It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paris attack: Police Hunt Driver who Ploughed into Soldiers on Patrol

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
as they say in America, if you lay down with dogs you`ll wake up with fleas.

They are so right in "America".

We in western Europe laid down, for decades, with the allegedly former united states(the dog) and in 2015 we woke up with the "fleas"(allegedly former united states made refugee stream)!

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You don't know that, you just believe what the tv told you without questioning it.

And you have special inside information??

Lets face it we all get the same information from the same places ....

Its all in the interpretation of it!!!!

Exactly yes all in the interpretation, in my view it is illogical to invade another country to put the people there in far more danger than they were before we invaded, then argue we needed to save the people from their leader.

edit on 9-8-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Exactly yes all in the interpretation, in my view it is illogical to invade another country to put the people there in far more danger than they were before we invaded, then argue we needed to save the people from their leader.

Sorry .... Have I missed something, When exactly did we invade Syria

I must have missed that news cast ....

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

No we are making their homeland unlivable and for some reason a bunch of them decided # it lets go get some revenge any way we can.

Well STOP it then, and maybe they will start doing more hugs for strangers on youtube.

Why do you want to make their homeland unlivable anyway? that's just mean. No wonder they want to kill you.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: eletheia

The Syrian war is a civil war ?

The roots of the Syrian war stem from Iraq and the intervention there , we lit the fuse of what would become the Arab Spring.

I sure wish YOU lot would stop doing all of this, then. YOU'RE causing a lot of death.

seriously...

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

No we are making their homeland unlivable and for some reason a bunch of them decided # it lets go get some revenge any way we can.

Well STOP it then, and maybe they will start doing more hugs for strangers on youtube.

Why do you want to make their homeland unlivable anyway? that's just mean. No wonder they want to kill you.

Why would want to play a game of semantics ?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Pentagon Furious After Turkey Leaks U.S. Base Locations In Syria

Original Turkish article

A Top General Admits US Is in Syria Illegally and Russia Would Be Justified to Question Its Presence

The roots of the Syrian war stem from Iraq and the intervention there , we lit the fuse of what would become the Arab Spring.
Civil war or not we and the other outside players involved are responsible for their actions and the causalities arising from them , a dead child is a dead child regardless of a name we give to a conflict and there have been many children killed in the so called war on terrorism.

Interview with Flemish priest in Syria: "Putin and Assad saved my life"

"The idea that a popular uprising took place against President Assad is completely false. I've been in Qara since 2010 and I have seen with my own eyes how agitators from outside Syria organized protests against the government and recruited young people. That was filmed and aired by Al Jazeera to give the impression that a rebellion was taking place. Murders were committed by foreign terrorists, against the Sunni and Christian communities, in an effort to sow religious and ethnic discord among the Syrian people. While in my experience, the Syrian people were actually very united.

And an older - similar - one :

An Eyewitness to the Syrian Rebellion: Father Frans in His Own Words

The real reason is well known thanks to the FBI publication of Clinton emails :

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

Pentagon Furious After Turkey Leaks U.S. Base Locations In Syria

I am not in the USA.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
To get back on topic, apparently they catched someone :

BFMTV - article in french

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
To get back on topic, apparently they catched someone :

BFMTV - article in french

Just been on Sky news .... and as usual being very coy on the culprit's nationality

edit on 9-8-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Can't wait to see how all these vehicular attacks alter the climate. Will private ownership of vehicles became illegal, like firearms?

How would they compensate, self driving cars, taxis, and busses only?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

a reply to: eletheia

The Syrian war is a civil war ?

Civil war or not we and the other outside players involved are responsible for their actions and the causalities arising from them , a dead child is a dead child regardless of a name we give to a conflict and there have been many children killed in the so called war on terrorism.

Put in the same situation would you not seek revenge ?

You and others keep saying that, yet the vast majority of attacks are by non Syrians. What's the excuse for that?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

a reply to: Tardacus

As we say in the UK , actions have consequences.
The US interventionist policy of recent years and doctrine of regime chance are the source of the problems we face today.

I disagree.

These same terrorist groups attack and kill people like other Muslims, is that because of US and UK policy too?

Did Boko Haram kidnap and rape all those girls in Africa. while butchering and burning alive little boys there because of US and UK foreign policy?

Many of these terrorist end up being from places like Somalia or other places that have not been invaded by the US or UK. In fact, many are citizens of the country, whose parents were taken in by those countries. Does that mean the US and UK deserve to be attacked for the policy of letting in Muslims?

Isis and others have blatantly said that there reason for the attacks have nothing to do with foreign policy decisions, they just want a world wide caliphate. Are you suggesting they are lying?

