It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans would support postponing the 2020 election if Trump proposed it

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
How many Russians were included in these polls ?

If an 8 year Administration couldn't stop the Russians, who can ?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

How about YOU? How would ATS have responded to this poll? What are your thoughts about a suspension of the 2020 election, given the same questions that poll asked?

Awesome. Lets put the corporate overlords fully in charge, without all this corruption, who needs elections or congress anymore? Illegal ATSliens!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
I can remember seeing TONS and TONS of Facebook/Twitter posts about Obama not stepping down. And there was even topics on ATS during the "Jade Helm" deal in TX that prompted many to ALSO worry about that.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.dailykos.com...
www.commondreams.org...
www.motherjones.com...

These leftovers are too salty.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

originally posted by: underwerks
Can't wait to see the same people who yelled about Emperor Obama not giving up the presidency try to defend this somehow.

Thats kinda what **I** wondered about.

I think they would argue "illegals" are WORSE than foreign election tampering.

Illegals are foreign election tampering by definition...

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

very well played sir!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Not buying that for a dollar. You don't screw with the vital parts of the system. Rep's would be totally against this. Poll? Pfft.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
This would have 1200 flags if a poll came out that said dems would support Obama delaying the 2016 election. WE faced Trump for effs sake, and I can promise there was never a poll that showed half of dems supported postponing anything.

Likely because nowhere near half of you, in your wildest nightmares, believed Donald J Trump was going to win the presidency. Had that been known beforehand, I'm fairly sure the sensitive little darlings crying out as if in physical pain when election night went the way it had would have jumped on board an idea like this to keep Trump out.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
As stated above, fix the problem before its time.
They have plenty of time to come up with something for this problem....well they had 8 years to come up with a heathcare solution but didn't so they will probably drag their feet again on this too.

Easy fix would be show ID and proof of citizenship.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It's pretty obvious that 50 percent of each base mindlessly repeat the scripts of their party on a daily basis.

So not surprised. The truly interesting question is when is the cutoff. What act is too crazy even for a mindless zombie.

Like only 5 percent would give both kidneys or 2 percent try and listen to the other side and compromise.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

To be fair Burd, a lot of Rep's jumped on the Trump wagon once he got the nod. A helluva lot didn't want him.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

This is the earliest in an election cycle I've seen the "XYZ will cancel elections" fear mongering nonsense appear. I wonder if this early onset fear mongering BS this time is going to be a part of the Dem's 2018 strategy to gain seats in the midterms? "OMG, did you hear Trump and the GOP Congress are gonna cancel the elections in 2020? Vote for me, Maxine Waters, and we'll make sure it doesn't happen!"

Jesus Christ it's like dealing with toddlers that refuse to sleep because the monsters under their bed scare them.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

To be fair Burd, a lot of Rep's jumped on the Trump wagon once he got the nod. A helluva lot didn't want him.

Can't disagree. That said, you know I wasn't one of those. I was actually one of the few who not only supported him, but stated he would win the whole thing.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

It's complete BS. Wouldn't you need a constitutional amendment? No way could they get those numbers. We get this with every new prez. ~paranoia.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: intrepid

This is the earliest in an election cycle I've seen the "XYZ will cancel elections" fear mongering nonsense appear. I wonder if this early onset fear mongering BS this time is going to be a part of the Dem's 2018 strategy to gain seats in the midterms? "OMG, did you hear Trump and the GOP Congress are gonna cancel the elections in 2020? Vote for me, Maxine Waters, and we'll make sure it doesn't happen!"

Jesus Christ it's like dealing with toddlers that refuse to sleep because the monsters under their bed scare them.

Pretty sure you could 50 percent of Republicans or democrats would do what their leader tells them like hit themselves with a hammer it would be accurate.

50 percent of Registered republicans is a small percentage of the population. Same as 50 percent of Democrats. 45 percent of the voting age public even votes so the whole thing is silly of you ask me.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Oh ATS. If a YouTube video gets posted by someone known for selective editing showing a few people on the Left saying stupid things it's proof that all Democrats are idiots. But if a poll gets posted with a few hundred Republicans agreeing with ridiculousness it is not indicative of anything and the poll is probably fake anyway.

Never change Trumpeteers.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
New president same old rumor.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

I've said from the beginning if there was ever a President that would make himself Emperor of The United States it was Trump. Half of that is his personality and the other half is the personality of his supporters. Trump sees himself as a Little God on the face of this earth and his followers desperately need one to worship and tell them what to do.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

That could also be said of the last guy and the guy before him and most likely be said about the next, this thread was only created to try and get the left to star and flag the op.

Do "YOU" underSTAND?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
40% of millenials want to see the 1st Amendment abolished.

Polls are fun. Especially if there's a sweaty girl dancing around one.

Other than that?

Not so much. . . . .

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This must have been intentionally worded to achieve the desired result. I know many conservatives and NONE of them (myself included) would EVER support postponing a presidential election.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join