It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
We should start an over 50 club.
originally posted by: booyakasha
I've felt this way since i was about 20.
Once you put on your "they live" glasses there is no going back.
The whole world is designed to keep the public as ignorant as possible. You are seeing through this.
It is very frustrating for me. I have to constantly remind myself that my purpose is to bring these idiots out of there coma and into reality.
originally posted by: Night Star
We should start an over 50 club. Yes, getting old sucks, but...
like the one where saving money ... that thing we were all taught to do ... is now a pseudo crime called Hoarding Money!
Since 2012 i physically cannot watch TV,in fact for that whole year i never entered my lounge.Something happened to me around end 2011 idk what but whatever it was affected me profoundly and permanently
originally posted by: Metallicus
1) I can't find a decent movie to go see.
2) Commercials are obviously not trying to get my dollars (not that they would anyway).
3) Why is all the new music about humping each other, expletives and making money with out working? Seriously? Music used to make you feel something without appealing to our most basic instincts.
4) Everything has a damn agenda. I know things 20 years ago sometimes had agendas, but now EVERYTHING has some agenda or is trying to exclude or include something, someone or an ideology.
5) People that think their life will end if they miss a Facebook update or a Tweet by some suck job celebrity. I mean, society acts like sitting under a tree reading a book is a BAD thing somehow?
..getting old sucks.
originally posted by: AlephOne
a reply to: SeaWorthy
No luck. All genetic. Both sides of my family have longevity, physical strength, good health, mental acuity, excellent bones, skin, hair and teeth working for them. Been enjoying my fortunate life all my life.
How about you?
originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Is it just this particular enclave of ATS that seems to be growing weary of the push for immorality, and the move to desensitize us to almost everything we once viewed as evil?
It seems the majority of the people posting here agree with you, and do not like or agree with the deterioration of our society, yet it is not slowing down.
The movie and music industry thrives off of dollars. Would they continue to make such crap if we aren't spending our hard earned dollars on the crap they are distributing?
I heard some of the vilest lyrics I have ever heard earlier this week, just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.
I am not sure it is even about the money anymore.