It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were a kid in the 80's, you probably played with some of these.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I had little green army guys, matchbox cars, dirt tracks in the sand, gasoline and firecrackers.

The good ole days ! Blowing stuff up and the parents didn't care as long as I came home with all my body parts.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Tekaran

LOL - S&F, there's a few flashbacks for me among that lot. Here is another 'toy' I had in the 80's, somehow remaining my favorite of all time...

That is more than toy if you know how to use it.
I've bagged many a bird, squirrel, and rabbit with that primitive tool.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
[pic]bp598cb1f0.jpg[/pic

My way of burning some character into toys.

G I joes
Stompers
Smurfs
HeMan

80s smart glass
Damn sure burn some character into a fire ant's ass.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
One of my earliest memories is getting this on my 4th birthday.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Tekaran, I feel your pain; you had no Star Wars toys...

I knew a boy who always cut the CUP from the GI Joe toys boxes his mom was buying him, and he would send it to the company saying there was stuff missing...
He had an impressive collection. One day he decided to throw it all in the garbage, just because. I asked him to give them to me instead, and his answer was he would sell them to me or destroy them to prevent me from getting the toys from the garbage bag...

Aside from Star Wars toys, I also got some Buck Rogers, like in the pic below. I was, and still am, impressed by the intelligence of the design. You could give the characters about any positions, which allowed for hours of memorable dramatic action.

Also, my parents, one year, instead of expending my Star Wars collection, bought me Micronauts, and I knew nothing about them. The versatility of the vehicles was nice. I ended playing a lot with them.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I had cooler toys...

Bwahhahaha those were fun toys indeed.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Now a collectors item that sells for $300 on ebay.
edit on 11-8-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Ah, the joys of childhood.

I remember having a suitcase full of hot wheels, Meccano sets, rubber band guns...In fact I nearly fell over when I saw a rubber band tommy gun at a stall at a local market, I couldn't help myself so I bought it for five bucks.

I still run around with nerf guns making pew pew sounds, sure it sounds childish but releasing your inner child reduces stress. It's Nerf or nothin' lol.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: NowanKenubi
Tekaran, I feel your pain; you had no Star Wars toys...

I had a couple. But back then, space was not too much my thing. Plus, I hated the fact that the arms didn't move good. Everyone was stiff. The vehicles were amazing though.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

LOL - S&F, there's a few flashbacks for me among that lot. Here is another 'toy' I had in the 80's, somehow remaining my favorite of all time...

Damn rich kids, all we had was a rubber band and some paper wasps, I remember when our art teacher left class for a toilet break we would flip over tables and all hell would break loose, and some genius figured out if you dipped the tip of a paper wasp in water it would sting more. Dammit subs you make me miss high school!

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Dang OP your parents loved you. We played alot of kick the can and hide and seek.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Lifelong Star Wars fan...

However when GI Joe came out with swivel arm battle grip... it was Yo Joe from then on for me!

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Thank you for the jolt of nostalgia!

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

cracker jacks used to have cool toys inside. one of my favorites was the magnifying glass.

even the gumball machines at the entrance of the grocery store were cooler. one time i got a functional lighter out of one of the .25 cent gumball machines. i was totally stoked. unfortunately my parents weren't that cool with me having a lighter. :-(

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Battle Beasts, been trying to remember what they were called for years. Yes, had the Garbage Pail Kids too
Thanks.

We still play this:

edit on 11-8-2017 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Ninja & Zartan were two of my favorite GI Joe figures. I had the GI Joe Military base with the jail cell, a lot hours playing with that.

Anybody remember The Adventure People figures? That may have been the 70's. I remember having the Van with the whitewater kayak and dirt bike.

Very good memories. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

We used to make Molotov cocktails out of xmas bulbs.

As a child, I made cocktails out of vodka.

We couldn't afford vodka so we had the next best thing...........gasoline.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Wow man, that one is a blast from the past.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Ahh yes.. born in Dec '78.. let reminise of the past while these #s are trying to drag us though another decade of wars because it'll make it all better. " yes it was fun mommy! let's do it again"!! smfh..

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
If you were a kid in the 80's, you probably played with some of these.

Aw the 80s.

Who can forget Gi Joe with the kung fu grip and metal bands, and bad hair, parachute pants.

Cough Imitating * Michael Jackson.

I wish I could forget the 80s.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join