It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Raided Manaforts House

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: soberbacchus

Pres. Clinton should not have lied...and under oath...he deserved to be hammered for it. He did not deserve to be impeached, that was over-reach by the GOP, but it did fail.

So which is it?
How do you "hammer" a sitting potus without impeaching him?

For one, you let his wife and the public know the painful-play-by-play details of his affair.

His cheating on his wife was a personal failure with appropriate personal consequences..

Colluding with a foreign government that is hostile to US interests is a National Security Threat of infinitely more magnitude and relevance to the Office of the President.

It surprises me that you apparently can't tell the difference?
edit on 10-8-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Not sure what the ?? Is for ?

The ????
Was questioning the False Equivalence of a man lying about cheating on his wife and a President potentially colluding with a foreign power that is hostile to US interests in the world.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: interupt42

Not sure what the ?? Is for ?

The ????
Was questioning the False Equivalence of a man lying about cheating on his wife and a President potentially colluding with a foreign power that is hostile to US interests in the world.

My post was a response to the hypocrisy of the poster that claimed the trump presidency was a disgrace. It was not about equating to espionage which hillary herself could be accused of aswell.

However thats is how ypu would like to rationalize it .

The fact is the clintons have a history of lying. Such as being under sniper fire,didnt inhale, i take lobbying money without any expectations,etc.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Manafort has already started singing....

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

The Clintons were not saints...By any measure

But honestly on the WH disgrace scale..Trump is unprecedented.

You are welcome to disagree and I expect you do, but I think it is a very reasonable view that most of the planet agrees with.

Just my 2 cents.

(post by interupt42 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

www.rawstory.com...

Very interesting..

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

www.rawstory.com...

And this..

Feds sought cooperation from Manafort's son-in-law
www.politico.com...

And for those still confused..

Mueller’s targeting of both Manafort and his son-in-law over potential criminal wrongdoing is a familiar tactic in white-collar cases, commonly called “climbing the ladder.”

“Manafort is — on many levels — a key subject of the investigation and someone who might be leveraged to share information about others,” said one Washington-based white-collar attorney with a client involved in the Russia probe.

The approach involves finding a suspected crime — false statements on tax returns or loan applications, for example — and then offering leniency on prosecution in exchange for cooperation. “They always start with the people on the low end of the ladder and try to get information on someone high up on the ladder,”

edit on 10-8-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

IF proven guilty , removal from office is justified . Lying under oath for whatever is cause for removal in my opinion . If they spend the next two years looking for criminal offences and only find non criminal shady deals than no removal . Do they take out Pence next ? What about Ryan ? Should he go too .

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlaw
if they looked hard enough, they probably could find a reason to remove the whole congress...
wonder where that would leave us??

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

manfort "blew the whistle" on a legal meeting with no evidence of a crime committed?

AWESOME
WELL DONE

jfc
focus

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: Martin75

Trump has them scared to death.

Quite the contrary.

Special counselor has been told to find anything he can, even if not related to Russia.

I'd wager there is a wealth of shadiness and illegality surrounding Trump Enterprises.

Then why wasn't anything found in the months leading up to the election? We had p**** gate, but "shadiness and illegality" would have been far more effective.

Perhaps they weren't looking. Perhaps they weren't even investigating—or had enough suspicion and cause—at that time. Perhaps there wasn't yet a valid reason to investigate deeply the morass of Trump Enterprises, and it runs so deep it takes time to thoroughly explore the web of carefully covered criminality.

Career criminals hide themselves very well, which is perhaps a reason why Trump refuses to release his tax returns.

I dunno. Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: FauxMulder

He's been cooperating since then I guess. This was back in June. He's been to some hearings since then.

That is the crux of it all. Manafort is cooperating. The FBI states he is cooperating...even after they did a no-knock warrant on the man's home. Manafort never complained about it.

He knows everything about Russia contacts and he made a deal. They are closing in on Trump.

edit on 10-8-2017 by Vorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: olaru12

manfort "blew the whistle" on a legal meeting with no evidence of a crime committed?

AWESOME
WELL DONE

jfc
focus

A legal meeting,. LOL. First it was a few people for 5 minutes. Then a plethora of people for much longer. Including Russian intelligence. So many people were in that meeting, I actually found Waldo.

(I actually replied to shooterbrody, but it doesn't really matter where I replied lol)
edit on 10-8-2017 by Vorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

The Clintons were not saints...By any measure

But honestly on the WH disgrace scale..Trump is unprecedented.

You are welcome to disagree and I expect you do, but I think it is a very reasonable view that most of the planet agrees with.

Just my 2 cents.

They are both a disgrace.

However Bill Clinton has set the disgrace bar at its highest point so far with his Intern and cigar adventure. Trump has yet to reach it.

Manaforts is no peach either and I hope they do a real investigation. Not like the one they did with the Clintons where the DOJ intervened and Bill Clinton ransacked her on the tarmac the day before the decision to prosecute.

Cleaned up

edit on 38831America/ChicagoThu, 10 Aug 2017 20:38:43 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

However Bill Clinton has set the disgrace bar at its highest point so far with his Intern and cigar adventure. Trump has yet to reach it.

and just what happened to the three men who lead the clinton investigation???

the first was Newt Gingrich, who by the way, while he was pushing for Bill's impeachment, had his own pretty intern he was having an affair with...

then there was Bob Livingston, who resigned the same day that the impeachment vote was scheduled....
because revelations of his own extramarital affair became public.

next came Dennis Hastert, who's sexual misadventures didn't come to light for a long time, but by far, his was the worse. He was found to have paid over a million dollars in hush money to cover up the sexual abuse he inflicted on a male student during his days teaching. He was recently convicted of that crime and sentenced to 15 month in federal prison. the judge referred to him as a “serial child molester.”

thinkprogress.org...

but, continue on about clinton's disgraceful behavior!!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

but, continue on about clinton's disgraceful behavior!!

The argument was about the POTUS being a disgrace not disgraced politicians in general ,which there are plenty on both sides. You can't say up to this point that Trump has been as disgraceful as Bill Clinton with that intern cigar incident.

Trump has to reach pretty high to set the bar higher than what old Willy left it at . So far anyways.

Plus I'm no trump supporter. The comparison was to demonstrate a previous poster bias and hypocrisy that was acting like Trump is the only disgraceful president so far.

edit on 04831America/ChicagoThu, 10 Aug 2017 21:04:42 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

as far as I am concerned, he reached beyond that point with his "grab them by the pussy" remarks!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

as far as I am concerned, he reached beyond that point with his "grab them by the pussy" remarks!!!

LOL . While trump made that statement, Old Willy was REALY doing it and using girls as a cigar holder. NO comparison.

edit on 10831America/ChicagoThu, 10 Aug 2017 21:10:49 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
why, didn't clinton ask her first???

"I don't even ask them. When you are famous, they let you do it."
now that he's not only famous, but also the most powerful person in the world, I can't imagine just what he thinks the girls will "let him" do!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join