It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart's 'Back-to-school' Gun Display

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Wal-Mart gets promotional material delivered to their stores to hang with the season.
Back to school is just another season.

Somebody at that particular store probably just stuck a new sign in the holder without thinking about what they were doing or were just screwing around.

I work at wally world and that is usually what happens.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Yea, if you're in Cali, and you're a guy, wear a dress and a wig and you'll get a double "snowflake" discount!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
I actually had my hunting rifle in my back window gun rack during deer season all through high school. Parked in the parking lot and everything.... I only once had to speak with the school resource officer about it.

He only pulled me out of class one day because I left my back slide window open and he was afraid someone would steal my rilfe..

Times they are a changing...

This. I'm only 37 and was never hassled having my 30.06 in my backglass. Then again, its Arkansas. Having a daughter in school now, I understand schools banning all weapons from school property. I hate that it's come to this but I understand.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

@Walmart

Just to clarify, the manager at the location reported to us confirmed that no such sign is near this display. Again, so sorry. -Dean

At this point, it's not clear whether this was photoshopped, or a customer moved the sign, or an employee placed it, or what happened, but whatever the case, this is definitely an...

EPIC TROLL

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Wal-Mart gets promotional material delivered to their stores to hang with the season.
Back to school is just another season.

Somebody at that particular store probably just stuck a new sign in the holder without thinking about what they were doing or were just screwing around.

I work at wally world and that is usually what happens.

Agreed. Wal-Mart corporate decides what signage goes where. If it were meant to be displayed over the gun rack, we would be getting reports of this happening at every Wal-Mart that sells guns.

This is just a joke by an employee.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I'm pretty positive that this was an employee joke and not a mistake. Here's why.

Wal-Mart is divided into many different departments. Stationary (school supplies) being department number 3, and Sporting Goods (guns etc) being department number 9. All seasonal signage goes to the specific departments as necessary.

Even in the unlikely event that the sporting goods dept ended up with the wrong signage by accident, the department manager would find out immediately that the signage was wrong, because it would not match up with the specific sporting good's display MOD sheet (which all departments have) that evey department manager has to comply with.

Boring, I know, but this is most definitely a joke. I'm sure the employee was either fired or demoted by now.

edit on 10-8-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

I graduated high school in 07, in New Hampshire. I used to duck hint before school a lot. It was a pain to go from where I hunted all the way home to drop off my shotgun, so one day I asked the SRO. He told me "no bug deal, just as long as the car is locked, and I had a lock on the gun it's fine, even if it was visable, but to try to cover it up."
Can't imagine how that would play out now.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
I would say some practical joker moved that sign from the back-to-school department to the rifle/shotgun display case.

That was my first thought too.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep
I looked at the picture again, and I am not sure that the sign is actually pointing to the gun display.

If the sporting section is anything like in the store nearest me, it takes up a tiny space, about 1/4 of an aisle. Behind the sign looks like there is a computer and some electronic devices or cameras.

Depending on the angle and the perspective from where this picture was taken. The sign may not have been actually over the gun display.

In other words, yeah, it is was supposed to be a joke. Someone took the picture and placed on Reddit because they thought is was funny, and it may have been too, if it weren't for people that didn't see it quite from the right perspective.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

You can clearly see the wooden display behind the sign. It was placed there on purpose, but it didn't belong there.

It's not a camera trick or illusion. The stationary department is no-where near sporting goods, not at any Wal-Mart I've been in, anyway.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Yea after some more thought, the most plausible explanation was this was just an act of trolling..

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well actually that 7-11 store by my high school had stacks as big as trucks of boxs of ammo.....at 7-11

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I just noticed, if you look at the photo closely, look all the way to the right, about halfway down:

You see the exact same sign over some rugs.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Ha! Well the sign appears to have a similar pattern (which is common, and themes like "like a hero"), but it's way too blurry to say it's the exact sign. That said, the sign (if it's the one we are talking about) doesn't belong in domestics any more than it belongs on a sporting goods gun rack. Lol.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Good observation.. so maybe there are just a bunch of signs everywhere that nobody pays attention to and some troll decided to have some fun. Or possibly just an honest mistake.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

After further examination of the sign in the background, over the rugs, it does not appear to me at least, that the upper text matches the same pattern as the sign over the gun case. It does however appear that Wal-Mart has chosen " like a hero" to be a running theme during this particular season.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Yah, my wife who works for Walmart said she wouldn't be surprised if the store associates just plastered the signs everywhere.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Play with toys like a hero!

Clean your kitchen like a hero!

Buy this brand new TV like a hero!

Buy some of this lettuce like a hero!

Marketing geniuses..

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Someone with a sense of humor and doesn't give a crap about their job.
I say good shot.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros

originally posted by: GuidedKill
I actually had my hunting rifle in my back window gun rack during deer season all through high school. Parked in the parking lot and everything.... I only once had to speak with the school resource officer about it.

He only pulled me out of class one day because I left my back slide window open and he was afraid someone would steal my rilfe..

Times they are a changing...

This. I'm only 37 and was never hassled having my 30.06 in my backglass. Then again, its Arkansas. Having a daughter in school now, I understand schools banning all weapons from school property. I hate that it's come to this but I understand.

36 here, lived within 10 miles of Sacramento in High School. Riffles in trucks were common at my school. I know we had an Archery elective as well.
I don't understand why it's come to no weapons on campus.
Seems to me schools were a bit safer before they were fenced in like prisons and allowed personal firearms to be on campus in student's vehicles.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join