It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10-year-old offers to mow White House lawn

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
a reply to: DBCowboy

Remove the kid for growing up in a rebuplican household?
You do realize what you're saying, right?
So would you have all republican children take away until all parties involved were properly indoctrinated into your political philosophy?
That is extreme. Balls out, dude

I don't think you understood DBs subtle sense of humour... It is humour Pal...

Warmest

Lags

Cheers.

You are welcome, just send the crate of Whisky to my usual address.

Warmest

Lags

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yeah, I'll keep doing me and you keep being phony.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Yeah, I'll keep doing me and you keep being phony.

by all means, keep doing yourself. It's likely the only action you will see.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Oh. The jokes on me then. But you can't blame me for being triggered when there's masses of Americans who think that way

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

No offense, OP, but I hate these self-promoting types of "Hey, look at me, I can/will get some free publicity!" stuff.
My second thought is where are the parents in the outing of this charming child's attempt for attention?
My third thought is why did I even let any of this info creep into my sensibilities?

My first thoughts also. It would be one thing for the kid to think of this on his own, yeah that would be sweet. But at 10 years old, his parents would have done him a service by helping him to understand how our childhood dreams need to be tempered by the reality of the real world. But rather than that they likely stepped in and encouraged his self promotion to gain vicarious self esteem.

Adding to your one, two and three are:
4. Sure, as OP suggests, little Frank might be a future small business owner. Accent on the ''small'' as basically all the big business are already run by corporate power
5. And sure he might be a success however if this is an example of how he will succeed, it will be success by sucking off the government teat.

But other than that, if this is a genuine gesture on the part of a young boy in wanting to help our nation, you have to admit is is charming.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: Aliensun

No offense, OP, but I hate these self-promoting types of "Hey, look at me, I can/will get some free publicity!" stuff.
My second thought is where are the parents in the outing of this charming child's attempt for attention?
My third thought is why did I even let any of this info creep into my sensibilities?

My first thoughts also. It would be one thing for the kid to think of this on his own, yeah that would be sweet. But at 10 years old, his parents would have done him a service by helping him to understand how our childhood dreams need to be tempered by the reality of the real world. But rather than that they likely stepped in and encouraged his self promotion to gain vicarious self esteem.

Adding to your one, two and three are:
4. Sure, as OP suggests, little Frank might be a future small business owner. Accent on the ''small'' as basically all the big business are already run by corporate power
5. And sure he might be a success however if this is an example of how he will succeed, it will be success by sucking off the government teat.

But other than that, if this is a genuine gesture on the part of a young boy in wanting to help our nation, you have to admit is is charming.

And here is the winner of the wet, soggy ass blanket award. Congrats Terry! Your trophy for the win will be delivered just after all the participation trophies are handed out.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
He's got a way to go if he is going to beat out Clockboy.
edit on 9-8-2017 by Lysergic because: holy pinky piehole

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The boss probably said ,get a real story ,something that can be fact checked with names of sources ...It was the best they could come up with in a pinch and on such short notice .

Lol , CNN and real stories... well that's a mandela effect isn't it .

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
No Dude, I decline the award but would like to thank the committee anyway. I would have accepted this award willingly had I managed to find the thread early enough to have posted on the first page and set a tone that all the charming little boys in America may not be as charming as our dreams of the American Dream seem to us, however my trophy case will remain limited due to the fact that my post only showed up way down on the third page and any dampening effect it might have had will most likely have been watered down so as to not have squelched the patriotic fervor of your readers.

But seriously Dude, I love the idea of a little kid thinking he could help America. I LOVE it. But here is the thing for me. Why did his parents not suggest to him that this patriotism could be expressed by mowing the lawn of his neighbor for free, or how about mowing the lawn at church or in the city plaza. Maybe, were they to have done this, he would have started a community base for his future ''small business''. Word of mouth might have won him the hearts in his own town.

But no, not in the America we know today. In the America we know today, celebrity rules. I'ts branding, its big time gestures that count. ''The Kid Who Mowed the White House Lawn''. It's grab that 15 minutes of fame and ride it baby ride it. If this is the America you believe in then you can have it and proclaim it from the tops of the mountains of news, yet somehow I don't think that it is. My sense of your posts is that you, like me hold no love for that phony charade.

edit on 31America/ChicagoWed, 09 Aug 2017 13:22:44 -0500Wed, 09 Aug 2017 13:22:44 -050017082017-08-09T13:22:44-05:00100000022 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Excallibacca

Thats what they said bout o Slick Willie Clinton....

