It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea is neither bluffing nor baffling, if we challenge them they are going to do it, hitting us.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
At this point I think NK will do something different than we think.. if it gets to that point. Maybe launch a nuke, detonate it over water( to avoid things like THADD) and have the fall out take everything out?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
Was directed here by my closed thread. I dont see this anywhere on this thread...( so im still kinda confused as to why it was closed and directed to someone's opinion thread)

North Korea says it will complete plan to attack waters near Guam by mid-August then wait for commander in chief's order.

link

Thoughts? Seems ridiculous to attack water.

Something lost in translation?

The big worry is SKorea and the weapons NK has trained on Seoul.

How to take them out before a huge loss of life south of the DMZ, is the real problem.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Well I got redirected here from the closed thread n Korea plans to attack Guam by mid August.

Here's a link to the Story

Yea.. no clue why we were redirected here. I mean I get I had a1 line OP but thats all the news article was. lol. I was waiting to edit. Not trying to hijack here. But Im failing to grasp what this OP and HIS THOUGHTS on NK have to do with reports saying they will attack guam in mid august

I thought it was unfair to close that thread being this one is another topic, apart from one post mentioning it. I expected this one to be about that. It's not.

At any rate I'm thankful I got to see it to know about " mid August"

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

At this point I think NK will do something different than we think.. if it gets to that point. Maybe launch a nuke, detonate it over water( to avoid things like THADD) and have the fall out take everything out?

Would not use a nuke that would immediately destroy his regime. What he could do is launch an ICBM to splash down sya 100 miles from Guam. I think Fatty Kim is thinking he needs to prove he can strike US territory. But I think he's making a wrong call think what happened to Iraq Hussein had a much stronger and better armed military. Took two weeks to remove him. Korea could even be less time with airport they could destroy his ability to attack in 24 hrs.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Japan has been attacking the water in the Pacific ocean since 2011 , so I guess it's possible to attack water . ??

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Aint gonna happen.

Kim likes being a dictator. He like being alive. He isnt going to jeapordize the live he lives.

Hes crazy, but he's not that dumb. He knows if he fires a nuke on the US his country wont exist. He will be vaporized.

Thats a no win situation.

Yes he is crazy, as in Has A Distorted View of Reality crazy. In fact, he is exactly the kind of crazy that would move forward with this.

So is Trump frankly.

What we have is two megalomaniacal, narcissistic lunatics that are nuclear capable and just itching to get into a pissing contest with those weapons.

Wasn't it George Carlin who noticed how most weapons look like penises? I think it was George Carlin. Regardless, there is a reason for that.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This week's WAPO breaking news article on NK having nukes that van be carried on a ballistic missile IS 3 YEAR OLD NEWS!

Guess what...Obama KNEW in 2013 that NK could already miniaturize nukes to fit on missiles.
Yet...he ignored this because it was in conflict with his NK policy of 'Strategic Patience'...and kicked the can to the next administration.

April 11, 2013, 3:58 pm
Three hours into a hearing of the House Armed Services Committee, Lamborn said the Defense Intelligence Agency, which is under the Pentagon, determined with “moderate confidence” that North Korea has the capability to make a nuclear weapon small enough to be launched with a ballistic missile.
blogs.denverpost.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I don't believe in conventional rules of war. War is fought to either claim land, claim preeminence over an issue, or force compliance to a demand. In a situation like this, the US obviously has no interest in the land... occupation of NorKo would be a ridiculous pain in the ass. China, however, would take possession in a heartbeat and has truly only not done so because NorKo gives them a buffer between mainland China and SoKo (only needed because the US has a major presence around Seoul.) The South's new president has expressed a less welcoming attitude towards the US presence there, so it is time to end that arrangement through ultimately addressing *why* the US in in South Korea: namely the Kim lineage's history of slinging threats and retreating to stand near China for safety.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

And in 2013, North Korea was threatening Guam. People there were scared.
www.usatoday.com...

But NK is serious this time? If so, just pull the 2013 attack plans and execute them, Kimmy. Then, say Good-bye!

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

www.usatoday.com...

But NK is serious this time? If so, just pull the 2013 attack plans and execute them, Kimmy. Then, say Good-bye!

Lil Kimbo expects Trump to act just like Obama did in 2013...when Obama ignored everything and kicked the can down the road.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
This week's WAPO breaking news article on NK having nukes that van be carried on a ballistic missile IS 3 YEAR OLD NEWS!

Guess what...Obama KNEW in 2013 that NK could already miniaturize nukes to fit on missiles.
Yet...he ignored this because it was in conflict with his NK policy of 'Strategic Patience'...and kicked the can to the next administration.

April 11, 2013, 3:58 pm
Three hours into a hearing of the House Armed Services Committee, Lamborn said the Defense Intelligence Agency, which is under the Pentagon, determined with “moderate confidence” that North Korea has the capability to make a nuclear weapon small enough to be launched with a ballistic missile.
blogs.denverpost.com...

