It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How strongly are you held by your percieved reality?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
All BS aside?

Seriously

If someone/something was able to debunk your whole reality and or belief system all at once. How ready are you willing to accept if everything you've spent your whole life believing in came crumbling down both in Faith and Science how would you react?

Honest question

Any chance you would elaborate a little and give us all some clues to what has forced you to question your belief system ?

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

All BS aside?

Seriously

If someone/something was able to debunk your whole reality and or belief system all at once. How ready are you willing to accept if everything you've spent your whole life believing in came crumbling down both in Faith and Science how would you react?

Honest question

There would be laughter and awe.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

All BS aside?

Seriously

Honest question

I am fairly sure I would wonder if the new reality was really real too, or is it a construct of my mind or psyche (or others minds/psyches) playing tricks or switching from dimension to dimension. Ultimately, I can choose to walk away from any reality that others impose on me, or that I impose on myself, so where does that leave me...with choices.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Ultimately, I can choose to walk away from any reality that others impose on me, or that I impose on myself, so where does that leave me...with choices.

How can 'you' impose a reality on 'yourself'? How many of you are there?
What does the word 'reality' mean?

Santa Claus is real to a child until he finds that he is not real. Did the child have anything to do with the belief or the dissolving of the belief?
edit on 11-11-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
When was it first mentioned, anything about a viritual reality or reality behind ours? The first notion of virituality . Does the scriptures tell us of such or is it a new consept ?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: zerbot565

Corinthians 5New International Version (NIV)

Awaiting the New Body
5 For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. 2 Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, 3 because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked. 4 For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5 Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

6 Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. 7 For we live by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.

9 So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: InTheLight

Ultimately, I can choose to walk away from any reality that others impose on me, or that I impose on myself, so where does that leave me...with choices.

How can 'you' impose a reality on 'yourself'? How many of you are there?
What does the word 'reality' mean?

Santa Claus is real to a child until he finds that he is not real. Did the child have anything to do with the belief or the dissolving of the belief?

Imposing a believed reality on oneself is the same as making choices to believe what is real and not real within your sphere or existence or experiences...choices. Rather, how many realities are out there, is the question.

Reality means experience/believing in facts of choice.

The child had the choice to believe or disbelieve, in this case, the child did both depending on what the child chose to believe at different times.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   

All BS aside?

Seriously

Honest question

I have opened mny eyes to many things over the last few months. I see things differently now. Religion, sceince and people. I no longer feel the need to be a part of the group. It is scary seeing things in a new light. I am open to change. Living a lie for so long and then kicking down those walls I encourage.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Well im always trying to show how schizophrenia and its hallucinations are created by technology used by nazis. But their internet trolls just get on and tell me to see a nazi doctor.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I feel like thats what I'm sort of doing.

Hehehe. For the most part, reality can be understood through logic. It has left us a trail of signs, and instead of following those signs with alacrity, Humans are too damaged - too negative - too cynical. And why?

Unresolved Trauma

When you cannot think or speak, its because your left hemisphere is being inhibited by your right hemisphere. This is the basic dynamic of a traumatic-state-of-consciousness in neurological terms: its a profound asymmetry between the hemispheres, which in turn is a re-representation of an asymmetry between the mind (which is transfixed in a hypnotic state) and the body (which is dissociated from awareness).

All of this is explainable. Reality is explainable. Evolution is precisely the perspective that makes everything coherent. If you understand your organism to be a function of an evolutionary semiotic process, you're on the road to a deep, deep understanding of reality. it is the 'red pill' par excellence.

Now, since most people do not known reality for what it is, and certainly do not have any idea of how coherently its many levels interrelate, and so what role its consciousness plays in the process, what I am talking about may seem like I'm full of myself. I try not to set off that impression - but try to keep in mind that I'm human too! The contrast between the mainstream paradigm and the facts of how things actually work is traumatizing. It is traumatizing to believe one way, become emotionally invested in what that way affords you, and then learn that reality is far more real than I realized. We live as clichés - but not because we are clichés, but because we are being led by people who are existentially dissociated from the nature of being, and follow a philosophy that is dissociative and therefore misrepresents causation in reality.

In a certain sense, since these people - the "master class", are merely the offspring of generations who inherited a past dynamic - one can see this more as a "human affliction", rather than something those who consider themselves (and function as) elites inherently "are". Evil is not human, so much as an affliction of being in the wrong place at the wrong time i.e. giving expression to a particular potential way of being (relativism, nihilism, hedonism, romanticism, idealism, sadomasochism, cynicism) because this is what the context supports.

It's a great evil in my eyes to fall into the error of thinking that anybody is "evil". Every human being has self-states that express honest relations. That is, every state emerges because it is a necessary consequence of a coupling pre-determined by past couplings (i.e. this is what we mean by DNA and genes). This result happens because this is what my biology - my species form of making meaning - does to process events.

Humans are thus way too punishing to one another, all because they

Take Their Selves Too Seriously

If you know what you really are, why get caught up with what someone thinks about you? If you understand the psychodynamics of consciousness, someone who is being mean, rude, etc, is necessarily compensating for something they feel is "wrong". This is what Abraham Maslow called "deficiency cognition". The converse, and what I more or less think is the preferable way of being, is "being cognition". Its that core knowledge, or gnosis, of the "now" - of what is existing always as the necessary truth - which allows you to center yourself not merely to your external environment. No. You want to focus on the relationship between the outside and the inside, because:

Mental States Are Results of Inner-Outer Correlations

Knowing the now is not about indulging in positive experience. It is about NOT NEEDING to feel positive experiences. Do you get the distinction? Since being is by itself pleasurable, there does not need to be a reactionary level concern when a negative feeling arises, because first of all, negative feelings provide information about self i.e. "why am I feeling off? What's happening now? In the past (i.e. diet, sleep, medication, weather, etc)"?

Attuning to the actual cause of things is not a banal act; it is a metaphysical action which humans take far too glibly. When a negative experience occurs, the second thing you can do is remind yourself that "this will not last forever". This is the value of memory or "pretension" - projecting to a future time period. The facts of the body are simple: negative feelings represent "troughs" in the dynamical wave-processes within your system. Thus, its probably not a good idea to dysregulate your consciousness with words, ideas and beliefs which have no value in themselves, and merely work to fill your head with nonsense reasons which your narrative preoccupied consciousness takes far too seriously.

In other words, people have to be:

Psychologically Tougher.

This does not mean negative - or expressing your baggage on others. It means quite the opposite: being able to tolerate your own baggage, and realizing that your capacity to do so is symmetrical to the degree to which you attempt to help others with theirs.
edit on 27-11-2017 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

edit on 28-11-2017 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

Where do you want me to start? A very very Honest question
It's about that time where the fundamentals of reality belief and faith got a "little" shake.
Im struggling on how to break to some folk that they are not the Chosen and that they were created equal. Ideas welcomed on how im gonna drop that bombshell
But The truth has to come out sometime
Were transitioning into a new age, preserving the old ways from being abused, protecting the new.
The Village Green Preservation Society - great song
www.youtube.com...
The time of Light has begun
edit on 28-11-2017 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join