It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Raided Manaforts House

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: joemoe

Funny how those that defend the right and only the right cannot see the wrong in what was done.

Touche'

Well it sure aint going to be fellow republicans defending the right of the congress and senate. No they get scared and toss each other under the bus.

What it looks like to me is each GOP in congress playing Cover-Your-Ass...
They have their party in the WH...Kind of..
That means passing agenda with a near unprecedented unanimous GOP rule in DC.
But fully backing the POTUS right now might be chaining yourself to a time bomb.
So they dance..dance..dance...duck..weave..spin..

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Oh look, same day as the FBI raid news leaks, the National Enquirer releases their own Manafort hit piece?

Why did Trump’s favorite tabloid launch a hit against Manafort the same day FBI raid news leaked?

n Wednesday morning, news leaked that the FBI last month had conducted a pre-dawn raid of former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort’s home in Alexandria, Virginia.

Roughly one hour later, the National Enquirer published an article allegedly exposing Manafort being involved in a “sick sex scandal” that involved affairs with women who were significantly younger than his wife.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChrisM101

Solicitation Requires a REQUEST for something of Value, youre arguement that agreeing to meet for information in this case, does not meet the requirements of a request.

Per: transition.fec.gov...
Under Commission regulations it is unlawful to knowingly provide substantial assistance to foreign nationals making contributions or donations in connection with any U.S. election. 11 CFR 110.20(h). "Substantial assistance" refers to active involvement in the solicitation, making, receipt or acceptance of a foreign national contribution or donation with the intent of facilitating the successful completion of the transaction. This prohibition includes, but is not limited to individuals who act as conduits or intermediaries. 67 FR 69945-6 (November 19, 2002) [PDF].

So, when Don Jr. agreed to show up at the meeting so the Russians could give him damaging information on Hillary, he was in fact breaking the law.

As far as solicitation goes, he was offered information that was clearly a breech of federal election law and responded such that it was clear he intended to show up at the meeting so the transaction was completed, in essence confirming that his desire was for them to hand it over. Do I need to dig up the specific language?

Sorry, its not fantasy land, its legal land, and that doesnt hold water.

I'm afraid it does.

Show me where this information had any hint of value? was it ever used?

How could I show it was ever used if we don't even know for sure if anything was actually exchanged? What I do know is that, at the very least, the information counts as opposition research, even if one ignores all possible legal issues. And opposition research has a non-zero monetary value.

Just because they weren't paid employees, and also Not volunteers, does not mean that they did any work for any one or the campaign.

They were foreign nationals offering something of value, in violation of U.S. election law. They did not qualify for the "volunteer" exception because they were not volunteers. That is the beginning an end of that point.

But what we did have was FUSION GPS working with a ex MI6 agent to provide fake details of Trump Pissing on a hotel bed in Russia That Obama slept in, and supposedly enjoying two prostitutes... All fake of course.

Please don't mistake me for someone who cares whether they throw Hillary in jail for life. Because I don't. But Fusion GPS was a company based in Washington D.C. who had not disclosed their connections to Russia. Not quite the same thing.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I thought they said that too. Apparently it was July 26

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: feldercarb

still this was a raid supposedly. Not an undercover ops or some other covert operation. Everyone should have known about the raid the very same day. There is nothing gained by not releasing this information to the media immediately and the media reporting it immediately. There is something wrong when a raid is not mentioned the day it occurred. It is not classified information.

No one "released" this. Mueller and the FBI are still refusing to comment.

Pre-Dawn raid...Dark..in a presumably nice neighborhood where the home would sheltered from prying neighbors eyes.

Apart from the Special Counsel's Office and FBI...who still have not confirmed or denied..

Others in the know would be Manafort himself and his team of lawyers and anyone they talked to about it.

"Others in the know would be Manafort himself and his team of lawyers and anyone they talked to about it." This is why I am surprised this took two weeks to come to light. The people being investigated would know about the raid almost immediately and there is no reason not to report this sooner. Also, the warrant for the search should have spelled out what the FBI was looking for. Thus, there is no reason not to admit to this raid. It makes it seem less than genuine unless there is a real reason not to tip your hand.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Actually that was the "story" they came up with. When juniors emails were released it showed clearly the intent of the meeting was to receive damaging information on Clinton.
They say the lawyer left something behind when she left that meeting.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Well duh... would you remove them now? In this atmosphere?
No.
And Russia's getting a little pissed now too because the braggart can't come through like they expected him to.

Ill ignore the part where no harmful information was brought to light because days later wiki released the DNC emails.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

A seriously lack of facts we don't know... but Mueller and the FBI do.
Who cares what we know. The leaked info is a drop in the bucket.
We don't know most of it. But what we do know is very bad. What we do know makes trump call out transgender service people and then declare war on lil Kim. What we know sends the president into Twitter tirades. And we don't know a tenth of what they have.
His little mind is going to blow. Trying to keep people's attention away from this subject.
The harder he tries the worse it gets for him.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Not the voting machines....

