It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink bag corn nuts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Back in the early 90s there were some corn nuts in a pink bag in an onion flavor or sour n cream flavor. I remember buying them because they were good. I was in elementary and even the teachers would hold them for me when I would collect them. I have been trying to goolge them but no luck. I have asked friends and no one remembers. But i am 100% postive they were made.

Anyone remember them?? Or im just going crazy?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Brometheus

What the hell is a corn nut?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I don't remember a sour cream and onion flavor, but there are all sorts of different flavors of corn nuts, so it's quite possible they used to exist.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Early 90's? Probably not Corn Nuts as we know them then.

he most popular brand, CornNuts was owned by Holloway's original family company until the company was purchased by Nabisco[3] in 1998.[4] Cornnuts is a registered trademark of Kraft Foods.[5] It is available in five flavors: Original, BBQ (barbecue-flavored), Chile Picante con Limon, Ranch, and Jalapeño Cheddar.[6][/ex]
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

What the hell is a corn nut?

I remember corn nuts, they were actually pretty good but I haven't had them in a long time.
I don't know the ones in the pink bag though.
I will have to check for them next time I go to the grocery store.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Early 90's? Probably not Corn Nuts as we know them then.

he most popular brand, CornNuts was owned by Holloway's original family company until the company was purchased by Nabisco[3] in 1998.[4] Cornnuts is a registered trademark of Kraft Foods.[5] It is available in five flavors: Original, BBQ (barbecue-flavored), Chile Picante con Limon, Ranch, and Jalapeño Cheddar.[6][/ex]
en.wikipedia.org...

You beat me with the Wiki link lol
The Jalapeño Cheddar might be really good
edit on 10-8-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

In all my years I have never heard of nor seen any such thing. Is this a regional treat? I've lived my life in the Northeastern part of the US and am shocked to hear of such a thing.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Dont remember a pink bag. Corn nuts are rad though. Chili picante is what i always got.
edit on 8/10/2017 by Tundra because: Chili picante

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

In all my years I have never heard of nor seen any such thing. Is this a regional treat? I've lived my life in the Northeastern part of the US and am shocked to hear of such a thing.

Not sure if they are just regional, but they used to be here in Michigan. Maybe still are here, I just don't remember seeing them in stores recently but I am going to look for them tomorrow.
I have not had them in maybe 15-20 years.
They are all over on Amazon though.
edit on 10-8-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Never really cared much for corn nuts myself -- Preferred real nuts.

As for the pink bag variety that has apparently disappeared, maybe they were confiscated by Nelson Mandela, Dolly with the braces or the Berenstain Bears.
edit on 10-8-2017 by Monsieur Neary because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I've been munching on Corn Nuts for the last.... I don't know. Forever it feels like.

Pick up a bag. Not a chip, not a pretzel, a.... crunchy corn-heavy flavor which gives you INSANELY bad breath.

That's how you know they're good!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Maybe corn nuts were a Midwest regional. We have them in IL, wife is a yooper and they were over of her favorite snacks as a kid. I never cared for them, but I don't remember a pink bag.

I am a little confused by the part about your teachers holding them when you collected them?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Not to derail the corn nut thread but...
I stopped at Subway today and was looking at the potato chip selection and they had the 3 new Lay's chip flavors from the flavor contest.....crispy taco, everything bagel with cream cheese and fried green tomato.
I didn't get any because they are a ripoff there...like $1.75 for a small bag.
I am going to check those out at the store tomorrow too lol

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I grew up in Boston and they were present there way back in the 90's. I have since lived in CA, WA, MI, MN, OR and I have seen them in all of these states not to mention at various travel stops and gas stations across the United States so, going to say not regional. Duck into a 7-eleven or convenience store and you will most-likely see them.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I make them all the time at home. Call them "cancha". You can spice them at your will with garlic powder and stuff if you want. I like them plain, with salt. Very healthy.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Pink bag ?.... Maybe a breast cancer special or limited edition flavor , during October time frame .

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The Corn Nuts™ of today are NOT the Corn Nuts™ of before...

Here is a recipe for something that I guarantee You'll LOVE, is actually 'good' for You and starts out w/a pinkish hue..

Watermelon Jerky

www.instructables.com...

Bon Appetit

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Jalapeno Corn Nuts are the best.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

corn nuts are rampant in southeast Georgia where I'm at. They are the bomb

top topics

<<   2 >>

join