It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Return to ATS and Why I Returned - "20% of all people are psychotic"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I've been prior member of ATS. Things change, people change and for some time ATS was simply forgotten as I had other things in my life.

I can't recall my account, so I post my story here hoping it reaches even one single person. It may be meaningful for someone to know.

(I cannot post this to other forums due new member restrictions and I do not care about "collecting 500 points", or whatever that means).

Last spring things got weird. My employer played a significant part in this, reporting to authorities their "concern".

Reason was that knew a lot about their business. To the extent I knew stuff their managers did not know, and I called their bluff of what is labeled as business strategy. And I told people about it, and got my return. They contacted authorities and claimed things about me that were psychotic behavior. They stretched the truth and got what they wanted. At least I'm not bothering them now, but I feel sorry for those that still invest or do business with that company.

Psychiatrists of the government jumped happily to big boy's bandwagon, claiming for example that "person is afraid that someone listens to his phone". That sentence is pure made- up nonsense. I have never said such thing, and telephones are things that really don't concern me because they have not much security. Why would I be afraid that someone listens to something I care little about?

Then their doctrine became that I am psychotic. Their current analysis is that 20% of all people of this country I reside in is psychotic. That is their exact words.

Psychotic is label that means distorted worldview, which makes sense to no-one but the person. It is basically a label saying that this person should not be listened to. I'm highly educated, very articulate and I do not fit the bill they want me to be. But, in their books I am psychotic.

Let's talk briefly why.

Psychotic is label that they are willing to put on every person who does not fit the small box of ideal citizen. That citizen watches news and believes in them, thinks that big corporations are not running the show, believes in political nonsense and defies anything that is part of the mystic that has been in form or another (religion, spirituality) since the dawn of men. Today any of those things is in system psychiatry denied. You can't have any beliefs other than what fits the box of person who lives in their imaginery box.

Their definition of psychosis - I quote - is "anything that is beyond normal day experience". That is, everyone of us on this board has per their definition "symptoms of psychotic behavior". I'm sure no-one who has ever posted here would go through their defintions of psychotic person, now or in the past.

Recently I saw also news article that told that in 10 years amount of psychotic - note again word "psychotic" - has increased 10- fold. Do you think that there's no change of how they define "psychotic" today? Doesn't this figure or claim which makes no sense indicate what is the latest and greatest psychiatry doctrine.

They even tried to put me to psychiatric care. It stopped when I started repeating their truthts. You know what the word for this is, but if you say that word, you my friend, are in their books "psychotic".

I am not psychotic, because I believe in nothing. Therefore I cannot have delusions. And, there is nothing me or you can do about this. We can only accept their texts and medical analysis, as we have no power over them. I would call this realism, but they have another label for it which will diminish this way of thinking. It is not wanted, and it will be shut down - one way or another.

Greatest conspiracy is the one that no-one knows they are part of.
edit on 10-8-2017 by WelcomeToShow because: typo correction

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I think i get the point here...

And I'll say.. The labeling of folks by the psychiatric industry has been ridiculous. I would venture to guess if ALL folks were honest in an MMPI, a looooooooooot of folks would test as some kind of psychotic or have some form of mania.

Its an outdated system from the 60's and it ruins peoples lives.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: WelcomeToShow

If you don't care about following simple terms and conditions, why should anyone care about what you have to say?

20 posts isn't difficult.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: WelcomeToShow I don't know about the scientists but in my own study everybody's crazy except me of course

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Most psychotic intro ever. Hands down.

Welcome back!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

If you don't care about following simple terms and conditions, why should anyone care about what you have to say?

20 posts isn't difficult.

Why would I produce 20 posts of nonsense when this is the topic that I wished to bring to attention, and that I came back to this forum for? What good those 20 irrelevant made-up posts by me would do to anyone?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Because this is the Introduction Forum, the amount of people looking to participate in the topic concerning what you posted is going to be minimal since it is in the wrong forum.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Welcome back!!!!

Sorry your employer did you wrong like that.

