It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were a kid in the 80's, you probably played with some of these.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran

originally posted by: Mike Stivic
a reply to: SheopleNation

I totally remember that .I had some sort of safari set ,pick up truck and trailer also had a boat. The set came with cages for animals and a lion a giraffe and a few other beasts.. the toys scaled almost perfectly with my g.I. Joe's.

My favorite figures were :
Snake eyes.
Shipwreck.
Quickkick.
Wetsuit.
Steeler.
Rock n roll.
The baroness.
Flint.
Breaker and dialtone.
Airborne.
Raptor..cheesy but awesome crossover play with the safari set.
And my all time favorite figurine...
Outback the survivalist.

Favorite vehicles,
The catamaran I sent away for with upc points.
The silvermotorcycle. Also upc if I remember correctly.
The jetpack,launch pad.
The hovercraft.
The S.H.A.R.K.
The cobra hydrofoil.
The watermoccasin? Small green fan boat(cobra)
Those last four were great in the tub..I wish I had the aircraft carrier but I would have needed a pool..
And That Damn thing cross-country drove.

All time favorite vehicle...
The H.I.S.S. tank not because it was flashy .but I found out you could remove the turret and stash
*stuff*inside..That thing Sat on my desk in my room all through high school.....

Thanks for the awesome trip down memory lane OP.

Respectfully,
~meatheadomg I can't believe I forgot mutt and junkyard(his dog)

Nice list, and I would add - Mainframe, Shockwave, Tunnel Rat, Hit-N-Run, Crazylegs, and Outback.
Oh snap how could I forget Tunnel Rat!!
Crazy legs had awesome camo.

And I didn't forget Outback..he is my all time favorite figurine. So much versatility for my plotlines. I didn't always play war with them..a lot of my stories involved just being stranded in the wilderness and having to get out or deal with pop up adversaries in the woods.in these storylines there were no cobra or joes.. sometimes it could be two buddies going hunting and running afoul of escaped prisoners or bank robbers hiding out..or finding a family in dire straights and trying to help.

So yeah he was my go to all around main character lol..

I also forgot the mail in cobra commander with the hood.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

My brother played with GoBots and He Man figures! For me, go back even further.

i always liked these -

We played with paper dolls, too, Barbies, of course, jacks, jump ropes, pea shooters, etc!
edit on 14-8-2017 by LadyGreenEyes because: gremlins ate my "m"

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

When I grew up I had a stick and a old tire I would push around the yard

I thought you said that now that you've become an adult you would stop calling your little sister "old tire".

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

I did the same. I had storylines where I even used Chuckles (the guy with the Hawaiian shirt), investigating a murder. So versatile! What about Muskrat and Beachhead?!!

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Here is a great website with tons of Joe Information

Yojoe.com

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran

Here is a great website with tons of Joe Information

Yojoe.com

Beachhead !
Omg yes chuckles! He was always the dad of the rescued families..lol

I see those two and raise you a Lowlight and snowjob..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Were you as disappointed in the GIJoe movies as I was? I wanted to see more characters, in the uniforms that made them famous. I guess, if I was not a fan of GIJoe, the movies would have been great, but knowing what I know, they really let me down.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Speak no more of those atrocities..
The only movie I recognize is the serpentor animated movie..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I played most of these games! They are awesome. I keep some of these games for my kids. One of my fav games was Mario Bros.
edit on 7-9-2017 by alexgrin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Seeing as there are more JOE fans here, let me ask you guys about something. I have an extremely vivid memory from my early childhood, probably around 6-8 years old so 1986-1988. I was at the mall with my 2 friends and one of our parents, and there was a small spot set up in which you could enter and it was essentially a viewing room.

Once you were in the room and looking through the glass there were all of or most of the JOEs set up in action poses on cool looking terrain. A spot light would then shine on each individual figure and who ever controlled the light would then read the bio card for that character.

I have never met a single person that has seen anything like this. I asked one of those friends that I am certain was there and he says he only kind of remembers something like that. He may just be placating me I don't know. I could have completely imagined or dreamed this up, but I swear I didn't. I can still remember it and picture it in my head like it was yesterday, some 20 something years later. Any chance that rings a bell?

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Mask was a well made toy with lots of cool gadgets.

Those micro machines and muscle men are fairly expensive.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Well, I was born at the end of 90th, and I am a girl, but I had most of cars mentioned in the first post and soldiers and that blue-white thing (we called it a snake), so good toys are eternal.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
One of my favorites was the Playmobil "Wild West" range.

I saw they're still around, but they look a lot more streamlined nowadays.
I preferred the 80's figurines.

In a fit of nostalgia I unpacked them one night, and recreated the movie plot from The Return of a Man called Horse (1976).

But oh the terror!

Kitty was not impressed (I think I intruded on his lizard hunting-grounds), and he demolished my village.

Sometimes he's a very bad kitty!

edit on 21-1-2019 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Castle Grayskull!

(And Halfoldman.)

edit on 22-1-2019 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
OK, I must come clean.

When it came to Masters of the Universe figures, I pilfered a bit.
And I did some shady deals with other 8 year olds.

Eternia was indeed the center of my Universe.
edit on 22-1-2019 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Looking at myself, I could say the 43-year-old virgin.

But I know it's not true, because you don't catch HIV from the fresh air.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I was a kid in the 60's and early 70's. My dad was an officer in the merchant navy and whenever he came from the USA he brought me sme cool toys. I remember him giving me and my brother those thunerbird vehicles...the expensive big toys on batteries. Jesus... that were some toys to play with. I often wonder what ever happened with them because...I just do not know what happened with my favorite toys.

Then there were the construction kits.. Meccano, fisher technik... Are you guys familiar with fisher technik? Its german I think and they were so f**g great to play with. I kept them building blocks and whatever until my sister got a kid and gave them to him. With the condition to return them to me whenever he grew out of it or paid no interest in it. Then when the kid got 14 years I asked my sister what happened to the fisher technik I gave her. Then she said reluctantly...Ohhww... I threw them in the bin some years ago.

This was very painful because it is very expensive stuf and to this day you can buy those toys...even for grown men... to built computer steered projects..and what not.

To give an impression what you can do with Fishertechnik.. Very educational toys for (big) boys with a technical interest.

edit on 23/1/2019 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I remember having all that stuff in the 80's. Heman Thunder Cats MASK GI Joe Star Wars Transformers.

My biggest disapointment was I sent away for a GI Joe tank in the mail and I never got it. I paid for it with my Xmas money and waited months.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join