It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea - What Would You Do?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
There comes a time, when all diplomatic solutions have failed and action must be taken. The lives and needs of few are weighed against the lives and needs of the rest of the world. If action isn't taken now, if NK is allowed to continue to expand it's nuclear and chemical weapons programs, when they do decide to use them many more people will die. The casualties will be great no matter how you look at it. It's better to put an end to this madman now and be done with it. People will die, whether it's now or 5 years from now. The only question is do you want 1,000,000 deaths or 20,000,000 deaths.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

I think its time for the U.N. to take its gloves off. A nuclear attack against ANY is a nuclear attack against ALL! So with these threats being made frequently against the U.S. Japan, etc....The U.N. needs to take action. Sanctions are not going to stop this mad man. I think a few sweeps with the strongest non-nuclear bombs over their military installations. With follow ups as they re-group should do the trick.

It funny the little man dismisses trump saying "fire and furry" as BS. For how many YEARS have we put up with his empty threats, that only just now he can follow through with. I don't doubt trump on this one, but I want the U.N. to take action WITH us, so that we don't look like war mongers. The U.S. acting alone would be insane.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Ummm...actually the food aid from the US was suspended due to the missile tests by North Korea in 2012...I didn't find any news about it's resumption...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Pre-emptive strike-simple as that.

Lil' kim might be bluffing as an attack on the west coast is far more less likely, but South Korea and Japan would be the more probable targets.

If Lil' kim goes through with the tests then strike when the iron is hot-Donald dumb@$$ dived into the deep end and after his Hollywood inspired 'fire and fury' speech and may have endangered other nations and so now he needs to make a choice-Calm the hell down or make precision strikes.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Interesting collection of responses. Thanks folks, interesting reading. Much appreciated.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
At any rate, I would sell my stock in Samsung

Just sayin

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I think the world sometimes to learn a few lessons on what happens when you do nothing. My vote is on the world doing nothing. Let Kim do what he pleases, if he nukes a country, oh well. Quite frankly Im tired of seeing the arrogance from these pacifist posters claiming doing nothing is the right choice regarding NK. War is evil etc. War is a part of human nature and sometimes necessary however never a good thing.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I mean I agree that something needs to be done, just I have no idea what that 'something' is...

Diplomacy and support for the people of North Korea with a tad of mockery for warmongers.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Nvm
edit on 10-8-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

NK its simple.

US makes rain tomahawks over all their sites at the same time. They won´t even react.

China invades and takes over the territory for 20 or 30 years. ...50 years?

Done.

Something Kim will not even be found among the wreckage.

(post by PublicOpinion removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

Quite frankly Im tired of seeing the arrogance from these pacifist posters claiming doing nothing is the right choice regarding NK

And I'm amused by warmongers going batsh!t crazy over nothing at all.
But... but... but the poor snowflakes are tired now, let's have a war then!

Im not the war monger but people cant see the obvious that Kim wont listen or negotiate despite everything the world has tried to do. Maybe the only thing he does understand is war. So be it.

I think we should let Kim do what he wants to prove to everyone here and the world that doing nothing is dangerous and is no better than the opposite of doing something.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The problem with sanctions and diplomacy are they don't work. We've been trying sanctions on NK for a very long time and they only serve to anger Kim. His people suffer the most because of them.

Diplomacy doesn't work with that despot because he cares about himself. He even had members of his own family murdered. He is evil, calculating and nuts. And cannot be reasoned with.

Imo the US should start by taking out Kim or capturing him alive so he could be tried for crimes against humanity.

We could EMP North Korea, but that would probably impact its neighbors.

We could nuke North Korea, but its neighbors would be affected.

If we wait to take military action - whether through diplomacy or sanctions - that only gives Kim more time to develop his wmd's.

If Kim gets wind of an impending assassination attempt or attack, he's likely to unleash all that he has on his neighbors first, then the US second.

We don't even know where he is. Like his father, Kim probably is in hiding or is about to be.

There are a variety of options from which to choose, but imo a military attack is the best one. There will be loss of life but it won't be nearly as high should we give Kim enough time to attack first.

This is a no-win situation no matter what we do.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Just as with a child throwing a tantrum I'd ignore him , by responding Trump is playing into his hands.
If NK do fire the missiles as they've suggested the US has enough hardware in the region to take them down.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

I think we should let Kim do what he wants to prove to everyone here and the world that doing nothing is dangerous and is no better than the opposite of doing something.

