It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unhinged Breitbart Editor Claims Statue of Liberity is Anti-Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
When I first saw the tweet from Breitbart editor John Carney, I didn't know what to make of it.

What was he whining about? "Opposition Media can't even do fashion without attacking us" — where was the attack? The Vogue cover didn't look particularly controversial at first glance. It featured the always beautiful Jennifer Lawrence, looking absolutely stunning in an elegant red dress, leaning against what appears to a ship's railing, with the Statue of Liberty in the background.

So I clicked the image and scrutinized the text. Not one mention of politics let alone Donald Trump or his Minions of Doom. Still not "getting it," I scrolled down a bit through responses — quite a few them from folks as bewildered as I was — until I found illuminating evidence of his derangement.

John Carney‏ Verified account @carney

Damn. You guys are right. The Weaponization of the Statue of Liberty against immigration reform is a figment of my imagination.

1:36 PM - 10 Aug 2017

That's right folks. According to this lunatic, the friggin' Statue of Liberty has been WEAPONIZED against the Commanderp-in-Chief, his administration, the for-the-moment loyal Bannonite shills at Mercer Propaganda Brietbart News and the whole of Trumpkindom.

As he was feverishly tweeting in defense of his delusions, the Vogue director of communications responded in a tweet, informing the bonkers Brietbart bedlamite that the photo shoot had been in... June.

Zara Rahim‏ Verified account @zara915
Replying to @carney

we shot this in June buddy.
1:57 PM - 10 Aug 2017

Not to be deterred, he fell flatly back on the 'ol "I was just kidding!" excuse familiar to many an idiot who has said something stupid. But even as he peddled implausible excuses, he tossed out a last ditch effort to save his bizarre allegations:

John Carney‏ Verified account @carney
Replying to @zara915

A) I was teasing about the left's insistence that it's a symbol of open immigration.
B) But when did you choose it as the cover?

2:23 PM - 10 Aug 2017

What a clown. Why is it that when it comes to these MAGAprop hacks, they're always pitching some merch? ("We're going to have to create a full #MAGA shadow cultural industry")

I suspect they're just taking cues from the classlessly-self-promoting biggly mangerine and his merry band of brand whoring junk peddlers. I do have to wonder though, what would high fashion in the MAGAworld, Made-in-the-PRC "shadow culture" look like?
edit on 2017-8-10 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

At first, I thought that was Ivanka, not Jennifer Lawrence!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It's inverted backword.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Pretty fair criticism on your part, T.A. IMO...

I understand the complaining goofballs premise... but on the scale of media/entertainment histrionics... this doesn't even register a blip. There IS an obsessive biased editorial deluge pointed at Trump... unlike anything most of us have seen in our lifetimes.

Other Presidents have hammered away at media (even threatened violence against media figures), but most folks involved in current politics are too young to remember Truman's threat to beat up a newspaper entertainment critic... or any of the nutty things politicians did in the 1800's

It IS a fantastic image, I think... and after looking at it a couple times, noticed it was by Annie Leibovitz... damn... she IS good.

Now... I must also confess... I don't know what "JLaw's" take on "Liberty" is... or what the story contains. So that might factor in to it. She's young, AMERICAN... so certainly entitled to her opinion whatever it is.

If the Left manages to get rid of Trump, through whatever means... causing TPP to get rammed through once and for all... it will be the biggest political error in American history. TPP makes multi-national corporations the actual rulers and arbiters of global policy on nearly everything, with maybe the exception of the bar for military action.

Which... given a century of the American "Banking Warfare" economic system... is already settled, that we wage war for corporations.

Another discussion entirely... and yeah... if/when it happens... I will be telling the sheep that followed the RNC/DNC/Clinton cabals "I told you so!"

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Glad you brought this to our attention.

This is super important and everyone needs to know about this.

Too bad we are wasting time on things like North Korea.

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You're welcome.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This is as funny, to me, as when people got upset about ice cream scoops.

What a silly, silly thing to manufacture outrage over. And then to try and be cute with the sarcastic "you're right it's all in my ." line.

So many lulz.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

It must be hard living life when one is incapable of handling more than one thing at a time. My sympathies.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

It must be hard living life when one is incapable of handling more than one thing at a time. My sympathies.

It's about filtering out the bullcrap and unimportant minutia.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

The cruel specter of Lady Liberty beats us all down.

And what about that American flag?! It looks too much like the Obama campaign poster!

And Uncle Sam?! Clearly going against our anti-immigration policy with "We want you". Because we don't!

Statues, flags, mascots... all a bunch of liberal propaganda generated to keep Trump down.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

It's about filtering out the bullcrap and unimportant minutia.

Your last thread was about how you no longer identify with television commercials.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I still don't get it. What type of delusional idiot thinks the statue of liberty is being weaponized against them?

Oh, that's right, a Breitbart editor.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Clearly the only reasonable thing to do, to be fair to Donald Trump and his followers (the greatest the world has ever known), is to tear down that eyesore of a statue and replace it with a glorious statue of "The Donald," New York City's most treasured export.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Well what the hell are we waiting for? It's obviously time to impeach the bastard.

Pitchforks and unite !!!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Whole us of a has been pussyfied. Each and every day someone is whining over some crap
Your pussy president whines, your pussy journalists whine, pussy Americans butch and whine every day. Seriously, wtf is wrong with you guys ? Has it always been like this ?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

It's a shame they didn't run a piece on this (yet)! Way better than most of their other non-stories already, Mockingbird rocks!

I do have to wonder though, what would high fashion in the MAGAworld, Made-in-the-PRC "shadow culture" look like?

No, you really don't wanna go there without the devil ether.

A drug person can learn to cope with things like seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth, but nobody should be asked to handle this trip. Bazooko's Circus is what the whole hep world would be doing every Saturday night if the Nazis had won the war. This was the Sixth Reich.

Fear & Loathing

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Man, they're some of the most easily triggered people I've ever seen.

Remember their outrage when IronMan (Tony Starks) was being replaced by an African American girl, Riri Williams ((HERE))? Or their great triggering over "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" having a female protagonist? Or over Pres Obama eating honey dijon mustard on his hamburger? It's almost like you could tweet the Declaration of Independence and they'd still get triggered about it. Oh wait, that happened too (HERE).

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

The bizarre triggering at the tweeting of the Declaration of Independence was particularly w-t-actual-f?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I just want to point out, that we're also accepting folks who do not own pitchforks. Shovels are acceptable as well as large gardening sheers. Basically anything stabby. No chainsaws, weedwhackers, or lawnmowers please — collateral mangling is no joke!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Abysha

Clearly the only reasonable thing to do, to be fair to Donald Trump and his followers (the greatest the world has ever known), is to tear down that eyesore of a statue and replace it with a glorious statue of "The Donald," New York City's most treasured export.

How about ignoring the idiots, focusing on putting your country back together and trying to find common ground with those Trumpderps who are so disillusioned with the left that they would literally prefer to die than accept the idiocy of political correctness for even one more minute?

How 'bout that?

No? Didn't think so bigshot.

The unhinged are not a problem, it is the manipulating psychopaths who really need watching.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join