It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good camera and equipment for ufo hunting?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Hello community, glad to be back, it's been too long. I would like to get some opinions about what camera and equipment would be good for ufo hunting. I have a good day job and I have enough money/credit to be able to splurge some on some equipment for sky watching and hopefully capturing something unexplainable. The number one complaint I always hear when people are critical of ufo recordings is the quality of the image...I would like to buy some equipment for specifically getting up close and detailed pics of things far away. I would like to keep this reasonable less than 3k, the cheaper the better, lol. I have not shopped for cameras in years, so I would love some recommendations on camera's and lens, etc to purchase for said purposes. Thanks for any and all recommendations.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: nitro67

Even an inexpensive camera on close out should help as long as it has a long image stabilized lens.

www.amazon.com...=pd_lpo_vtph_421_tr_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=8DKYT7X1JXC3 VMF7AS06

Of course in your price range you could get a much faster sensor for night photography and fast movers..

edit on 10-8-2017 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Based on the ufo photos I've seen you'll need a Shakey hand, high speed film, and some bathroom dark room magic

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

yeah yeah...waiting for that cliche remark. I've seen them, I know the history to this subject, they are real. I want to capture some good photographic evidence. If I get nothing, I won't mind. Keep sitting on the couch and keep your eyes to the ground and keep on spouting the party line of denial. I won't mind.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Check out this thread: arstechnica.com...

Nikon DSLR with sub-zero Peltier cooling: The astronomer’s camera of choice
Overclocking CPUs. Increasing image sensor sensitivity. Peltiers can do it all!

www.primalucelab.com...

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
archive.arstechnica.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I would like to get some opinions about what camera and equipment would be good for ufo hunting.

Dumb reason to buy an expensive camera.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: samkent

I would like to get some opinions about what camera and equipment would be good for ufo hunting.

Dumb reason to buy an expensive camera.

Just wow! And I suppose your favorite pastime is feeding the staving children of Somalia and curing cancer, huh? God I miss the old ATS.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
May i suggest that you hunt around on ebuye for an 'old skool' sony digital handycam (digital 8 tape) with nightshot or even SUPER nightshot. About $100-$200. Firewire .
Its the nightshot feature that should get you results, and bypass the pesky low level cloaking.
www.cnet.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: nitro67
a reply to: lordcomac

yeah yeah...waiting for that cliche remark. I've seen them, I know the history to this subject, they are real. I want to capture some good photographic evidence. If I get nothing, I won't mind. Keep sitting on the couch and keep your eyes to the ground and keep on spouting the party line of denial. I won't mind.

We use to par-tay on skyline and at the beach, all nightlong. Not every friday but usually, for several years. Also camped out with boy scouts, and spent years sleeping under the stars during 'outdoor' phases of my life.

In all that time I only ever saw one what I call 'thingy'. Happy hunting with your equipment. The best impression I have of these events is they decide who sees them and under what circumstances.

Photography is not allowed by them or the US gubment.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: nitro67
The number one complaint I always hear when people are critical of ufo recordings is the quality of the image...I would like to buy some equipment for specifically getting up close and detailed pics of things far away.
From what I've seen one of the most important pieces of equipment is a good tripod. I suppose a monopod might help in a pinch but a tripod is way better.

Beyond that the features to look for are good telephoto lens (some cameras have good zoom capability but don't count digital zoom, that's useless for UFOs), and good low light level capability, and there must be a capability for manual override on focus, which you can set to infinity manually. Too many cameras with auto-focus can't focus on small lights or objects and the photography ends up out of focus because auto-focus just can't deal with UFO photography. UFOs are almost always far enough away where a focus setting of infinity should work best, possibly slightly less if the UFO is really close and you have a very hi-power telephoto lens.

originally posted by: intrptr
Photography is not allowed by them or the US gubment.
Funny, we don't know what UFOs are but you know what they do or don't allow.

I was laughing at an episode of "Thunderbirds" which is an old puppet show where the characters use various aircraft, rockets and even a space ship to help rescue people and save lives. Then one man tried to take a picture of one of their ships and they almost killed the guy trying to confiscate his camera because they didn't allow photography. They should have a motto like "We'll save your life, unless you try to take a picture of our aircraft in which case we'll kill you".

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Funny, we don't know what UFOs are but you know what they do or don't allow.

I was laughing at an episode of "Thunderbirds" which is an old puppet show where the characters use various aircraft, rockets and even a space ship to help rescue people and save lives. Then one man tried to take a picture of one of their ships and they almost killed the guy trying to confiscate his camera because they didn't allow photography. They should have a motto like "We'll save your life, unless you try to take a picture of our aircraft in which case we'll kill you".

We know this thru the lack of imagery. It is quite impossible for that many sightings to occur without some bonafide imagery, stills or video, in the public realm. Yet there exists a vacuum of forensics.

