It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans would support postponing the 2020 election if Trump proposed it

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It's complete BS. Wouldn't you need a constitutional amendment? No way could they get those numbers. We get this with every new prez. ~paranoia.

It could theoretically happen with, but if it did happen it would take something pretty monumental to trigger it and either Congress or, if Congress was incapcitated, the Joint Chiefs, would have to bless it. We'd be talking about something way bigger than this country has ever seen, though... certainly not something like illegals voting in the election. We'd have to be looking at major warfare on American land causing the Continuity of Government provisions to kick in.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

9 out of 10 people poled said it was painful and they wouldn't want to be poled again.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
40% of millenials want to see the 1st Amendment abolished.

Polls are fun. Especially if there's a sweaty girl dancing around one.

Other than that?

Not so much. . . . .

Got a LINK?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Sure.

Got a dollar?

I don't do requests for free.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: DBCowboy

9 out of 10 people poled said it was painful and they wouldn't want to be poled again.

It's social engineering.

People see polls as facts and not as trends and then respond according to perceived polls and not facts.

If polls were correct, Hillary would be president and we'd all be in camps.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
Postpone the 2020 election?

"In a new poll, half of Republicans say they would support postponing the 2020 election if Trump proposed it"

I know, I know...ANOTHER poll. This one is interesting because it isn't measuring "who likes who". RATHER, it's a substance/policy-type poll. For starters lets see the methodology:

The survey interviewed a sample of 1,325 Americans from June 5 through 20. Respondents were recruited from the Qualtrics online panel who had previously reported identifying with or leaning toward one of the two major parties. We focus on the 650 respondents who identify with or lean toward the Republican Party. The sample has been weighted to match the population in terms of sex, age, race and education.

So, half of the respondents were "Republican" or "lean Republican". A preliminary set of questions came FIRST:

After a series of initial questions, respondents were asked whether Trump won the popular vote, whether millions of illegal immigrants voted, and how often voter fraud occurs. These questions evoke arguments frequently made by Trump and others about the integrity of the 2016 election.

Now to the meat of this poll:

Then the survey asked two questions about postponing the 2020 election.

If Donald Trump were to say that the 2020 presidential election should be postponed until the country can make sure that only eligible American citizens can vote, would you support or oppose postponing the election?

What if both Donald Trump and Republicans in Congress were to say that the 2020 presidential election should be postponed until the country can make sure that only eligible American citizens can vote? Would you support or oppose postponing the election?

Roughly half of Republicans believe Trump won the popular vote — and would support postponing the 2020 election.

Based on what I've SEEN here on ATS, that really isn't that surprising. It certainly SEEMS to fit with what I've personally witnessed in numerous discussions.

The findings seem to match and corroborate other polls...

Nearly half of Republicans (47 percent) believe that Trump won the popular vote, which is similar to this finding. Larger fractions believe that millions of illegal immigrants voted (68 percent) and that voter fraud happens somewhat or very often (73 percent). Again, this is similar to previous polls.

What I think is eye-opening is the following finding:

Moreover, 52 percent said that they would support postponing the 2020 election, and 56 percent said they would do so if both Trump and Republicans in Congress were behind this.

I can remember seeing TONS and TONS of Facebook/Twitter posts about Obama not stepping down. And there was even topics on ATS during the "Jade Helm" deal in TX that prompted many to ALSO worry about that.

It bothered Republicans and Conservatives when Obama was president that he wouldn't leave office.

But when it is their own party leader? It seems Republicans are a bit....more agreeable?

At a minimum, they show that a substantial number of Republicans are amenable to violations of democratic norms that are more flagrant than what is typically proposed (or studied). And although the ensuing chaos could turn more Republicans against this kind of proposal, it is also conceivable that a high-stakes and polarized debate would do the exact opposite.

Link

How about YOU? How would ATS have responded to this poll? What are your thoughts about a suspension of the 2020 election, given the same questions that poll asked?

This seems like a perfect thread for the Mud Pit, as partisanship on this issue is no doubt HIGH!!

I think the headline and the poll results are a bit misleading. The question being asked is TWO PARTS, but the headline only addresses the first part of the question. The question essentially asks would you support Trump postponing election IF it was to ensure election integrity. It doesn't just ask would you support postponing an election without any other qualifiers.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Settle down now you might confuse those on the left with logic.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Thread title was CUT OFF.

This is why I included the entire article headline in the opening post.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Isn't this HOW countries get Dictators?

1. Invent crisis.

2. Postpone elections because of crisis.

3. Never allow elections again.

Castro for 32 YEARS...Putin for 18 YEARS...

And yet...somehow despite ALL the "manufactured crisis's" that Obama supposedly PUSHED...he left after his 2 terms were UP.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

1. Invent crisis.

And yet...somehow despite ALL the "manufactured crisis's" that Obama supposedly PUSHED...he left after his 2 terms were UP.

Just stop it already, you know it won't happen.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Same as Donald Trump will leave office after his 2 terms are up, despite the Chicken Littles clucking to the contrary.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Same as Donald Trump will leave office after his 2 terms are up, despite the Chicken Littles clucking to the contrary.

Let's see if he makes it through 1 term first.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

1. Invent crisis.

God DAMMIT!

Hey guys. . . . he's on to us!

crapcrapcrapcrapcrap!

Someone come up with another plan ASAP!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Lets see....since death of J F Kennedy (1963) to today.. .54 years running USA - breaking Castro's record.

54 years the same war mongering - MIC has been running the USA

Kennedy wanted metal based currency - suffered the same fate as Qhaddafi.

edit on 10-8-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
LOL ... "after Trump's two terms ..."

The Mud Pit ... always good for a laugh.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Pretty much.

Clinton is going to stay, declare martial law, and cancel the elections.

Bush (either one, or both) is going to stay, not only stay, but declare martial law, and cancel the elections.

Obama is going to stay, declare martial law, and, you guessed it, cancel the elections.

Why is it surprising that **gasp** Trump is going to do likewise...?

The utter and complete stupidity of this boggles my mind, and surely makes me wonder about the native intelligence of many of my fellow Americans...

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
The utter and complete stupidity of this boggles my mind, and surely makes me wonder about the native intelligence of many of my fellow Americans...

I don't think many Americans buy into these scare tactics, man. I just think by ATS' nature as a conspiracy board we attract a disproportionate amount of it.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Question for you...

Did elections get cancelled during the American Civil War--rather a crisis situation, wouldn't you say??

Did elections get cancelled during the Second, or even the First, World War?? Woops, another crisis.

First Tuesday of November, in years divisible by four, Presidents are elected/reelected. Elections to Congress are held every two years, all of the House since they serve two year terms, 1/3 of the Senate since they serve six year terms.

Civics 101, actually probably Basic Civics 77, or something of that nature.

Congress is the only elected body that can cancel/postpone elections. Not sure if an EO by the President can or not...but that would run into the little speed bump called constitutional muster which it wouldn't pass. Actually, neither would.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I predict the next potus gets accused of it to, no matter what party wins.

I seen it in my crystal ball.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

This I know. But I just noticed this is all over the interwebs...and you know there are spongeheads out there who are going to buy into this utter and complete load of tripe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join