It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Threaten Gov’t Shutdown To Block Border Wall

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Trump can build that wall just as soon as that big fat check comes in from Mexico to pay for it like he promised it would.

Until then, I guess he shouldn't be making promises about stuff he can't deliver on or even pay for.

Nothing is stopping you from donating some of your spending money on it to help him out though. Send him a few bucks to help pay for it and I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I would much rather have them ALL hold their breath until they get what they want.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

"If the democrats succeed in shutting down the government, then they will have earned a small amount of respect from me."
-DBCowboy

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
So the Democrats are really for BIG, SHUT DOWN, Government.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Shutting down the government (which is a misnomer, it wouldn't all be shut down) would be one of the few good things Democrats have done in years.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Before, when republicans wanted a to shut down government, democrats cried that old people would starve and babies wouldn't get milk and people would die.

Wonder if the republicans will make the same boo-hoo. . . . . . effing hypocrites.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I didn't give a flying rat's ass when the Republicans did it either. Shut the # down. Life will go on. They're not a tenth as important as they deem themselves to be.
edit on 9-8-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Before, when republicans wanted a to shut down government, democrats cried that old people would starve and babies wouldn't get milk and people would die.

Wonder if the republicans will make the same boo-hoo. . . . . . effing hypocrites.

When the shutdown 'really' occurs ... you ain't collecting your pension anymore.

I wonder what the definition of hypocrite will be then.

edit on 982017 by Snarl because: autocorrect

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Nothing is stopping you from donating some of your spending money on it to help him out though. Send him a few bucks to help pay for it and I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

I would but the looney leftist fascists here in SF will blackball anyone working on or donating to the wall, as the looney left caters to illegals more than citizens.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
"Democrats Threaten Gov’t Shutdown To Block Border Wall"
Good. Shut that mf down.
Just be sure to dock their pay for days missed. I have no problem with out govt doing nothing. That's what I'd prefer.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I wonder when they'll realize their tactical blunder?

Do you think they'll get it when people like Rush Limbaugh start applauding them for it?

I really don't think they understand that government shutdowns mean no money being spent.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I really don't think they understand that government shutdowns mean no money being spent.

Do YOU really understand what that means?

It means that Paul Ryan is out of work (at least directly). That the country is not sinking deeper into the mire.

If they can't spend the money for new 'crap' ... the only thing they can do is pay down the ever-lovin' - you know what'in' damned debt.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

So don't tell anyone. Send it in anonymously. It's not like anyone has to know it was you or that you have to broadcast to everyone that you sent money in to help build it.

I didn't realize you lived in SF. Seems like an odd place to live if you hate the left so much. Isn't that like living in the belly of the beast???

You must hate waking up every morning.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

When the shutdown 'really' occurs ... you ain't collecting your pension anymore.

Not true.

Budgets were done the year prior.

They just DON'T cut the checks in order to make government a necessity.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Do YOU really understand what that means?

It means that Paul Ryan is out of work (at least directly). That the country is not sinking deeper into the mire.

If they can't spend the money for new 'crap' ... the only thing they can do is pay down the ever-lovin' - you know what'in' damned debt.

Hence why a shutdown would be cheered by the right side pundits pretty much no matter who did it.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I wonder when they'll realize their tactical blunder?

Do you think they'll get it when people like Rush Limbaugh start applauding them for it?

Unfortunately, this tactic WILL work.

Unlike the average republican voter, many republican congressmen like big government, and will, as always, cave in in some way.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Remember, Snake Plissken shut down the world.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Not true.

Budgets were done the year prior.

They just DON'T cut the checks in order to make government a necessity.

-Chuckle-

Please pay strict attention to the areas in bold text. I'm sure you remember.

By Tom Howell Jr. - The Washington Times - Tuesday, May 5, 2015
The GOP-led Congress Tuesday passed a full budget for the first time in years, laying out a road map for domestic spending cuts so deep that Democrats dared Republicans to follow through on them, predicting a swift voter backlash.
If enacted, the cuts, combined with an improving economy, could produce a balanced budget within a decade.
The budget cleared the Senate on a 51-48 vote Tuesday afternoon, after passing in the House last week.
No Democrats supported the plan, and Sens. Rand Paul of Kentucky and Ted Cruz of Texas were the only Republicans to vote “no.” Both are running for president.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Remember, Snake Plissken shut down the world.

I heard he was dead.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

If money slated for military retirement, social security payments etc isn't "budgeted" then my disregard for DC has increased logarithmically.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join