One could say that thats because they don't exist and everyone that claims to have had such experiences is lying or hallucinating. If I had't seen one with a number of other people, I might be on the other side of the fence.
I wished I had a video camera the might i saw what I did. The color, maneuvers and overall experience, if captured on video would be the only record of its kind, anywhere.

Used to love Thunderbirds and Fireball XL5, too.

Imo, they set the parameters of events when they 'appear'. For instance, even if i had a camera that night I wouldn't have used it, I was drop jaw dumbfounded by it, standing transfixed by the experience, unable to break my gaze. You want my opinion, that was some sort of mind control, maybe like hypnosis or what people recount during dreams, being fixed, unable to move.

The gubment makes up for any other lack, confiscating cameras and imagery, often reported as well.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I do agree that the intelligences behind the ufos are quite aware of who is capable of seeing them and can choose to show themselves or not. I do not agree, however, with your remark that there is no good photographic evidence...I think there is a plethora of it. I do believe if one wants to see them, you have to be "sensitive" in other words, I do not believe what most people are seeing when claiming ufo sightings are aliens getting here from zeta reticuli by warping space time, I could be wrong, but what I think most people are seeing are something that has always belonged to our religious and metaphysical awareness....like what this guy sees

I know every single ufo footage is fiercely debated...but I do think there is something more than just a hoax afoot in the Turkey ufo video
which may just be zeta reticulans getting here by warping space time, lol.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Debunked, the first video is of balloons, probably downwind from some amusement park, time stamp on video is 11 am.

Kids buy balloons at (miles away) fun park, and let them go, all day long.

Small white speck over., always drifting with wind direction, at the speed of wind.

His name is Yaweh (Jesus), a self proclaimed 'prophet', has seen "1500" of these. Says a prayer, sure enough one, two show up as if on cue.

All he as to do is look in the right direction, spot one far off, then 'say a prayer' and wallah, there it is! PraiseJesus!

Photos are the most easily hoaxed. Ever seen this one?

edit on 10-8-2017 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
At the moment I'd have to say a Canon DSLR as they have some of (if not the) best autofocus that is available to the amateur at this time.Canon don't do 4K in any of the cropped sensor and entry level DSLRs,but they do have exceptionally good 1080P video and depending on which lens you get also image stabilisation.
A video tripod would be of more use for errrmmm... videoing as they have fluid damped .s making panning shots to follow moving objects steadier than using a photo tripod.

Also look at the newer Panasonic Lumix range such as the G85 or GH4 which both allow for in-lens and in-body image stabilisation,meaning that if you need to go hand held when a tripod isn't available it will give you usable images in low light.They are only let down by old technology slow auto focus,but do have some of the best 4K video recording available to amateurs in a DSLR camera.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Lame, did you work on project blue book? Lazy skeptics are the worst. I hate the word debunked. People use it with such authority. You haven't proven a thing. Just because something looks like something, doesn't make it what it is. Don't you think the newsman would have jumped to that conclusion? A balloon? Give me a break. You can reproduce almost anything and make a near identical version of it, doesn't mean that is what is in a given pic or vid. I can paint a horse white and black stripes, take a pic from far enough away and most people will think it is a zebra...does that make all zebras are painted horses? of course not.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
And thanks to the users who have chimed in with actual recommendations that I was looking for! Much appreciated and I will be looking into them all.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Simply amazing how you can do that. Snap your fingers, or have an impulsive thought and problem solved. No UFOs there or anywhere. And if you DO want to see one, simply look around the sky and you will find something that will pass as one.

Any arrogance that I display about UFOs comes from being an abductee in 1964 and witnessing a low-level, slow and noiseless triangle in 1998. What are your qualifications for being a debunker when the cardinal rule is that you can't prove a negative?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
There are plenty of good cameras out there. I think that the key, however, is to get out at night into some relatively deserted areas so the chances of running across something extraordinary will be greater. Out in a field, or a desert, or up into the woods.

It's not that there aren't perfectly good flying saucers zooming around over major cities, but they're hard to spot. Also, since real UFOs appear to possibly be manifestations of your consciousness interacting with reality potentialities (yeah, I know that doesn't make sense) it may help to get away from a lot of people just to let your consciousness loose without a lot of other people nearby squelching the interaction of your mind with the "supernatural."

My 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

You can reproduce almost anything and make a near identical version of it, doesn't mean that is what is in a given pic or vid.

Blah, blah... doesn't meant it isn't, either. That 'yaweh summons ufos' video is so obviously hoaxed, take the red pill next time.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Too many cameras with auto-focus can't focus on small lights or objects and the photography ends up out of focus because auto-focus just can't deal with UFO photography.

Almost all long lens auto-focus cameras have manual settings if you know for example an object is going to be in focus at infinity.

With a long lens camera you can actually stabilize the picture by keeping your arms in close and not fiddling with the lens. You just point the narrow focus beam on the "plane" you want in focus and hold the shutter button halfway till it beeps turn at the waist to reframe the shot and and take the picture.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join