So what you're saying is that it's Trumps fault back in 2013.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

China is also very much against the Thaad defense system being installed in South Korea.

China does not want a refugee influx from a collapsed regime, not does it desire to see the USA occupying land on its border. Both China and Russia far prefer to have 'buffer nations' between themselves and the west. And North Korea serves that purpose on the peninsula. They might not like the Kim regime, but they far prefer it over an American military base being there. Russia feels the same - they treat the Kim regime as a strange curiosity, not publicly bashing it, rather using tongue in cheek humor to point out its oddities.

Also remember that China and the USA are already at loggerheads over who runs the South China sea.
A provocation by invading / bombing North Korea is only going to stoke that fire.

What's more, it does not matter that whether the USA attacks with conventional weapons or nuclear. The only thing North Korea has to respond with that will make a dent is its nukes.

Does anybody actually believe that Lil Kim is going to sit there and NOT use them? First to be hit will be Seoul, then Japan, then Hawaii, then mainland USA.

Even if I an wrong and China / Russia stay out of it, the war will be short, but millions will die in several countries.
edit on 9-8-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I have really bad vibes this time. I am actually scared for the world.
Things are going to change soon.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
a reply to: dragonridr

China is also very much against the Thaad defense system being installed in South Korea.

China does not want a refugee influx from a collapsed regime, not does it desire to see the USA occupying land on its border. Both China and Russia far prefer to have 'buffer nations' between themselves and the west. And North Korea serves that purpose on the peninsula.

They might not like the Kim regime, but they far prefer it over an American military base being there. Russia feels the same - they treat the Kim regime as a strange curiosity, not publicly bashing it, rather using tongue in cheek humor to point out its oddities.

What you describe sounds like two paranoid hypochondriacs. The "West" doesn't want to invade Russia or China. We have enough land and resources. What age do those two countries think we're living in?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: carewemust

www.usatoday.com...

Lil Kimbo expects Trump to act just like Obama did in 2013...when Obama ignored everything and kicked the can down the road.

If "kicking the can down the road" means letting NK Kim attempt the first strike, that is a good choice, IMO.

It will be hell trying to convince the world that we killed thousands of North Koreans because we had "intelligence" indicating that a North Korea strike was planned and/or imminent. You can kiss the USA domestic agenda good-bye if that happens. Our Congress is already having trouble accomplishing even simple things.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Nobody likes a bull #ter.

Fire the missiles porky.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

If the DT decided to go ahead with military action then it wouldn't be anything like a shot across the bow so to say, they are going to have a planned operation to take out their nuclear capabilities with conventional (non nuclear) weapons to prevent NK from using them that would be first priority. NK then is left to what defences it can use and that is a very outdated arsenal and 1000's of combat troops prepped for lets a say a land and by sea invasion of the south then there would be a threat of biologic warfare to think of.

The biggest threat here is the threat of NK's every growing nuclear capabilities and lobbing a few nukes here and there the rest is a clean up operation. NK wouldn't have chance to use any nuke.

edit on 09America/Chicagov49pm831 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
instead of me trying to think what NoKorea might do (send unarmed missiles to Guam vicinity)...

I am trying to deeply think just what Trump means by FURY & FIRE

is his mind envisioning the 'Bombing of Dresden in WW2' as FIRE+FURY

or is his metaphor more along the nuclear line?--- I doubt it because the Fukushima 'china-syndrome' that has encircled the disaster site like a Lake of Radioactive Fire has totally escaped Trump up to the present time... so he is not versed in that kind of nuclear symbology....
he is in the Ludite WW2 mind-set.... The London Fire Bombing & the Dresden Fire Bombings are his poetic limit

heaven help us

edit on th31150232620209502017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I am fully against a war but stand behind my President. He doesn't want war, I think that is evident. But he will not continue to be threatened. Thus, maybe throwing blows, maybe deliberate misses and like. Defusing. They have run out of aggressive eloquent colorful threats.. some sound Comic bookish.

I am also a Vet and as such have a given propensity to assist and support our military. I'm a senior, so that's laughable but still...

Have many considered what a random or successful strike on US soil would do ? Areas becoming uninhabitable if nuclear was used. With all the rest of the disaster, transportation, power, changing sources of everything around it. This isn't a reality show...

In Oct 16, 1962 we had the Cuban missile crisis and for twelve days it was scary. I was eleven. Every night the TV would be on with Walter Cronkite and George Putnam, both news anchors. It was very scary. Twelve days, the world was as cold as ice.
edit on 9-8-2017 by Plotus because: memory

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Lil Kim has no early warning satellites. When minuteman warheads start dropping from the sky, it is too late for the fat man. If he is hiding in a deep hole, there won't be anyone left to command topside.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join