Yeah... cuz North Korea will raise hell and do what this great Empire of Chaos always does! Err...
At least we seem to agree on not doing anything stupid for now, only for different reasons.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I would take over copious amounts of rice wine and challenge Lil Kim to a drunk Karaoke battle....Best Billy Joel performance wins!!

Hope Lil Kim doesn't break out the Journey big guns!!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
First, let's assess some facts:

North Korea is absolutely no military threat to the United States. Remember, we have spent tens of trillions of dollars over the past five decades building a military designed to detect and intercept a nuclear first strike from first world powers like China and the Soviet Union. If some high ranking military officer told me that we couldn't intercept whatever North Korea had to throw at us, I'd be looking for a hell of a refund on the tax money we've paid for the military industrial complex over the years.

Back in the early '80s, we had an active sonar submarine detection net that could pinpoint any moving sub in the Atlantic. The only reason we found out about it was because the sonar frequencies it used were screwing up the whales. We most likely have a similar network operating in the Pacific now. Nothing made in North Korea, or probably anywhere else in the world, could get within 1000 miles of the United States without us knowing about it.

As for other countries like Japan and South Korea, well, mainly that's a United Nations problem, not a United States problem. Here's my suggestion for them: build you own military industrial complex. Those countries have become nice and prosperous making cell phones and cars to sell in the US, driving American manufacturers out of business, and counting on the US to spend our money and blood if they are attacked. Let them re-tool their industries to manufacture weapons, and we can re-tool ours to make cell phones, TVs, and cars to sell to them.

Kim Jung Un is a crazy man who just wants to nuke someone out of a sense of megalomania? I don't buy it. Right now, he has the best life he can possibly get. He has absolutely nothing to gain by attacking anyone, and everything to lose. If he is sane enough to form coherent sentences, he is sane enough to realize using his pitiful arsenal against another country will result in the destruction of his country and his own death. No one not drooling on their straight jacket is that crazy.

Last fact, anyone who has been paying attention over the past couple of decades knows what this is really about. Any country that does not have a Rothschild controlled central bank is "evil" and needs "regime change." Even if the US doesn't invade NK directly, even if they don't have a "revolution" by "moderate freedom fighters", somehow, some way, they will be forced to have a central bank.

--------

With that in mind, there are two options I would consider. We could do nothing. NK can't hurt the US. If they hurt someone else, that's the UN's fault. I would sit back and let the Rothchilds use someone else's blood and money to establish their bank in NK.

Alternatively, I might sell NK some Cold War surplus missiles and warheads. NK knows they are in the banker's crosshairs. The only reason NK would want nukes is the same reason as everyone else: countries with nukes don't get invaded. They would still be no threat to the US. Their threat level to any other country would not increase. And it would gum up the bankers long range plan for world slavery, if only for a little while. It would also create a little good will between the US and NK, which would make it easier to engage them diplomatically.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

"Do they?"

Apparently yea they do.

"How do you know?"

Same way the rest of us are informed by reading different News articles presented then drawing your own conclusions.

"Cos MSM or your countries leader said so?"

Those and others but how else would you have us gather information? As we are hardly privy to the complete inventory and/or arsenal of North Korea, or any other nation on the planet for that matter, including the USA.

End of the day its all just sheer speculation.

Where do you get you information from as i dont imagine you know Donald or Kim on a personal level?

Keep in mind the premise of the thread is "What would you do?", i'm more interested in how America will respond.

If i was somehow in charge of a US response to a nuclear launched missile from NK i would consider responding only with modern day conventional munitions as long as any missile was destroyed in flight.

No need to use a nuclear option where conventional cruise missile will more than suffice and end of the day the nation would appear to be the bigger Man.

Might be nice to once more perceive the USA a the champion of peace and democracy rather than the Policeman of the world.

edit on 10-8-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

How high up in the sky does North Korea extend? We could explode a conventional bomb (a MOAB?) above that height...maybe 60 miles over North Korea at night. That would get Kim's attention in a big way, wouldn't it?
edit on 8/10/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Apparently she 120,540 km², US is about 82 times larger than North Korea.
edit on 10-8-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join