But I think releasing all your opponent's staffs private emails too close to the election to even check them out, applies..

That isn't even counting all the fake news sites pushing a trump presidency and attacking his OPPONENTS..

Because they helped him win the primary as well..

We KNOW trump JR went to a meeting with Russian agents specifically.. knowingly for the purpose of Russia helping him win lol..

Assuming the Russia stuff is all a fake news conspiracy after that is like the definition of "drinking the koolaide.." lol

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I agree..

I think at least SPECIFICALLY the "fire and fury" comment is because of the FBI raiding Manifort..

The same as with the transgender statement..

Neither case was the military informed first..

He knows it will drag half the coverage away from Russia.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: joemoe

Funny how those that defend the right and only the right cannot see the wrong in what was done.

Touche'

Well it sure aint going to be fellow republicans defending the right of the congress and senate. No they get scared and toss each other under the bus.

Odd you should bring that up...

Trump has a propensity to throw people under the bus, no loyalty, no honor to those that support him.

www.aol.com...

Ever think, that might be part of Trumps problem and he brought this train wreck upon himself?
edit on 9-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

It's really not.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Oh look, same day as the FBI raid news leaks, the National Enquirer releases their own Manafort hit piece?

Why did Trump’s favorite tabloid launch a hit against Manafort the same day FBI raid news leaked?

n Wednesday morning, news leaked that the FBI last month had conducted a pre-dawn raid of former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort’s home in Alexandria, Virginia.

Roughly one hour later, the National Enquirer published an article allegedly exposing Manafort being involved in a “sick sex scandal” that involved affairs with women who were significantly younger than his wife.

The story lacks details...

It is a shot across the bow at Manafort by Trump...

www.nationalenquirer.com...

"Keep your mouth shut"...Or else.

He has done it before using the National Enquirer as a threat.

edit on 9-8-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Manafort was raided the week before last
the news breaks today...

Trump, today, starts wagging that (NK) doggies tail
cause and effect maybe ?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: dawnstar

Actually that was the "story" they came up with. When juniors emails were released it showed clearly the intent of the meeting was to receive damaging information on Clinton.
They say the lawyer left something behind when she left that meeting.

What were there...Like 6 or 7 people in the room?

My questions is ...who was the last to leave the room from Team Trump?

Cuz Donny Jr. would likely look to leave someone behind to work out details and keep himself as clean as possible..

Manafort, Kushner, Don Jr...

I suspect they left Paul in the room to work out the hows and when of the deal.

edit on 9-8-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
isn't this action illegal and beyond the jurisdiction of members of the legislative branch? they basically just copied what marudo and his backers did in venezuela when they raided the homes of their political rivals illegally.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
isn't this action illegal and beyond the jurisdiction of members of the legislative branch? they basically just copied what marudo and his backers did in venezuela when they raided the homes of their political rivals illegally.

You're kidding, right?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

still this was a raid supposedly. Not an undercover ops or some other covert operation. Everyone should have known about the raid the very same day. There is nothing gained by not releasing this information to the media immediately and the media reporting it immediately. There is something wrong when a raid is not mentioned the day it occurred. It is not classified information.

No one "released" this. Mueller and the FBI are still refusing to comment.

Pre-Dawn raid...Dark..in a presumably nice neighborhood where the home would sheltered from prying neighbors eyes.

Apart from the Special Counsel's Office and FBI...who still have not confirmed or denied..

Others in the know would be Manafort himself and his team of lawyers and anyone they talked to about it.

"Others in the know would be Manafort himself and his team of lawyers and anyone they talked to about it." This is why I am surprised this took two weeks to come to light. The people being investigated would know about the raid almost immediately and there is no reason not to report this sooner.

Why? Why would Manafort or his lawyers rush to report it?
Again the FBI and Special Counsel still haven't confirmed or denied it. They aren't talking.
This leaked from Manafort or family or friends or his legal circle IMO.

Also, the warrant for the search should have spelled out what the FBI was looking for. Thus, there is no reason not to admit to this raid. It makes it seem less than genuine unless there is a real reason not to tip your hand.

Right..The Warrant would definitely tip the Special Counsel's hand and a warrant would have had to been provided to Manafort, detailing what exactly they were searching for.

I think the reason this has stayed under wraps by Manafort and team so long is that Manafort is now cooperating..

And some lawyer on his team leaked this as a heads up to other potential targets in the investigation...Not least of which is Trump himself..See same day National Enquirer threat above.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere

uhhh...

Robert Mueller is not running for office. He is not a "Political Rival". He is a lifelong Republican BTW and employed by the Justice Department that reports to the President.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Yeah that changed from when I wrote that. They were saying June 26 th.
Thanks.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join