It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea is neither bluffing nor baffling, if we challenge them they are going to do it, hitting us.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light
a reply to: hombero

Somebody here has claimed that this is all show, that is a wrong assumption, in this case it will prove to be a fatal mistake, this is pretty real and have been handled since January as a game between a Cat and it's mouse.

That somebody or those somebodies as the case may be needs to do some research on North Korea. North Koreans are told and appear to believe (for the outside world cameras anyway) that they are the happiest people on earth, living in the world's most powerful nation. I would suggest people watch the doco below to get an idea of how weird and messed up North Korea is. I would suggest that the viewer bear in mind that this is Russia Today who created this film. ie one of North Korea's allies.

If tragedy arrives in American soil or for any of our allies in the far east the responsibility will be shared in between its material authors and who defied them along months of irritating rhetoric instead to refrain violence and work to settle down differences, as it was done the previous year with Iran, Instigating the aggression.

It may already be too late. Your visions may come to pass sooner than we fear - the Kim regime has announced the place and approximate date (Guam, August) for an attack.

I am wondering if here the plan is to push America into a war in order to join the nation around an Administration that it is under political siege surrounded by the mist terrible scandals of credibility?.

The Angel of Lightness

Speaking as someone from the soil of a nation that is a long term friend of the USA, the leaders of the nation have allowed it to descend into behaviour resembling a town drunk on a 5 day drinking bender. The chaos, disarray and political dissent that is being exuded from Washington is nothing short of astonishing.

If we as your friends are very worried for the USA, imagine what opportunities your enemies can see in such a time of discord. North Korea is the first to outwardly show that they intend to take full advantage of this window of opportunity. Iran is there in the background colluding with them. As I have said several times over, Russia and China sit there, doing nothing to stop the dude with the bad haircut from Pyoingyang acting with a giant bowl of popcorn.

The stage is set. The actors are in place and the crowd is assembling in the theatre. It won't be long before the play begins. Let's just pray for the sake of the global community that this is not one of those Shakespearian tragedies about to unfold.
edit on 10-8-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

batman...pffft.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Can you point to them out to us when they get here?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

i thought to myself "leave it alone. this is clearly someone who only believes what they think they know"...but nah.
I meant what I said, but I'll clarify.

people watch the network news and read the daily press. I won't go into all the hilariousness and foolishness that entails, because I assume we can pretty much agree that stuff is just baby food. but how many people dig beyond that? my guess?...not the great masses. people are generally content to take what they're given. and if I can spin off that point for just a second, the media outlets all have conflicting reports anyway.
so maybe I'll bow to your glorious passport (but deduct points for your generalization of ghetto culture and education), and give you that this country is well read, etc.
but uhm...if everyone is reading different things, how could that possibly make us the most globally aware country on the planet?

"nice try"?
I was stating an opinion, not trying to toss ping pong balls into a goldfish bowl at the carnival.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
North Korea doesn't have the capabilities of hitting us, yet. Their talk is just rhetoric, not realistic, like the little guy who talks a lot of crap to make himself seem strong, when really he would get destroyed in a fight. Now, if we wait long enough, as many seem to want, NK will have the capabilities of striking, then what? SK, Japan, Taiwan etc. will develop their own Nuke Programs. Then? Iran, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Egypt etc. start developing their own Nuke Programs. Then? Every country capable will begin developing their own Nuke Programs. Unfetter Nuclear Proliferation. We either stop NK now, before it comes to Nuclear Conflict, and set an example and a standard, or we condemn the world to unstoppable Nuclear Proliferation. The choice is clear and easy, though some don't seem to want to face reality.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
North Korea is suddenly softening their tone and rhetoric tonight.

No more curtains of fire and smoke enveloping Guam.

As soon as the exact calculations arrive from Iran, North Korea will send 4 missiles uneventfully into the sea, about 25 miles from the island of Guam.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
North Korea is suddenly softening their tone and rhetoric tonight.

No more curtains of fire and smoke enveloping Guam.

As soon as the exact calculations arrive from Iran, North Korea will send 4 missiles uneventfully into the sea, about 25 miles from the island of Guam.