In a way I see this as being acceptable as an introductory post... it is after all about them personally "Hi I used to be a member, here is a strange interesting thing involving me that happened"

But I'm not a mod so good luck if your post stays up or is removed either way welcome back

-Alee
edit on 8/10/2017 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I actually liked the OP.
Thanks.

By their standards, I, too, am probably considered a psychopathic wingnut.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Guess who the 20% are.
Yeah, anyone who questions anything is "psychotic."

Anyway, welcome back.
edit on 10-8-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS. It's challenging dealing with mental health issues.

Idk, perhaps they were worried about you?I thought behaviour was supposed to carry the most weight when it came to going to the hospital. Labels suck, simply having one's own ideas about the issues shouldn't be an problem. If you were raising a little hell, then maybe that drew some heat?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

What good those 20 irrelevant made-up posts by me would do to anyone?

Sop you have come to troll ATS.

Made up posts?

Is this intro 'made up'?

Posting this on an internet forum where the forum is for introducing yourself really doesn't help your claims that you aren't a few cents short of a dollar.

anyway

welcome back

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I thought that the minimum posts were down to five (from twenty) now.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

classical schizophrenia involves paranoia, hysteria and delusion all of which you managed to highlight in one thread, well done.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml

Welcome to ATS. It's challenging dealing with mental health issues.

Idk, perhaps they were worried about you?I thought behaviour was supposed to carry the most weight when it came to going to the hospital. Labels suck, simply having one's own ideas about the issues shouldn't be an problem. If you were raising a little hell, then maybe that drew some heat?

I don't feel I have any form of mental issues. I have my beliefs on things, but I think we are all entitled to our own opinions.

You are right that my mistake was to open my mouth. It was serious things that could risk lives or lose people's money for stupidity, greed and poor business strategies.

If I did the wrong thing, I don't really mind the consequences.

But me being psychotic, and doctors writing up things I have not said - they "interprepted the patient" - is pure nonsense.

I wanted just to warn people. I would not want this to happen to anyone else, that is all.

It is your choice if you choose to do what I did.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I have my beliefs on things, but I think we are all entitled to our own opinions.

That was a quick change,

you started this thread and ended your initial post saying you believed in nothing, therefore you aren't delusional.

here, let me quote you

I am not psychotic, because I believe in nothing. Therefore I cannot have delusions.

Its just a bit confusing saying you don't and now you do.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Well your candor is refreshing. Don't go too hard on yourself, it can be scary learning to practice expressing ourselves in a healthy fashion. There's much stigma around mental health, and it's understandably a controversial issue. Negative experiences with the system discourage people from getting help when they really need it.

Probably best to stick to intros in this thread though. I do believe they lowered post count to start threads...

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argentbenign
a reply to: WelcomeToShow I don't know about the scientists but in my own study everybody's crazy except me of course

Hey now! That directly refutes my study that says that everyone is crazy but me. We should compare notes to see where and who went wrong.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

That was a quick change,

you started this thread and ended your initial post saying you believed in nothing, therefore you aren't delusional.

here, let me quote you

I could attack you with similar smartness and clever words, but I rather not to. This type of meta- discussion is in my opinion pointless.

What I meant that I do not believe in anything is something completely else. It has nothing to do with that level of discussion you are representing. I can only guess what or why is this meaningful to you to note what you noted?

Just a thought though - could it be sometimes worth trying to communicate and listen what others tell you about? How about some open- minded curiosity? Could you maybe learn something - or are we here for some other purpose?

The tone of many replies make me think we can't even afford formal compliments, even though they cost nothing. I think it is one of the things wrong today. Expertise is that you can Google a word or concept.

I will stick to the threads and try to work the workings of this site. It has been a while.

edit on 10-8-2017 by WelcomeToShow because: quotes don't look pretty

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I was being mostly sarcastic and am very tolerant when it comes to harmless discussion. My apologies if I sounded cold.

Your opinions here are shared by many. The field is difficult, of course. Things change as science progressives. I also share your opinion that there seems to be something of an agenda in the psyche field.

Your already chipping away towards your posting goal so just keep replying to people here, or other areas of interest. You've likely missed some posts you would have something to contribute to.

See you around the boards, best regards.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join