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I agree with Terry. This is more show than teaching. It's like enabling a child to believe in Santa Claus. I prefer Obama's way. He did that back-to-school speech in 2009. It wasn't very nice to the kiddies.

Some extracts:

I know that for many of you, today is the first day of school. And for those of you in kindergarten, or starting middle or high school, it’s your first day in a new school, so it’s understandable if you’re a little nervous. I imagine there are some seniors out there who are feeling pretty good right now, with just one more year to go. And no matter what grade you’re in, some of you are probably wishing it were still summer, and you could’ve stayed in bed just a little longer this morning.

I know that feeling. When I was young, my family lived in Indonesia for a few years, and my mother didn’t have the money to send me where all the American kids went to school. So she decided to teach me extra lessons herself, Monday through Friday – at 4:30 in the morning. Now I wasn’t too happy about getting up that early. A lot of times, I’d fall asleep right there at the kitchen table. But whenever I’d complain, my mother would just give me one of those looks and say, "This is no picnic for me either, buster."

But at the end of the day, the circumstances of your life – what you look like, where you come from, how much money you have, what you’ve got going on at home – that’s no excuse for neglecting your homework or having a bad attitude. That’s no excuse for talking back to your teacher, or cutting class, or dropping out of school. That’s no excuse for not trying.

Where you are right now doesn’t have to determine where you’ll end up. No one’s written your destiny for you. Here in America, you write your own destiny. You make your own future. That’s what young people like you are doing every day, all across America.

Brutal.

But we all know the news spins everything. If this boy had been declined in a "brutal" way, the lib media would have defended the boy. Conservative news networks do the same thing. Sad.

This kid may have a bright future, but do we need this show?
edit on 8/9/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

The article itself is actually quite uplifting...and from CNN yet. A breath of fresh air. Shame that you felt it necessary to use a truly inspiring story about a forward thinking, innovative young man as a vehicle by which to instigate another political brawl, as if we need more negativity and division here in this forum. We don't.

This is a story about a patriotic kid trying to inspire other Americans by offering to care for the White House greenery, showing that even a ten year old can make a difference. Hopefully the light that this young man is trying to shine is able to rise above petty political exploitation such as this and serve its true purpose...no matter how much ugliness simple people try to snuff it out with for their own personal entertainment.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I'll be interested to see how this can be spun into Trump being bad somehow.

Why would it be , the story's about a young entrepreneur touting for business , he could be your future President.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

edit on 9-8-2017 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

This is likely a psyop. It reeks of 198X's era hulk hogan chanting USA!USA! Back when America was great. What was Bruce Spreensteens most lucrative year?
Who would want us to get excited about feeling great about America again?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Only in Murica would an article about a boy wanting to now a damned lawn get turned into a political debate.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Obviously, this is fake news.

I mean, the OP source is CNN, and every time something is posted from CNN which doesn't shine positively on Trump, it's fake, right? But it's not fake if it fits the narrative, amirite?

That said, I always find it amusing when people post link to a viral video, or link to an article, about a minor who has a profound political opinion for the simple reason most of those opinions are directly influenced by the environment in which the child is raised. I was reading over some of my 5th grade required journal entries, and my then-political opinions were simply the product of my environment (and those of my parents), and were not opinions I formed in my own capacity.

LOL, which is a microcosm for, and the same as, the majority of people who can't think for themselves and whose political opinions are shaped by the 24/7 news punditry they watch, I guess.
edit on 9-8-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

originally posted by: watchitburn
It's work to be performed for the federal govt.

A contract should have gone up for bid so other companies could compete for the work.

Who authorized a non-competative contract for this kid?

Is he permitted to perform this labor for the Govt.?

What is the Ability One requirement for this type of labor?

Does he meet OSHA safety standards?

This was completely irresponsible of the President!

Its a kid.. that is 10 years old.. trying to prove a point. I highly doubt a kid would be capable of bidding and upholding a strict contract with the government as he is only... wait for it.. a KID.

Good on him. Good money in the lawn care and landscape industry.

Whoosh!

You completely missed it.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Are you disappointed yet? I'm surprised you are not disappointed that CNN hasn't spun it into finding a fault with Trump.
It's almost like you are begging for it like a 10-year-old child and going into temper tantrum when it doesn't go your way.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Dont forget...

1 didnt apply for casual business license
2 didnt carry liability insurance on the business or mower
3. He and his parents will be followed for the next 20 years by the opposition political parties to ensure they dont get any "breaks" in return for the gesture of cutting the grass
4. They will be "invited" * (sarcasm) to make a contribution to the Clinton Foundation so they can continue to "play"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join