It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing thread, staff please

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I'd like to know where an old thread went. Can't find it with any method currently.

Its title was "Who is Vladimir Putin" and was posted in politicians&people sub-forum. The thread was in accordance with all ATS rules and was visible for months after the posting. Now it's not!

Where it went???
edit on 10-8-2017 by Argentbenign because: spelling

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Argentbenign
Google gives that title to a video which was circulating a couple of years ago;
kitskinny.wordpress.com...
Hypothesis; a thread based on that video may have been deleted as a hoax?

edit on 10-8-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Thank you for the effort to find any clues. However, this video was not at all connected. There was very "neutral", "non sensationalist" and "investigative journalistic" approach in this thread. I can not imagine a reason why it could be dropped into the bin...

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Not really much to go on. Staff don't have any special search features... Do you have a more specific time-frame or an original author?

Did you reply to the thread?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Do you perhaps have a year/month/day?

I find "waybackmachine" very useful in these instances..

I already scanned a couple of months in 2017 for you but have not found your thread title..

Peace

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

a reply to: Gemwolf

Yes it was my thread. My second thread if I remember right. Today I went into my thread history to link it for reference in one discussion, and for big surprise... It was gone. I tried google the headline and my name but it did not worked. I tried the search engine and... Fail again.

Very strange, now all the Mandela effect freaks are gonna jump biting on me and scream: "You see, Argent, you see fool, we told you!"

However I still think that there should be a rational explanation. I'm not that old, I can remember my first few threads...

edit on 10-8-2017 by Argentbenign because: spelling

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
This is the only one you have about Putin.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: baddmove
Yeah, this one is still there, but is not "the one". The one I seek was essay on the geo-political position of Putin. Quite more deep and serious read. I used few references, but the thesis was mine. Very sad that it's gone, it was one of my good posts
Guess I'll have to live through it... Anyway nobody reads old threads on this site.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

First its your threads. Then its your school records. Then its your bank details.

Then.... its you!

Bwahahahaha.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

If it was your thread and if it was deleted (moved to the trash bin), you should've received a message about it when it was moved. Have you checked your messages?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Do you have a date/time-frame (even if it's more or less)?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

According to the other threads in that timeframe that I made, it should be between 1st-4th September 2016. Thanks!

edit on 11-8-2017 by Argentbenign because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I checked in the "Trash Bin" (where all deleted threads go) from August 2016 to end of September 2016, and it's not there. There is also no moderator discussion about deleting such a thread - no thread would ever be deleted without there being a record of it.

I also checked your profile on the Web Archive on 5 September 2016 ([SNIP] - See edit below) and it doesn't show under your threads there either.

I don't know what to tell you, but I cannot find any indication that the thread existed. Perhaps you posted it on a different website or didn't post it?

I'll go kick over a chair and knock over a vase in the mod forum, you know, harass some of the other mods and see if I can get any additional information out of them, but honestly I doubt there will be any other clues...

Edit: The Web Archive address above is too weird for the BB code to understand...
Go here:
web.archive.org...
Then Copy and paste this at the end of that:
www.abovetopsecret.com:80...
edit on 11/8/2017 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Thanks for the effort. I have no idea as well where it could go. It was definitely on this forum. The only thing that might explain it is that it has been deleted and I had long forgotten about it. Or... Mandela, haha

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I have went through everything from the time you joined until now and I found nothing.
I found all of your removed threads and the one you mention is nowhere to be found.

A few of us have looked and were unsuccessful.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Thanks a lot for your time. Don't know what to say or think... Either it's fault of the aliens or I'm going nuts, haha!

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I was following Living with Sasquatch for quite a while, that thread as well as the Op disappeared without a trace also......

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Argentbenign
Anyway nobody reads old threads on this site.

Au contraire, mon frère. ATS is a veritable goldmine. I'm in the archives all the time.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I took it a step further, I searched the internet for 2 days straight looking for any OTHER site he may have posted a "Who is Vladimir Putin' thread on and turned up exactly nothing....

Argent, I think you dreamt creating the thread lol

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

I'm as well perplexed. It would be my casual mistake if I was drunkard or drug addict, but heck, I don't do that more than once a year... The only real possability that comes to me is that the thread was 404ed by staff because of some marginal reason and I forgot, because it was long ago.
Crazy stuff...

<<   2 >>

join