It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart's 'Back-to-school' Gun Display

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

how the hell does Walmart not notice this right away?

You answered your own question:

Because...Walmart lol.

On Reddit, commentators speculated whether the sign had been placed on top of the weapons cabinet by a member of staff or a customer, and done so on purpose or by accident.

Seems the most likely scenario.

The article doesn't say where this Wally is, though, but Wapo says it seems to be in Evansville, Indiana.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
a reply to: GuidedKill

You win.

What do I win???

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Proud to say I live in the center of redneck country, and no one here would have batted an eye at that display. Guns don't trigger images of shooting up schools in our minds.

Grew up with guns and have been around them all my life. My dad gave me my first shooting lesson when I was eight years old. First thing you were taught is to respect the weapon, the aiming and firing comes after leaning to respect it and care for it.

Guns are as much a part of American as apple pie. The problem in America is not too many guns, it is the loss of respect for everything. The solution to the problem is the reestablishment of respect for country and neighbor, but that comes after we have reestablished respect for self.

edit on 10-8-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The rifle comes with a free box of ammunition for every "A" on last year's report card.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
The rifle comes with a free box of ammunition for every "A" on last year's report card.

My dad actually bought me my dream hunting rifle when I turned 11 for good grades the school year earlier...

Browning gold trigger BLR .308. I still have an hunt with that rifle 30 years later.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

For that kind of deal I'd revert to childhood.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I'm pretty darn liberal...

BUT...I think it's pretty obvious that SOMEONE dragged that from another part of the store and falsely placed it.

If you LOOK at the display BEHIND the other one...it doesn't have the same signage on top in the same spot.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Well I guess demographics and culture will play a significant role in whether you find this offensive or not.. and maybe your snowflake level.

Being from the city, I don't really find this offensive, maybe just a little distasteful because of the uncanny coincidences.

Be a hero now!!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Walmart hires lots of legal Russian immigrants !!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Nice.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

You know this "I find it offensive" excuse, followed by law suits and demands is getting to be ridiculous. I am an old fart but my parents had a very effective way of handling our whining about not liking something.

Me: "That is disgusting!" My parents:"Good, don't eat it."

Me:"I don't like that." My parents:"Good, don't wear it."

Me:"That makes me sick." My parents:"Good, don't look at it."

Me:"I don't like her." My parents:"Good, stay away from her."

My parents said how we feel is a choice. You don't like something, good, you made a choice, now live with it or change how you feel about it. Changing how you see things or accepting that you see things differently than others is the most effective way to deal with our "feelings".

Trying to force others to change based on our "feelings" is a sure way of destroying any relationship, or society.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

That sounds exactly like my parents too..

And I totally agree, being a (for a lack of a better word) snowflake is definitely a choice. Way too many people are caught up in their feelings and allow their emotions to dictate everything.

edit on 10-8-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

The sign is clearly sending the wrong message. By age 3, some children have already become radicalized. Muslim jihadists are simply to distract us from this growing epidemic.

edit on 10-8-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Nope. We're here in South Carolina

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I was thinking they were for protection in case of a school shooting or something along those lines.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

So now guns and the word school can't even be in view at the same time without some people's brains exploding. Of all the places this image could've taken their thoughts, they had to go there.

I would've thought something about protecting people. Because that's what heroes do right? Some schools have shooting clubs.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
so brilliant

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
I actually had my hunting rifle in my back window gun rack during deer season all through high school. Parked in the parking lot and everything.... I only once had to speak with the school resource officer about it.

He only pulled me out of class one day because I left my back slide window open and he was afraid someone would steal my rilfe..

Times they are a changing...

it was this way for me too. usually fridays when my friend would go to the mountains right after school.
it wasn't uncommon to walk to my friend's truck during recess to check out the gun he as going to use for his hunting trip.

last i heard my friend became a park ranger. he knows those mountains better than i know the streets of my hometown.

times they are definitely changing.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
the sign was obviously lifted off of another display. Probably some Marvel branded school supplies.

Probably by some cuck SJW who wanted to post it on the internet to get feminists to like his facebook page.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join