It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart's 'Back-to-school' Gun Display

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Link

Just like a hero..

US retailer Walmart has apologised after a picture emerged of a gun cabinet in one of its stores beneath a sign reading "own the school year like a hero".

The retailer tweeted the display was"horrible" and "truly awful," and said it would investigate how it came to be.

The image has been widely shared on Reddit and Twitter, with many users questioning how it had happened.

In recent years, the US has seen a number of deadly school shootings.

Nice one Walmart.. I don't know if this was a practical joke or an honest mistake, but how the hell does Walmart not notice this right away? I don't think any laws were being broken, but if this was just a really dumb joke, whoever is responsible for it should be fired.. right?

Not sure if I'm laughing or shaking my head..

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Because. Merica.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

shotguns and bolt action rifles aren't the cool weapons of choice for school shootings. They need a nice "Assault Weapon" display, with some misinformation about full auto, or machine guns, to really get folks in a tizzy.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
They used to do that in Mothercare when I was a kid.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I actually had my hunting rifle in my back window gun rack during deer season all through high school. Parked in the parking lot and everything.... I only once had to speak with the school resource officer about it.

He only pulled me out of class one day because I left my back slide window open and he was afraid someone would steal my rilfe..

Times they are a changing...

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
My! Someone wasn't thinking. I worked retail for a while and used to set floor displays at a big box. It's a cinch someone either got very confused or didn't question what they though they were seeing.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
Link

Just like a hero..

US retailer Walmart has apologised after a picture emerged of a gun cabinet in one of its stores beneath a sign reading "own the school year like a hero".

The retailer tweeted the display was"horrible" and "truly awful," and said it would investigate how it came to be.

The image has been widely shared on Reddit and Twitter, with many users questioning how it had happened.

Nice one Walmart.. I don't know if this was a practical joke or an honest mistake, but how the hell does Walmart not notice this right away? I don't think any laws were being broken, but if this was just a really dumb joke, whoever is responsible for it should be fired.. right?

Wow! Thanks for the heads up! Heading to Walmart, .....

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Right!! Wonder if I can get mine tax free!!!

link   

Wear school uniform and get a discount.

link   
Wal-Mart gets promotional material delivered to their stores to hang with the season.
Back to school is just another season.

Somebody at that particular store probably just stuck a new sign in the holder without thinking about what they were doing or were just screwing around.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Wal-Mart gets promotional material delivered to their stores to hang with the season.
Back to school is just another season.

Somebody at that particular store probably just stuck a new sign in the holder without thinking about what they were doing or were just screwing around.

Well that's just plain old false advertising!! I was hoping to get mine engraved with Panther Pride!! Maybe my jersey number painited on the stock!!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
Link

Just like a hero..

The vast majority of Wal-Mart customers live in rural/exurban areas where hunting is a normal past time. There is nothing out of the ordinary about this except for the fact that the urban Reddit and NYTs folks are so disconnected from the rest of the country that they think this is scandalous.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well, atleast the sign is cool..

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Guns, schools, as if it's a conspiracy to make people think that guns and schools go hand in hand
It's walmart, who would have thunk it

Here are gunsmith we are linking them with schools, think about it

Guns are bad

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
sigh.

My 14 year old son just got his deer tags for the season, 8 does and 3 bucks. Deer hunting season is during the first part of the school year year.

I swear....society has become such pansies to the point if a person coughs in public people will jump up screaming how offended/scared/oppressed/insert something else here.
edit on 8/10/2017 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

Wear school uniform and get a discount.

Love it..

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I would say some practical joker moved that sign from the back-to-school department to the rifle/shotgun display case.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
sigh.

My 14 year old son just got his deer tags for the season, 8 does and 3 bucks. Deer hunting season is during the first part of the school year year.

I swear....society has become such pansies to the point if a person coughs in public people will jump up screaming how offended/scared/oppressed/insert something else here.

Judging by your tag limits you must be in TX.....I hope your son bags a champion B&C buck!!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

You win.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join