It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NK threatens Guam with a Nuke Strike.....Again

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Do you wait to get smashed, or all blame trump for throwing the first punch .

Feel sorry for trump really and you have real American heroes, cough cough McCain just waiting to pounce and rub his face in it .

I think America is going to have to strike first and shut him up .

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Any country that uses a nuke... and ESPECIALLY any country that uses a nuke first will suffer catastrophic non-military reprisals from the rest of the world. They will become a pariah. Some think that possibility is no big deal. It is. It's a very big deal and would have massive economic impact on the U.S. China alone could bankrupt the U.S. This 'game' is far more serious than most people understand. There are repercussions that extend well beyond trading smack or even nukes.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Isn't the scenario in the OP easily countered... just wait for another launch, cut it out of the sky, and light up everything that moves within fifty miles of the DMZ. Proof of launch cordinates wouldn't even be an issue, the threat to Guam is enough

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: onthedownlow

Not at all. In fact you make for a great example for why the OP is making a good point here.

You seem to be of the opinion that if NK does make another launch like the one they're talking about that it's justified for a full on strike by the US to hit NK. You're not alone in that opinion either. Others here have implied the same.

Yet many others here have also been saying that it's no big deal, that NK is just doing another test and it's perfectly normal.

But is it really as simple as either of those scenarios??? IMO no it's not.

On one hand we can't just nuke some country that isn't attacking us. Hitting the ocean 30km from Guam isn't an actual attack on us.

However, according to NK, it's supposed to be some form of a show of force against us and it is a threat. Which means we can't just sit back while some other nation is threatening us with an attack and shooting rockets near us either.

Anyone trying to act like this is nothing I think is just as incorrect as anyone trying to make this out to be a total act of war by NK. It's more of like some grey area in between the two.

NK isn't directly attacking us but is claiming to be and using that rhetoric as if it is an act of war. But that is also what NK is always doing when speaking about the US. In NK they have been using this narrative about the evil US as a way to control the populace there for a long time now. This is nothing new. Yet it keeps escalating more and more as time goes on and nothing is done about it.

It's a weird situation.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

Yes. Us striking first leads to WWIII with China and Mutually Assured Destruction. Them striking first leads to NK being turned into glass.

Your wrong. You need to learn more about our military and their capabilities.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: mOjOm
Will any be intercepted?

That's the question.

If the trajectory they announced is the one they go with, then yes, an intercept will be attempted on every single one.

The flight path crosses over Japan.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Yeah but at some serious height, although they could be programmed to cut engines and dive...

Shooting them down will escalate the situation.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
Shooting them down will escalate the situation.

I'm seriously wondering if Kim is trying to escalate the situation. Shooting down the missiles could be taken by NK as an act of war, justifying them launching an attack against South Korea. OTOH, a successful test (with missiles landing just off the coast of a US territory) will almost necessarily trigger some sort of military response by the US, which could in turn be used as a justification to attack South Korea.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Looks like this imminent launch at Guam has been postponed indefinitely.
www.reuters.com...

Now we can get back to REALLY IMPORTANT threats, like the massively destructive and disruptive hate group presence all across America!

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
As I thought. It's all a bluffing game. Kim knows that he is out numbered and the sanctions are going to bite even harder than ever on what is already a impoverished country. Nothing will happen unless the US decides to make the first move first to take of their ever growing threat which is one of many happening in the world right now.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
GUAM SAYS hold it down...people are trying to RELAX ,man.
DUMB Norks...

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: deviant300
As I thought. It's all a bluffing game. Kim knows that he is out numbered and the sanctions are going to bite even harder than ever on what is already a impoverished country. Nothing will happen unless the US decides to make the first move first to take of their ever growing threat which is one of many happening in the world right now.

You could feel how let down the war-loving MSM was tonight. WSJ and FOX reported that North Korea was backing down from his threat to launch at Guam.

CNN/NYT/WAPo/LATimes..didn't report it until 3 hours after the NK statement was issued. Those war-lovers were still preparing the world for an "imminent" launch at Guam...and citing all sorts of mysterious sources to support their hope and desire for war.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I hate to bring Trump into it (Trump Trump Trump) but at the end of the day it'll be his call, he is an egotistical man and I can't help but think he's being set up.

Either way it could end bad for him.

Say they're intercepted, as you said it could be seen as provocative and give the North reasoning to attack the south or US assets in the region whether they be military or civilian.

If they're not intercepted, Kim wins this round and Trump ends up with egg on his face, I doubt that'll happen.

There's a few wildcard scenarios I can think of too, one is that Kim fully expects these missiles to be intercepted and they have been "booby-trapped" with chemical weapons, I'm not sure on the science of this but let's say 100 or so pounds of VX nerve agent was released above Japan.

It's possible the North want them to shoot them down just to see how capable US missile defence measures are.

It's possible (though highly unlikely) that this is all just a show, North Korea gets to test the practicality of it's missiles and the US gets to realtime test it's defensive measures.

All bar the last one would have Trump written into the history books as possibly the worst president ever, allowing his ego to threaten and potentially destroy millions of lives.

Whatever happens, I don't think North Korea is stupid or crazy.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

You're right fella.

North Korea is already the pariah of the world atm, they could condemn themselves at any moment yet don't.

Whereas the US, the US couldn't hack the world turning its back upon it, all those military bases, all those investments, all those petrodollars...

It's lose/lose for the US really. North Korea eventually succeeds in perfecting missile technology, giving it a huge bargaining chip worldwide or it actually invades the South and US inaction causes the death of millions. Or the US strikes first, becomes the redundant pariah as you mention.

The ego of Trump really complicates this, he wants a legacy, if he isn't careful he'll have one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join