From a post I made on August 8, in another thread (which you actually commented on):

"If I might make a prediction?

Any "attack" on Guam NK might undertake would be limited (at this time) to an unarmed missile landing off the coast of Guam.

Just Kim's way of nettling the US.

But, it would prove that NK's missiles have the accuracy to do the job they are designed to do; and thus serve as a warning to the "enemies" of NK.

Then, if Kim really wants to drive his point home, in no uncertain terms, without provoking a justified retributional strike, he could, with due advance international warning, detonate a missile launched nuke warhead in the middle of the ocean.

Thus NK's capabilities would be proven to a sufficient degree to discourage attack, while denying oppositional forces the "moral" justification for a counter-strike."

I have since reconsidered the effects of detonating a nuclear warhead above the ocean, even with sufficient international warning; I think a far better strategy for NK would be to detonate an ICBM-launched nuke in space, high above the atmosphere, say 2000-3000 miles up.

Such a demonstration would have negligible long-term impact on the environment, would not directly threaten any nation, therefore could not be claimed as an "attack", and thus providing justification for armed retaliation.

It would, however, place NK undeniably at the "big boys table" in terms of nuclear-capable nations; which we have seen results in a dramatic change in the tone with which diplomacy is extended to such nations.

Which is exactly what Kim seeks, and has sought, through the development of NK's nuclear weapons program.

All forces could then meet in meaningful negotiations as equals.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
If we conduct a preemptive strike on North Korea, we deserve anything we get. He who casts the first stone has nothing to complain about, and I seriously doubt that Kim will turn the other cheek. So let's all hang our head for a moment of silence and pray that Donald is swinging his tremendously small johnson. It's hard to predict what an irrational person will do under stress, or any other time for that matter.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

If they hit us they will be committing suicide.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

It depends, we could be perfectly misleaded by our own intelligence, that makes us to think that United States does not have a valid great rival to face in the near future.

According with them America only has some isolated enemies in various remote corners of the word: Iran, Islamic radical groups, Venezuela, Cuba, Russia, Syria, Bolivia, Equator, Nicaragua, North Korea, Afghanistan, Pakistan at least in part, Palestinians, Yemen, Abyssinia, Sudan at least in part, Algeria, Mozambique, Angola, Vietnam, and of course the great indeterminate in geopolitics: China, who is not really our ally.

What can assure us that during all the years that our tensions with those countries have lasted there have not agreed already political pacts in between all those parts?

why we feel so sure that they don't have the ability to negotiate differences to defend common interests?

Speciallly how to react in case any of them becomes in conflict with us?

In 1939 the US intelligence, as well as the British and French ones failed to determine that Nazi Germany had an evils pact with USSR.

It took until 1941 for our intelligence to realize that Germany and Italy had a Pact with the empire of Japan.

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 8/12/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: tabularosa

The point here is : what is a preemptive aggression against North Korea?

If you go to a hospital, let's say as a director of it, if you request to all the personal to don't give attention to a patient, to cut supply of medication to it, to don't give anything to fix pain or symptoms, to cut food or serum to him, no nurse is allowed to enter in that room, and No permit to transfer the patient to other medical center until all bills are paid, what do you think the parent, husband or wife of that sick person will do to you?

There is an embargo already of years over North Korea, they are being isolated of the rest of the world ordered by our government, they know their economy is broken due to it.

Do you think it would be a suicide to react against us to try to cut that slow painful agony, when they know there us no chance to change easily that situation and all the things they need are just in the other side of their border with the part they consider is of their country but we have occupied since 50 years ago?

Not every body is as patient as it was Gorbachev a quarter of century ago, also they are not anymore in the situacion of vulnerability of Venezuela today, they have a military technology that they know give them a chance to change their role from prey to predator.

Ah, but remember we are also demanding them to drop it and surrender all their weapons to the UN, an organization that had done nothing to change their miserable conditions in decades.

Again, there is too much pressure over them in this moment, so much that they have few to lose if they do something let's say crazy.

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 8/13/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join