It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea is neither bluffing nor baffling, if we challenge them they are going to do it, hitting us.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
If North Korea would launch one of their "US mainland threatening nuclear-tipped ICBM's" into space and detonate it a couple thousand miles up, I think it would accomplish everything Kim seeks without providing rational justification for a counter-strike by the US.

Kim is seeking his idea of "respect" and "honor" in the eyes of the world. In his mind, such goals are achieved only through grand displays of great strength and/or power. Hence his obsession with nuclear weapons, which he views as essential in establishing NK as a respected world power.

A high orbit detonation would prove to the world that NK, and thus Kim, is a world power, in Kim's mind, on par with the US, Russia, and even (frenemy) China.

Which is exactly what he seeks.

And would accomplish that goal without getting anyone killed.
edit on 9-8-2017 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
When was the last time anyone has seen Kim Yung Un make a public address? All of these rapid response apocalyptic statements don't feel right

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: PolyCottonBlend
the people of North Korea have no voice. they probably also have very little idea of what's going on externally.

comparatively, the people of the US choose to remain ignorant of the external world. and like the nk's they take the word of the leader as gospel (although not Quite as literally).

in either case if this does begin, IF, it will be the will of the leaders. not the will of the people.

Besides the ghettos, where nearly all are uneducated and have a lack of resources to learn, how exactly are Americans ignorant of the "external world"?

I'd say we're one of, if not the most well read nation on the planet. I've been to 23 different countries and not ONE of them can match the US in terms of global awareness.

Nice try.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Guaranty they won't hit us. 'Lil Kim is a p$ssie.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This is all a huge show. They seem to want one of 2 things or even perhaps both. People are completely awake, for the most part, a good portion, at least half or more, and are fed up with all the corruption and especially the satanic child pedo murderous cannabilistic sacrifice of children. We Serve and Protect Children! So some of us are waiting for a complete takedown of all the elite in every country. No sane citizens would allow such things.

They know we're awake and all of them including the media are trying to pretend that we're not still, its all a show.

Now, number one scenario I see is a war coming out of this to put people to sleep again and create a lot of trauma and help them reshape the world, OR, this is one option for them but they are basically threatening another group and this is like a power play.

But this postering both sides are doing is simply Kim jumping to the orders of the elite. He's just a puppet of the Rothschild's like everyone else, and Soros and Gates.

Its just outrageous caca, sickening beyond belief. I want them all gone now!

PERIOD!

This world is free!

PERIOD!

We are all living in absolute equality and freedom, all with land of our own, no homeless in sight anywhere on this planet, no property tax and no way of taking it from us. We have clean high tech, abundance of food and clean caviation, implosion energy and beamships in our back yard, cells reforming, longevity, in short UPGRADED already.

PERIOD.

Anythign else is such massive karma on those creeps there is no words to describe what they're going to go through when this earth test is over.

Now, basically, this is a show.

And I advice them all to cease and desist their crapola.

And stop their BS.
edit on 9-8-2017 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Where have you been?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter
Such arrogance and American exceptionalism. Global understanding and attempts at global dominance are worlds apart.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Or Trump makes a phone call to Xi stating the US will soon be resolving the North Korea crisis and China needs to be prepared to claim their new landmass on 1-hour notice. 1-hour before scheduled ceasing of shelling, Trump calls Xi again and informs him that it's all China's now.

That's not how it works, though you might like that scenario.

China can take care of their neighbor...because China doesn't want us that close. When the US goes in to bomb, that generally means there's gonna be boots on the ground later...for many years afterwards.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
When an abusive person says they are going to hit you...you cannot afford to not be pro-active.

If NK threatens officially...it is a diplomatic statement of intent not a threat.

Engage them conventionally to throw up a smokescreen and establish conventionality....refuse to discuss use of Nuclear weapons....then drop the Rods of God.....25% of the arsenal.....let everyone sort out the details later....the record will show no nuclear weapons were used and the problem is gone.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
If North Korea would launch one of their "US mainland threatening nuclear-tipped ICBM's" into space and detonate it a couple thousand miles up, I think it would accomplish everything Kim seeks without providing rational justification for a counter-strike by the US.

Kim is seeking his idea of "respect" and "honor" in the eyes of the world. In his mind, such goals are achieved only through grand displays of great strength and/or power. Hence his obsession with nuclear weapons, which he views as essential in establishing NK as a respected world power.

A high orbit detonation would prove to the world that NK, and thus Kim, is a world power, in Kim's mind, on par with the US, Russia, and even (frenemy) China.

Kim would be dead within 12 hours if he did that. There is NO scenario involving North Korea actually launching or even testing a nuclear weapon which won't result in an immediate conventional weapons strike by the United States at this point. The world, in general, stands to gain nothing by North Korea becoming a "world power" and everything to lose by allowing North Korea to legitimately believe themselves to be one.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

You're partially right, it hasn't ever been tried my way, but it would absolutely work. The only impetus against hitting NK hard from China has been due to China's concerns of having the US on their doorstep. If the US opted to tell China that this would be a swift opportunity not for American troops to be on that doorstep, but for China instead to expand their front porch a bit, Xi would not say another word of protest against it.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
then drop the Rods of God.....25% of the arsenal.....let everyone sort out the details later....the record will show no nuclear weapons were used and the problem is gone.

This is not Call of Duty. No nation has advanced Project Thor beyond theoretical discussion and a drafting table.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

It's really quite impressive that you have managed to get into a better intelligence position on this than the rest of the intelligence decision makers in the US and its allies. I myself think they are fully aware of the risks as well as you or I, likely much more so if they've been doing their jobs.

