It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans would support postponing the 2020 election if Trump proposed it

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Wow, you're good!! I stand in awe of your talent!!

**whispers** Got any insight into the next SuperBowl?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: burdman30ott6

This I know. But I just noticed this is all over the interwebs...and you know there are spongeheads out there who are going to buy into this utter and complete load of tripe.

You can't fix stupid.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
does anyone else feel like another venezuela is about to happen to america really soon?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

No. No, I don't.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
does anyone else feel like another venezuela is about to happen to america really soon?

Lol, no and neither do you.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

LOL! Seriously? This is exactly the hyperbolic ridiculousness I was talking about a couple of posts ago.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

No, no you can't. You can only hope to mitigate the damage they do.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

I think the headline and the poll results are a bit misleading. The question being asked is TWO PARTS, but the headline only addresses the first part of the question. The question essentially asks would you support Trump postponing election IF it was to ensure election integrity. It doesn't just ask would you support postponing an election without any other qualifiers.

I can kind of see what you're getting at here but I'm not sure what makes having that 3rd question answered so very important though.

Is it just to know what the baseline would be for people who support postponing an election for no reason at all???

I mean it would give a more clear picture as to why they would support it, but I don't think it invalidates anything without that information.

I mean let's say it was like 5% but then jumped to 46% with Trump included. That would mean that normally they wouldn't support it but would if Trump proposed it.
Or if it was say 35% but jumped to 46% when asked by Trump then that would mean they already would support it to large degree but even more so when asked.

Personally I think that those numbers are already way too high as is. Postponing an election is something that should almost never happen. Certainly not just because a sitting President or the Party in Power suggests it. We have elections for a reason and it shouldn't be an easy thing to do to just postpone them. That is just opening the door for those in power to hold on to it forever. That's not how our system should ever work.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Almost never happen?

I can't think of an instance where it ever should happen. Ever.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Exactly.

Never is just so final and absolute I don't want to say never. I'm sure there might be some reason why that I'm just not able to think of off hand, which is why I didn't say never.

There are always exceptions to the rules.

But basically ya, it shouldn't ever happen at all and it's hard to believe that such a huge percentage of people think otherwise.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: Edumakated

I think the headline and the poll results are a bit misleading. The question being asked is TWO PARTS, but the headline only addresses the first part of the question. The question essentially asks would you support Trump postponing election IF it was to ensure election integrity. It doesn't just ask would you support postponing an election without any other qualifiers.

I can kind of see what you're getting at here but I'm not sure what makes having that 3rd question answered so very important though.

Is it just to know what the baseline would be for people who support postponing an election for no reason at all???

I mean it would give a more clear picture as to why they would support it, but I don't think it invalidates anything without that information.

I mean let's say it was like 5% but then jumped to 46% with Trump included. That would mean that normally they wouldn't support it but would if Trump proposed it.
Or if it was say 35% but jumped to 46% when asked by Trump then that would mean they already would support it to large degree but even more so when asked.

Personally I think that those numbers are already way too high as is. Postponing an election is something that should almost never happen. Certainly not just because a sitting President or the Party in Power suggests it. We have elections for a reason and it shouldn't be an easy thing to do to just postpone them. That is just opening the door for those in power to hold on to it forever. That's not how our system should ever work.

I don't disagree that postponing an election is a road we don't want to go down. However, that really isn't my issue.

My point was just the phrasing of the question with these polls is important. The respondents may not necessarily want to postpone an election, but might consider it under certain circumstances which is essentially what the question asked. They then attempt to phrase the results as if only the first part of the question mattered, so there is no context.

It is like this... if someone asked me "Are you in favor of abortion in cases of rape..." I answer, "yes" because I favor it in cases of rape. My yes does not necessarily mean I am in favor of ALL abortions. It is unfair to pollster to then claim, "Edumakated is in favor of abortion..." without mentioning the second part of the question that qualified my yes response.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Which "republicans" did they survey...were they even Republicans? How many were surveyed? So many variables. Or, many of them could be like me, when I get surveyed... I deliberately set out to skew it as much as I, by myself, can.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

a reply to: thesaneone

Wow, you're good!! I stand in awe of your talent!!

**whispers** Got any insight into the next SuperBowl?

Psst, bet it all on the Chicago Blitz, they will beat the New Jersey Generals by 3.

You will laugh at the owner of the generals but shouldn't be too surprised.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Of course there is always that issue with any poll. How accurately does the sample group represent the actual group in question.

I'm curious though also what the numbers would be for Dems. Although without Trump obviously.

I'm wondering if they used Obama or some other Dem. favorite what the numbers would be for the same or similar question.

Once again IMO it should be 0%. But I'm guessing it would be much higher than that. I would hope not as high as 46% but who knows.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Which "republicans" did they survey...were they even Republicans? How many were surveyed? So many variables. Or, many of them could be like me, when I get surveyed... I deliberately set out to skew it as much as I, by myself, can.

They didn't ask you? Um......they said the left out the "kind of loony ones". I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Whenever you have a poll like this asking very leading questions in order to elicit the desired response for the purposes of pushing an agenda, it shouldn't be taken seriously.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Majority of Democrats want third term for Obama

To add a little historical context.

A strong majority of Democrats would cancel the 2016 presidential election between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump if it meant President Obama could serve another term, a new poll found.

Data provided to The Hill by the conservative polling outlet WPA Research found that 67 percent of Democrats would take a third term for Obama over a potential Clinton administration.

Only 28 percent said they’re ready to move on from the Obama White House, while 6 percent are undecided.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Are you callin' me loony?

Or somewhat loony?

Should I be offended at the "somewhat"...?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
Postpone the 2020 election?

"In a new poll, half of Republicans say they would support postponing the 2020 election if Trump proposed it"

I know, I know...ANOTHER poll. This one is interesting because it isn't measuring "who likes who". RATHER, it's a substance/policy-type poll. For starters lets see the methodology:

I have to ask where is the "substance" in asking dumb questions that have no connection to real policy?

Im not a Republican but if I sat through a poll that asked this dumb questions I'd give a dumb answer just to prove the old adage correct.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Well that data is being provided by a conservative source so it's a bit questionable to how accurate that is going to be.

But even if it's close it wouldn't surprise me.

People need to realize that both the Dems and Repubs are nothing but ideological loyalists to their own parties and neither care about anything but winning anymore. No principles or integrity on either side. Just partisan squabbling and corruption on both sides.

Nobody cares about the rules anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join