It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans would support postponing the 2020 election if Trump proposed it

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Amen to that. The idea of single party control is what scares me the most. Either side finds a way to take over completely and we are screwed.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

That's because both parties are already basically one anyway. They go about the day to day business in different ways and focus on different agendas but most of that is just to keep us all busy and thinking they're doing stuff.

But the real moves that are being made, the stuff that really matters always goes the same direction. The reason for that is because both sides are already in the pockets of the real rules of our world.

Giant Multinational Corps and Institutions like Banks. These entities have so much money and power that they are beyond any one government. They have bought up almost all governments and simply work from behind the curtains. They remain hidden through networks of red tape and lawyers and a million other systems and there is little we can do about it.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well when you ask a dumb question you tend to get a stupid answer. If I was asked being well a smart a** I'd have said the same thing. Any poll that asks this stupid question can't be taken seriously. They did the same during Obama trying to make democrats look insane. But most people know when they are being used and the answer is to totally screw up the results.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I think that is exaggerated to some extent, but I do think there is a lot of truth in that.

In the end, they do as we allow them to do. Our last stronghold is the fact that no government can stand up to a united populace. Enough buttons get pushed, it all comes tumbling down. The former Soviet Union was an example of both what single party rule can lead to and what happens when the citizens have had enough.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

You're right. It's not as neat and tidy as I make it out to be. But it's not far off.

Money does buy political favors. Those favors bring in profits for those who purchased them. Over time Organizations have purchased their way into very very good positions.

At the same time individuals have very little power on their own. It takes a massive majority to shake the pillars of power, but it can be done but also comes with problems as well.

Politically speaking though, there seems to be a hidden hand which has been running things since after WWII but has gone nameless. NeoLiberalism is one name I've heard for it but isn't used much because it's misunderstood. But basically it's pushed ideas from various known political ideals which have taken root.

It's what's happening now. Reducing the power of Government Control over Private Business but not Control over the populace. Remove Regulations on Private business completely. Push for Globalism and all open markets.

It's not Classical Liberalism nor is it Conservative. Sort of a mix of NeoCon and Radical Progressive and Libertarian. But only parts of them.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I am a conservative that votes republican. I would not be ok with suspending the election for the scenarios presented in the poll. I would be fine with an extended count to make sure that all votes came from legal US citizens

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

you republicans would have crucified The Big O if he had done it. Have the same dignity and not support ANY politician who tries to pull this kind of stunt.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Majority of Democrats want third term for Obama

To add a little historical context.

A strong majority of Democrats would cancel the 2016 presidential election between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump if it meant President Obama could serve another term, a new poll found.

Data provided to The Hill by the conservative polling outlet WPA Research found that 67 percent of Democrats would take a third term for Obama over a potential Clinton administration.

Only 28 percent said they’re ready to move on from the Obama White House, while 6 percent are undecided.

Oh come on now, that's just disingenuous...

There's a big difference between suspending elections and someone "somehow" managing to get elected for a third term.

That's a false equivalency fallacy ...

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: onthedownlow

What in the world makes you think he's even considering something this stupid?

As near as I can tell, this is a heavily biased poll that says Republicans--not Donald Trump--would support this utter and complete idiocy.

...and yes, I'd have crucified Obama for something of this sort. He's not the Big O, by the way...that will always be Oscar Robertson.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Look in that mirror. Look in it!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Majority of Democrats want third term for Obama

To add a little historical context.

A strong majority of Democrats would cancel the 2016 presidential election between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump if it meant President Obama could serve another term, a new poll found.

Data provided to The Hill by the conservative polling outlet WPA Research found that 67 percent of Democrats would take a third term for Obama over a potential Clinton administration.

Only 28 percent said they’re ready to move on from the Obama White House, while 6 percent are undecided.

Oh come on now, that's just disingenuous...

There's a big difference between suspending elections and someone "somehow" managing to get elected for a third term.

That's a false equivalency fallacy ...

What's your opinion on what the opening paragraph of that article says?

I'm not a Republican or Democrat by the way. Just pointing out the similar mentality.
edit on 8/11/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join