It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unarmed Russian Air Force jet overflies the Pentagon, Capitol, CIA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

But but ....Putin

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: Shamrock6

What exactly do you think the Russians were doing when they flew around?

That's not a serious question is it?

Not any more or less than the comment it was a response to.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

But but ....Putin

He was watching the live feed !!

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Did it fly low enough to snag the bag of payoff money that Trump placed on the roof of the White House?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I guess I shouldn't tell you that we regularly charter Antonov aircraft to move our military equipment around then.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Yes. Each side sends aircraft 10 or 12 times a year. You can track the Russian aircraft when they're flying and see where they're looking. It's actually kind of fun.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The An-124 just has the single windscreen, like most commercial aircraft. The Il-76 has a glass nose.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I'm not sure why you would even post this.

The article plainly states that this flight is part of the open skies treaty.

They fly over our country we fly over theirs.

This is a non issue.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

I'm not sure why you would even post this.

The article plainly states that this flight is part of the open skies treaty.

They fly over our country we fly over theirs.

This is a non issue.

Gee I never thought of that.

I'll check-in with you next time.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Not sure if someone mentioned it but could this have been the plane seen flying over DC on 911 ?
The flight was under the Treaty on Open Skies, which Russia, the United States and 32 other nations have signed

from 911

edit on 10-8-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

No. The plane over Washington was an E-4B airborne command post. This aircraft is operating under the Open Skies treaty. It allows an equal number of overflights by the US and Russia by each side, using their own aircraft, and commercial grade cameras and sensors.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

But the treaty is with 32 other countries . Could the 911 plane been from one of the other signatories to the treaty ? and if so whose plane might it have been ?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

No. There is no chance it was from an Open Skies nation. I've been on the E-4B, and handled ground service for them many times. The aircraft over Washington was an E-4B. It's been positively identified, including callsign and flight path. It had nothing to do with anyone else.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo
It was allowed....LOL

Total BS....its as if the USA has No radar and anyone can just 'fly right on in' and whatever and caught us by surprise some how ..

Wow......-!

I was at Farnborough Air Show some years ago and looked up to see what appeared to be a fighter jet with Russian markings in the sky above.

I immediately ran to the nearest RAF officer I could find to report that either was something wrong with our radar or the Russians had developed stealth technology as the bugger was up there flaunting himself of full view and none of our jets had been scrambled to intercept him.

He just gave me a funny look and walked away shaking his head as if to say I was telling lies or mad!

That's whats wrong with this bloody country nowadays. No-one believes the man in the street.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Thanks ..I made a thread in the 911 forum .

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

There are An-124's with the glass chin also. We don't see them here, but they do exist.

There's even a picture of one on the wiki page about them. (I'd post a link, but I'm on my phone)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Make sure that you do.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Some of them on that page have a grey piece of skin under the nose, but it's solid, not glass. There are a few that have an odd shaped panel under the nose that extends out slightly, but that's solid too.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Dbl.
edit on 8/10/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo
You are 100% correct.

I was in the Air Force and I dated an AF pilot, almost married him, but that is another story.

The US has every square inch of the skies under surveillance at all times. Russia used to test our reflexes all the time, and we theirs. It was almost a game among the pilots on both sides, to see how fast the other would scramble. The pilots would pull up along side each other and wave.

If a plane made it to Washington D.C. or Virginia, from outside the US, you had better believe it was given permission to do so.

edit on 10-8-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word edits + addendum

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join