It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran arrests six young people for dancing Zumba

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

People attempting to legislate some form of "morality".

Though with even a modicum of thought, these laws stand revealed as the stupidity they are. Irregardless of the religion of the makers. Not one of these laws in the United States, or Europe, for that matter I'm fairly sure, were put in place by the "Evul Muslims".

Frankly, I'm past the point of being tired of the asinine broad brush stroke stereotyping of entire religions for the actions of some of them. Past tired and right on into pissin' me off--and I'm to the point where I'm going to stop being all that nice about voicing my opinion, and I'm going to start calling it what it is--religious bigotry. Muslim, Catholic, Buddhist, Christian, Agnostic/Atheist, the flying spaghetti monsterists--blanket statements condemning all for the actions of a minority will receive cold welcome from me.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxMech

How and why should this be any more newsworthy than arresting Americans for dancing in a national monument like they did a while back?

That did not attract international news worthiness so why should this event??

Might it be that anything that portrays Iran in a bad light is newsworthy whereas anything that smacks of 'police state' in the US is not permitted to be reported internationally?

You know, I just cant think of a reason why that ought not be reported, strange that.

<< 1   >>

join