It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada sends soldiers to migrant border crossing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Canada is moving troops (not many) to a remote area on the Quebec - New York border.

Apparently there's been some activity of illegal immigrant crossings !!

They (the immigrants) are scared of possible new U.S. policies that might get them deported.

What's Canada doing ?

How do they handle these "emergencies" ?

The Latest: Canada sends soldiers to migrant border crossing

The Latest on the increasing flow of migrants over the U.S.-Canadian border at a remote spot in northern New York and southern Quebec (all times local):

1:40 p.m.

Canada has sent about 100 soldiers to a remote spot on the Quebec-New York border where asylum seekers are crossing illegally.

The Canadian military said in a statement Wednesday that the soldiers will help the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Canada Border Services Agency at the site.

They are preparing a place for tents that can hold almost 500 people. They will also install lighting and heating equipment.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh man. If the topic of immigration here is a hot topic, let's wait to see how Canada handles this (the country where it's illegal to say offensive things).

For me it's a cut and dry topic. There are laws for a reason, and I don't get to pick the ones I abide by.

I love when people get on their high horse talking about how we should be decent people and get rid of borders so we can wreck economies and families.

Think of all the people who went through the legal process and get screwed out of a job. Or the human rights violations towards illegals because they're not protected.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Great, closing the borders, making the uS a giant prison camp. I can't wait till they put no mans land between concertina razor wire, sow mines and emplace guard towers.

Take lessons from the largest open air Prison on the planet:

Gaza

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
They are preparing a place for tents that can hold almost 500 people. They will also install lighting and heating equipment.

So the troops are there to make the immigrants feel welcome! Doing grunt work to give them a nice place to rest after the grueling trek over treacherous back roads of America. Good use of soldiers, eh?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Could it be in this case that one country's junk is another's junk as well ... So will Canada deport them back to the US ? We love our Somalies

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Great, closing the borders, making the uS a giant prison camp. I can't wait till they put no mans land between concertina razor wire, sow mines and emplace guard towers.

Gaza

We are gonna need Snake Plissken....

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

No. They've sent the troops to help carry their luggage. Eh.
Its getting bizarre, all this migration from place to place and the reactions of different countries to different types of people.

I can't keep up.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Yes, us being better humans than you makes us a big joke.

Watch us care.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Who knew that Trudeau's ultra left government was just a bunch of xenophobic racists or is that only when Trump enforces US law?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
So they are sending troops in to.........carry luggage.

Go get em canada!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Who knew that Trudeau's ultra left government was just a bunch of xenophobic racists or is that only when Trump enforces US law?

try again

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

If I lose my job and am on hard times can I pack my bags and migrate to Canada for better opportunities?

The answer is no or at least not easily or legally

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

If I lose my job and am on hard times can I pack my bags and migrate to Canada for better opportunities?

Yes but you'll have to speak with a foreign accent (American English doesn't count). And you'll have to claim to be oppressed. Hmmm... maybe that's all of the anti-Trumps?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: intrptr

Gaza

We are gonna need Snake Plissken....

Heard he wuz dead. . . .

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Good grief. I read the story, then I read the comments...........most all off point, btw.

The troops are there to help set up processing camp where the migrants can meet with Canadian government officials to file their applications for refugee status in Canada and to help process the migrants into destinations in Canada. The migrants are fleeing Trumps "America" fearing their refugee status will be revoked and they'll be deported back to the living hell of Haiti.

Try reading the story before jumping to conclusions in off-mark comments.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

I know ... it's a joke how biased they are .

Meanwhile there are all types of homeless in Canada who don't get a tent city !

The numbers will keep getting larger if they don't stop making them feel welcome.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
**SNIP** We can say whatever we want just the same as the united states and most western nations. Now if youre threatening someone thats different which i assume you were.
edit on 8/9/2017 by Blaine91555 because: Edited out name calling in violation of the Terms and Conditions of Use

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Native Canadians are privileged so no they don't deserve tents and don't understand real poverty.

Identity politics 101 divide based on race and gender

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Good grief. I read the story, then I read the comments...........most all off point, btw.

The troops are there to help set up processing camp where the migrants can meet with Canadian government officials to file their applications for refugee status in Canada and to help process the migrants into destinations in Canada. The migrants are fleeing Trumps "America" fearing their refugee status will be revoked and they'll be deported back to the living hell of Haiti.

Try reading the story before jumping to conclusions in off-mark comments.

Why come to Canada ? Because they will be accepted and given housing and jobs ( at the expense of a Canadians losing jobs )

I'm tired of the refugees getting better breaks than our own . They have access to warehouses of donated furniture which struggling Canadians do not.

Look at the shape some of our reserves are in ... they need help desperately, which trudeau promised them. Trudeau is too busy kissing a$$ of the refugees and immigrants because he wants their votes. Hes going to lose alot of indigenous votes because of his uncaring attitude. He schmoozes with some tribes , and seems unconcerned with others .

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Detroit... cough cough...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join