Its time to stop blaming all violence on the first world, and just admit that these terrorist want to kill people not for rational reasons, but because they are religious zealots.
edit on 9-8-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Can't wait to see how all these vehicular attacks alter the climate. Will private ownership of vehicles became illegal, like firearms?

How would they compensate, self driving cars, taxis, and busses only?

Reminds me of a video I watched a few weeks back, I believe it was a rebel media video covering the gay pride events in england. It had the younger fellow and that oddly hot yet "dark" looking blonde chick.

Anyway, had a great moment in it. She was interviewing a pride goer, they were standing next to a temporary installed car barrier. She asked what it was, he stated it was there to keep someone from driving into the event attendants. She immediately asked him who would do such a thing.....the young man just cracks a small smile(realizing the baited trap he walked into) and turned around and walked away.

Ignoring the problem and not wanting to "go against our side" isn't going to solve anything. I'm continually amazed at how stupid human beings are, it seems every few weeks I have to keep lowering the bar.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

The US interventionist policy of recent years and doctrine of regime chance are the source of the problems we face today.

Yeah i got a consequence for them. massive deportation back to the hellhole they came from and a bullet if they try to return. Since they are so unhappy after moving to another country they wont be happy anywhere.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Agreed, to a point. But the UK doesn't lack culpability as well, even if they're not the main culprit.

This is one of the big problems with alliances and treaties, IMO--when other countries make irrational decisions that cause wars and destruction, other countries are dragged into the conflicts, often reluctantly.

And people look at me funny when I say that my ideal foreign policy would be mostly isolationist...

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
Attacks like are the reason an entire religion is mistrusted and despised. How else would anyone who feels they under attack for not following a backward and barbaric religion feel?

True, but to be fair, just because I'm a white guy doesn't mean that I should be considered racist simply because the KKK and other white supremacy groups exist. Just because I'm a veteran doesn't mean that I automatically have PTSD or am suicidal, just because some do and are.

If we want to be an intelligent society, no matter in which geographical location we reside, we must first be able and willing to employ critical thinking skills, and not always throw the baby out with the bath water simply because that's the easy thing to do.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

There is what should be, and then there is what is. People may not be correct to be afraid of Islam, but the reality is that many are.
edit on 9-8-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

These same terrorist groups attack and kill people like other Muslims, is that because of US and UK policy too?

Al-Qaeda, and it's al-Nusra front, is the "moderate opposition" in Syria.

Did Boko Haram kidnap and rape all those girls in Africa. while butchering and burning alive little boys there because of US and UK foreign policy?

They had al-Qaeda links, too. And fundamentalism in Nigeria dates back to the decade after the British occupation.

Many of these terrorist end up being from places like Somalia or other places that have not been invaded by the US or UK. In fact, many are citizens of the country, whose parents were taken in by those countries.

Somalia was colonized by the Brits and later invaded by the Italian fascists. In fact, you're pretty full of it.

Isis and others have blatantly said that there reason for the attacks have nothing to do with foreign policy decisions, they just want a world wide caliphate. Are you suggesting they are lying?

Right. Perfectly honest terrorists, why shouldn't we trust em blindly? You really believe they're going to build an "islamic state" as well? And I thought the Gullible Fritz was gullible as it gets, but you've just blown the kitchen scales.

#BMWfugeez

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: Grambler

Al-Qaeda, and it's al-Nusra front, is the "moderate opposition" in Syria.

Yep. Its insane that we armed them. See my posts all over ATS on this.

So Al qaeda is attacking France because the US is arming and helping them in Syria? And this makes sense to you how?

They had al-Qaeda links, too. And fundamentalism in Nigeria dates back to the decade after the British occupation.

Yep you are right. Its Britains fault that Boko Haram raoed those girls. I mean, those girls had it comeing, cause Britain.
Makes sense.

Somalia was colonized by the Brits and later invaded by the Italian fascists. In fact, you're pretty full of it.

Yep so they attack France for Britians occupation. And I thought places like Britian and the US fought the Italian fascists? So Somalians attack the US because they fought the Italian fascists that invaded them?

You are making some great points!

Right. Perfectly honest terrorists, why shouldn't we trust em blindly? You really believe they're going to build an "islamic state" as well? And I thought the Gullible Fritz was gullible as it gets, but you've just blown the kitchen scales.

#BMWfugeez

What does it matter if I believe they will succeed? They say thaat is why there beliefs are.

If Isis was attacking because US foreign policy, what possible reason would they have for lying about that?

But apparently you are a mind reader. You know that when Isis leaders talk about wanting a world caliphate, they are lying, and they secretly do it because of US foreign policy, but the keep that a secret because of unknown reasons.

Hahahaha!!!!

Keep calling me names, while you tell us how the Isis is attacking the US because the US fought the Italians that invaded Somalia!

Hahaha!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join