It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Old Faithful geyser fake?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

We visited Hoover Dam in 2015, what a feat of engineering. Apart from maintenance issues why would it be unfeasible

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

You mean this one?

I don't know why but I can't stop laughing about this.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: bananashooter

You mean this one?

I don't know why but I can't stop laughing about this.

I'd definitely be angry if I showed up expecting a geyser and saw a golf course sprinkler diverted through some rocks.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: underwerks

We visited Hoover Dam in 2015, what a feat of engineering. Apart from maintenance issues why would it be unfeasible

The water is highly acidic add the high temperature and any pipes would be gone in less then a year. People and animals have fallen in and the corrosive nature would leAve no body to recover. Picture taking a bath in hot battery acid.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MuonToGluon

I disagree on the damage being less but very true on the radiation..I guess it depends on the altitude of detonation.
Here is an interesting read
www.quora.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

But of course...makes sense...I forgot about sulphuric content....thanks

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

The water coming out of old faithful isn't acidic it's weakly basic ~pH 9.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Josephus

The water coming out of old faithful isn't acidic it's weakly basic ~pH 9.

Everything I read puts old faithful with a PH between 5 and 3. Though it's not as acidic as other areas of the park that's still highly corosive.

Here's the numberswww.sciencebase.gov...
edit on 8/10/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Liquesence

A man died in a Yellowstone hot spring trying to rescue his dog.
USA Today

Yup, that's what sparked my comment.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Yellowstone's geysers and hot springs are rich in chlorine and silica and have a pH around 9. (Pure water is given a pH of 7. A pH above 7 indicates basic water, while a pH below 7 indicates acidic water.) They make up around 80 to 90 percent of the park's total water discharge, Lowenstern said. Acid mud pots and fumaroles, on the other hand, are rich in sulfuric acid and have a pH as low as 2. While their total volume is miniscule compared with geysers and hot springs, these acidic waters are much more widespread and cover a greater percentage of the park's land.

Livescience

But that is the water coming out of the geyers.

If the conspiracy is about piping water to the geyser, if it is river water, the pipe should be able to handle it anyway.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

a reply to: Liquesence

A man died in a Yellowstone hot spring trying to rescue his dog.
USA Today

Yup, that's what sparked my comment.

That is what I suspected that you were referring to. I had only ever heard the tale from people that visited there and looked it up for myself to see if it was true.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
If you go see Old Faithful erupt (which is awesome, by the way) the Park Rangers will tell you that it has become pretty erratic and no longer goes off like clockwork as it used to. They will also tell you that one day, it will get to a point where they will no longer be able to predict eruption times very far into the future, if at all.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
lol reminds me of this hilarious website i found some time ago: www.cluesforum.info... , and sadly yes they are serious about it

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Yellowstone's geysers and hot springs are rich in chlorine and silica and have a pH around 9. (Pure water is given a pH of 7. A pH above 7 indicates basic water, while a pH below 7 indicates acidic water.) They make up around 80 to 90 percent of the park's total water discharge, Lowenstern said. Acid mud pots and fumaroles, on the other hand, are rich in sulfuric acid and have a pH as low as 2. While their total volume is miniscule compared with geysers and hot springs, these acidic waters are much more widespread and cover a greater percentage of the park's land.

Livescience

But that is the water coming out of the geyers.

If the conspiracy is about piping water to the geyser, if it is river water, the pipe should be able to handle it anyway.

We are discussing one particular geyser old faithful. Water testing shows it to be acidic and the other problem is it contains arsenic. Arsenic cannot exist in water with to high a PH. You can add lime to remove arsnic which leads to desorption. In other words akaline will pull arsnic out of water and make it form deposits.

edit on 8/10/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join