It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Poison Papers, Monsanto & EPA collusion

page: 1

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
So I was flicking through my usual news sources this morning and noticed a story about Monsanto getting pulled fairly rapidly. The following link is that story;

Scant oversight, corporate secrecy preceded U.S. weed killer crisis

And from the above source;

'JEOPARDIZE THE FEDERAL LABEL'

Monsanto employee Boyd Carey, an agronomist, laid out the company's rationale for blocking the independent research at a hearing of the Arkansas Plant Board's Pesticide Committee in the summer of 2016.

A meeting summary by the Arkansas Legislature's Joint Budget Committee described Carey’s testimony as follows: "Boyd Carey is on record on Aug. 8 stating that the University of Arkansas nor any other university was given the opportunity to test VaporGrip in fear that the results may jeopardize the federal label."

Bold text by me.

Again it's another shocking story about Monsanto, but really is anyone surprised? I suspect not many. Anyone disgusted, bloody heaps I'd imagine.

Scanning further through the search for this story I came across this website;

The Poison Papers

The “Poison Papers” represent a vast trove of rediscovered chemical industry and regulatory agency documents and correspondence stretching back to the 1920s. Taken as a whole, the papers show that both industry and regulators understood the extraordinary toxicity of many chemical products and worked together to conceal this information from the public and the press. These papers will transform our understanding of the hazards posed by certain chemicals on the market and the fraudulence of some of the regulatory processes relied upon to protect human health and the environment.

And from The Poison Papers

Chemical Lowlights — Some of what the Poison Papers Reveal:

Secrecy— They disclose EPA meeting minutes of a secret high level dioxins working group that admitted dioxins are extraordinarily poisonous chemicals. The internal minutes contradict the Agency’s longstanding refusal to regulate dioxins or set legal limits.

Collusion— They demonstrate EPA collusion with the pulp and paper industry to “suppress, modify, or delay” the results of the congressionally-mandated National Dioxin Study, which found high levels of dioxins in everyday products, such as baby diapers and coffee filters, as well as pulp and paper mill effluents.

Deception— They provide important new data on the infamous Industrial Bio-Test (IBT) scandal. By the late 1970s, it was known that more than 800 safety studies performed by IBT on 140 chemicals produced by 38 chemical manufacturers were nonexistent, fraudulent, or invalid. The Poison Papers, however, show that EPA and its Canadian counterpart, the Health Protection Branch (HPB), colluded with pesticide manufacturers, to keep invalidly registered products on the market and covered up problems with many IBT tests.

Cover-up— The papers also show that EPA staff had evidence that this IBT scandal involved more independent testing companies and more products than ever officially acknowledged.

Concealment— The papers show that EPA concealed and falsely discredited its own studies finding high levels of dioxin — 2,3,7,8-TCDD — in environmental samples and human breast milk following routine use of 2,4-D and 2,4,5-T (Agent Orange) by the federal Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management.

Intent— They show Monsanto chief medical officer George Roush admitted under oath to knowing that Monsanto studies into the health effects of dioxins on workers were written up untruthfully for the scientific literature such as to obscure health effects. These fraudulent studies were heavily relied upon by EPA to avoid regulating dioxin. They also were relied upon to defend manufacturers in lawsuits brought by veterans claiming damages from exposure to Agent Orange.

I've only just started going through this site, but from the outset can I just say, # me.

Considering the limited amount that I've covered from this site so far, I was really forced to re-visit the original story with this collusion in mind to see whether there were any pointers in that original story; and from said story;

In the end, the EPA approved the product without the added testing in September. It said it made its decision after reviewing company-supplied data, including some measuring volatility.

Anyway, if you want a documented conspiracy to wade through I suspect this is a big one considering there are about 20,000 Poison Papers.

I conducted a search didn't find this posted, so there you have it.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

I appreciate the post- even if it is old info at this time...

So much information. So much fraud exposed. So much evil exposed so long ago, yet it was not only ignored- it was hidden and obscured for marketing.

Makes me pine for wendover.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Thank you. Finally a perspective beside Global warming and Climate change. The real issue is toxins in the environment, not the weather.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
There's this woman who pretends she is a Indian from Massachusetts. Big supporter of Monsanto, took a lot of money and did a lot of favors. ARE YOU LISTENING MASSACHUSETTS VOTERS!!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The real issue is toxins in the environment, not the weather.

