It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former NSA Experts: It Wasn't Russia. It Wasn't Even A Hack. It Was A Leak.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Gryphon66

Like a pit bull.

So a hyper aggressive animal who lashes out at everything and everyone? Even those who are not threatening them...An animal you feed every day and love but can't trust around your children...An animal so vile and aggressive that you can't even get home insurance if you have them in your house...An animal you can't TRUST at all!!!

????

You should have chosen a better comparison.....just saying..
edit on 11-8-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
LOL ... of course, some are trying to suggest that its only the subset of "the American people" who don't dogpile onto right-wing fringe nonsense that are "stupid" ... did someone mention confirmation bias?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

These were not thousands of files. It was only 13 files. The speed loss mentioned does not account for .24mb/s transfer rate to a USB drive.

The example of two files being downloaded wasn't a large and small file. They would both be large files. The timestamp would show the difference between the creation of both files but the difference would not indicate the transfer rate. It would show that one was created seconds after the other even if they took days to download.

Internet speed both up and down are irrelevant in the above scenario.
edit on 11-8-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Apropos of alleged "stupidity" ...

Myths about Pit Bulls

MYTH: Pit Bulls are all inherently vicious.
Reality: This is a stereotype that is biased toward generalizing and condemning an entire breed based on the actions of a few bad people. The truth is that each dog should be evaluated by his own merits and not by his breed. A corollary truth is that there truly are no bad dogs, only bad people. In his essay Troublemakers, Malcolm Gladwell discusses what Pit Bull stereotypes can teach us about the wrongness of racial profiling of both humans and dogs.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

That member works for the dnc...as posted by the member.
What do you expect?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Apropos of alleged "stupidity" ...

Myths about Pit Bulls

MYTH: Pit Bulls are all inherently vicious.
Reality: This is a stereotype that is biased toward generalizing and condemning an entire breed based on the actions of a few bad people. The truth is that each dog should be evaluated by his own merits and not by his breed. A corollary truth is that there truly are no bad dogs, only bad people. In his essay Troublemakers, Malcolm Gladwell discusses what Pit Bull stereotypes can teach us about the wrongness of racial profiling of both humans and dogs.

Tell that to poor grandma....

Or the helpless neighbor

Or the lady just walking down the street

Exactly how I want people to perceive me....Like a pit bull.....

LMAO

edit on 11-8-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Every transfer has many actions to perform for each file.

I mentioned the upload speed because that is what governs the end result of all those operations.

It could all be done swiftly or not and then still be limited to the connection speed if done over a remote connection.

I dont think what you suspect is happening with the time stamps is acurate. Maybe you went to school for this and know more than me.

I have never heard of such a gross error being built into USB metadata time stamp logs.

Even if true, it would only be true for FAT32 and ExFAT.

NTFS logs dont have this oversight if what you say is true.

What format was all this in? Do we know?

edit on 8 11 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
Every transfer has many actions to perform for each file.

Yes but it is a small amount for each file and here we are only talking about 13 files.

I mentioned the upload speed because that is what governs the end result of all those operations.

We are talking about 2 different things.

First: The example with two files that take hours, days or even weeks being transferred (downloaded) simultaneously so that their timestamps are seconds apart so that the difference between them doesn't correlate to any transfer rate.

Second: If it was a USB drive then it shouldn't take a 6.79MB file 28 seconds to copy and even less if USB 3.0 was used.

It could all be done swiftly or not and then still be limited to the connection speed if done over a remote connection.

Yes it could have also been done slowly, compiled and then transferred again over a fast connection showing a fast transfer rate. What I'm pointing out doesn't prove a hack. It just questions the method and conclusion reached by forensicator.

I have never heard of such a gross error being built into USB metadata time stamp logs.

Even if true, it would only be true for FAT32 and ExFAT.

NTFS logs dont have this oversight if what you say is true.

What format was all this in? Do we know?

It isn't an error in the timestamps. It is an error in believing that you can calculate transfer rate of the first transfer from the timestamps without knowing what was done with them between the first transfer and them being zipped.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Gosh, there are Youtoob vids?

Well, that settles it then.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Except they didn't rig the primaries.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I meant I don't let go but you know what ever. I can't control what you think.
I happen to know people with pit bulls and they're sweet loyal and very playful dogs.
And they lick a lot. You obviously don't know # about the breed.
My reference was to the strength of their jaws and their grip when they want to keep hold of something.
Have a lovely day dear.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

... but ... but ... but, there were YOUTOOB VIDEOS!!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Thank you. The pits I know are owned by people who love animals and they are loving members of the family.
But as me old mum used to say when someone asked if our dog bit. " She has teeth doesn't she?"
Any dog can bite you.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Thank you. The pits I know are owned by people who love animals and they are loving members of the family.
But as me old mum used to say when someone asked if our dog bit. " She has teeth doesn't she?"
Any dog can bite you.

Your analogy (indicating tenaciousness) was also used by Sarah Palin ... I doubt some of these members would have the same unnecessary and pointless commentary about her.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Yeah there are videos of the Ghost and Mrs Muir but I don't believe Capt. Greg is real. Lol.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I don't care . Let them have their narrow views of the world. This is really an illustration of the way they see things. They stereotype .
Even dogs.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I don't work for the DNC.
I'm a retired business owner. I owned a rug and accessories store. Small but exquisite side tables, lamps, commercial art. Stuff like that. Very high end. I sold it in 2014 including a building with an attached warehouse. So no. Wrong again. As usual.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

You have posted otherwise here.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Just call it "fake news", then you can ignore it.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

You have posted otherwise here.

Sillyolme is not the topic. If this alleged statement is somehow associated with the topic at hand, why don't you cite it?

At this point, you just look like you don't have anything else to say about the ludicrous idea that retired NSA agents who are now Fox News commentators are more qualified than the current American Intelligence Community.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join