But what does it say when those that can stop a bully don't? Kim Jong just gets a free pass? Should the allies have let Germany take Europe because there was going to be bloodshed?

Is nothing worth fighting for anymore? Countries just come and ask to take over another and the capturee says uggh... OK fine.

This is the attitude, I think, that is ruining the world.
Who was it that said when good people so nothing then bad wins absolute? It's that attitude that keeps those that seek to control us right where they've always been: at the top of the pyramid.

What I don't understand is how people can be stepped on over and over and just take it and ask for more.

What's the outcome? Surely nothing good in any of the current hot topics: NK, China, Salafists, petrodollar, hypersexualized children, the gay agenda.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: markosity1973
a reply to: dragonridr

China is also very much against the Thaad defense system being installed in South Korea.

China does not want a refugee influx from a collapsed regime, not does it desire to see the USA occupying land on its border. Both China and Russia far prefer to have 'buffer nations' between themselves and the west. And North Korea serves that purpose on the peninsula.

They might not like the Kim regime, but they far prefer it over an American military base being there. Russia feels the same - they treat the Kim regime as a strange curiosity, not publicly bashing it, rather using tongue in cheek humor to point out its oddities.

What you describe sounds like two paranoid hypochondriacs. The "West" doesn't want to invade Russia or China. We have enough land and resources. What age do those two countries think we're living in?

It's more about the USA and it's empirical dreams. Remember, those two nations have a very different world view than we do.

Russia is upset by all the NATO bases in former USSR states along its border. (Who can blame them for being a little paranoid when the USA publicly announced its goal was to prevent anything like the USSR ever happening again in the 1990's)

China is is the ultimate paradox. Completely capitalist when it comes to business yet overwhelmingly communist in all affairs of state. It sees itself rising and rising to a place where it will dominate not only the USA, but the entire globe.

North Korea is as much a battle of wills between heads of state between Russia / China vs the USA as it is about a single rogue nation

Let's be honest, China with over 1,000,000,000 people could simply march over the border unarmed and overwhelm the Kim regime in about 10 minutes after it's ammunition runs out.

But they won't because to THEM North Korea idea not a threat. And secretly, they enjoy the menace the obese one from Pyongyang brings upon the US.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

No we have all ready don't that wouldn't cause any major problems other than screw up short wave radios for a couple of days.

Ps it is estimated that 25 percent of the country would attempt to flee into China or take boats to Japan. That's the biggest problem actually it creates a humanitarian disaster.
edit on 8/10/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So we should just go ahead and kill millions of people all because a fat midget is talking smack to us?

I wonder what the North Korean people are thinking knowing that the most powerful military in the world is talking about attacking them preemptively? I wonder if North Korea would be justified in attacking us before we attack them? Their reasoning would be the same as ours.

By all means we should wait for North Korea to nuke Guam killing millions including thousands of U.S. citizens.....right?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

China is is the ultimate paradox. Completely capitalist when it comes to business yet overwhelmingly communist in all affairs of state. It sees itself rising and rising to a place where it will dominate not only the USA, but the entire globe.

Let's be honest, China with over 1,000,000,000 people could simply march over the border unarmed and overwhelm the Kim regime in about 10 minutes after it's ammunition runs out.

But they won't because to THEM North Korea idea not a threat. And secretly, they enjoy the menace the obese one from Pyongyang brings upon the US.

Ah Ha... woven into your comment/analysis.... you bring out the fact that N. Korea is by all standards just China's Proxy Armed Force...

just as the Sunni Jihadist Light Infantry Forces are the USA's Proxy Army over there in the Syria & Iranian backyard

In the final analysis, the Guam Issue is very prominent to China in their expansion of control of the high Seas around the S. China Sea/Indian Ocean straits and sea-lanes

the USA with Trump being ill advised will get influenced by the Democrat-Progressive-& Deep-State to get out-maneuvered in this NoKo 'matter' (it will defuse into a matter rather than a 'Crisis' that IT was elevated into by Trump himself...)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

You know nothin of China I would suggest you take the time to read articles from their media. They see North Korea as a threat and fatty Kim a joke.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: St Udio

You know nothin of China I would suggest you take the time to read articles from their media. They see North Korea as a threat and fatty Kim a joke.

Exactly.

China knows that the guy is off his rocker, and his rocker shares a border with them. It's about time that China steps up to the plate and uses it's diplomatic military to do something other than lay claim to islands in disputed territory.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Well Dear hombero,

Somebody here must tell the truth, in the middle of all the sensationalist misinformation that is running in the media about this crisis, all the useless verbose noise used to face it in a so much naive way.

Somebody here has claimed that this is all show, that is a wrong assumption, in this case it will prove to be a fatal mistake, this is pretty real and have been handled since January as a game between a Cat and it's mouse.

If tragedy arrives in American soil or for any of our allies in the far east the responsibility will be shared in between its material authors and who defied them along months of irritating rhetoric instead to refrain violence and work to settle down differences, as it was done the previous year with Iran, Instigating the aggression.

I am wondering if here the plan is to push America into a war in order to join the nation around an Administration that it is under political siege surrounded by the mist terrible scandals of credibility?.

By the way only today finally the Inteligencia agencies finally have arrived to the conclusion I have arrived in my threads since months ago, that North Korea actually has portable nuclear heads for their missiles.

Please check
www.nbcnews.com...

The Angel of Lightness

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join