Considering some of what I've read today, I would absolutely agree with that statement.

The big question that needs to be answered is why are they still allowed to poison the planet ?. Shouldn't the US government be all over these pricks like a fat kid on a cup cake FFS. And to answer my own question, they are all over these pricks, it's just that they're actively assisting no stopping them. Sad times indeed.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

We never learn. Unchecked greed is bad for everyone. Oversight of toxic pollutants is one thing Gov't should do well as no one else could ever do the job. But it turns out the politicians are as greedy as the corporations. Guaranteed that when the lawsuits start to fly our darling representatives in DC will move to limit the damages, if not completely eliminate them, on Monsanto. This is a situation that will plague us for some time.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Agreed.

This is a situation that will plague us for some time.

Considering that some of the compounds never actually break down to become inert, I'd say that the timeline is indefinite.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
This event is very similar to the way Big Tobacco covered up its own knowledge of the health dangers of cigarette smoking. Big companies deceiving the public about very important issues.

A complete lack of meaningful government oversight.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

The big question that needs to be answered is why are they still allowed to poison the planet ?

Profit. The waste is invisible to the naked eye, connection to diseases from the toxins difficult to prove in a court of law.

Add attorneys and stir.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

connection to diseases from the toxins difficult to prove in a court of law

Yes, it was the connection co cancers and the like that really got my blood boiling over this.

One comment in one off the papers that I read actually noted that a clean up after a spill is based on cost not actual health protection.

Truly, people should be getting locked up for this kind of stuff.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I prefer tarring and feathering, driven out of town on a rail. Stocks, rotten tomatoes and eggs are a good second.

But youre right, they are immune, act with impunity. They have all the 'LAW'yers, Funds and Police on their side.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Monsanto Was Its Own Ghostwriter for Some Safety Reviews
Academic papers vindicating its Roundup herbicide were written with the help of its employees.

The correspondence shows the company's chief of regulatory science, William Heydens, and other Monsanto scientists were heavily involved in organizing, reviewing and edit drafts submitted by the outside experts. At one point, Heydens even vetoed explicit requests by some of the panelists to tone down what one of them wrote was the review's "inflammatory" criticisms of IARC.
www.bloomberg.com...

Nothing like writing your own product safety reviews.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Monsanto Was Its Own Ghostwriter for Some Safety Reviews Academic papers vindicating its Roundup herbicide were written with the help of its employees.

Yeah, I read that.

Truly and absolutely staggeringly ethically wrong.

But, as intrptr noted;

they are immune, act with impunity. They have all the 'LAW'yers, Funds and Police on their side.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Considering some of what I've read today, I would absolutely agree with that statement.

The big question that needs to be answered is why are they still allowed to poison the planet ?. Shouldn't the US government be all over these pricks like a fat kid on a cup cake FFS. And to answer my own question, they are all over these pricks, it's just that they're actively assisting no stopping them. Sad times indeed.

The answer to that big question: Just observe what is happening.

Who's really in charge?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Thank you. Finally a perspective beside Global warming and Climate change. The real issue is toxins in the environment, not the weather.

That is right, i have been saying this forever. I think i solidly proved my point with Phage and Krazy in my threads on this matter, but if my data was 100% right with 100% consensus from all Scientist they would disagree because it doesn't fit their narrative.

edit on 11-8-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

If you have read Ahn Rand's Atlas shrugged you may have seen how the elite SJW's are all about other things than real matters that concern the common man like poison in the water and air. They give lip service to it but really just to placate the concerned. The social issues outweigh the damage to individuals for our leaders is why the EPA looks the other way. I am not too happy with the EPA since before Obama and I make my living working beside them.

Too many of those in gov power positions like the EPA justify their jobs with BS they make the people put up with like being on board with the IPCC on the global warming hoax (flat earth style where we saw the consensus was 100% for a flat earth instead of round) while the organization as a whole is looking the other way at a lot of Chemicals in our environment that the big company's are using. Disgusting and may have a more nefarious reason that profit margins.

new topics

top topics

join