet is originally plants and insects.

How are insects and plants less alive than animals. The only differences are that we see animals and facial expressions and assume they mean the same to them as they do us. Animals brains still rely on chemical signatures as do plants. Fear, anger, and excitement all register the same with them. Although animals in captivity do mimic human emotions, they only do that because we are so easily manipulated. They use us for the sake of comfort, as do we them. All our food is just an energy storage compartment, for the most part animals just store more energy.

If we do nothing to limit human population growth then eventually every piece of land will be for food plot, homes, or burial plots. Switching to herbivores will do nothing to help this or the animals. Don't get me wrong the way Big Corp does farming it harms the animals, and the food that come from them. But the same goes for plants, and that's all part of the global initiative of singular providers.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

The funniest thing is that vegans/vegetarians think they are not hurting anything, that they are not consuming life. Kind of humorous and sad at the same time.

This argument is ridiculous because many plants survival literally depends on their continued consumption by herbivores and omnivores.

They don't have pain the experience of pain and pleasure in the same way humans and animals do.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

you do realise that if we became a vegan species we would have more than enough food and land because grains to feed animals and land to keep animals is actually very massive.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

better after pulling up your zipper. nein.

link   

Meat company studies.

One such study, published in Nutrition Journal in 2010, looked at the mental health and mood of vegetarians and meat eaters. This study found that vegetarian study participants had healthier mood profiles, and were less likely to report depression, than study participants who ate meat.

Another study, also published in Nutrition Journal, studied a group of people who were daily meat or chicken eaters, and then switched to a vegetarian diet. In this particular study, the participants reported improved mood and less stress after just two weeks on a vegetarian diet. The researchers who carried out the study suggested that the reason for the mood improvements was to do with the elimination of long chain fatty acids from the diet, in particular one called arachidonic acid, which is present in meat and is associated with depressive symptoms.

link   

a reply to: ClovenSky

This argument is ridiculous because many plants survival literally depends on their continued consumption by herbivores and omnivores.

They don't have pain the experience of pain and pleasure in the same way humans and animals do.

Some also depend on animals being killed.

But most vegans and vegetarians don't know that.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

better after pulling up your zipper. nein.

Not really. I'm a bit warm now.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join