It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Semes, Trauma, and Mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I notice a lot of people here talk about "angels" "demons" "aliens", etc, which, of course, from the first-person perspective of the "experiencing mystic", must seem like the real deal, especially given the intensity of the feelings felt and the nature of perceptions.

But occult and mystic "secrets", although interesting as an ontological phenomenon, steers far away from coherency when we decide to vacate the 3rd person objective perspective simply because the world is supposedly "nondual" i.e., nothing apparently matters beyond "what" the nondual perspective reveals about things.

And yet, reality allows us to analyze things at a 1st person, 2nd person and 3rd person vantage point - all interesting and relevant, but for the scientist-philosopher, the mystic perspective, after experienced, is "unpacked" so that it can be made sense of in a way that doesn't mindlessly invoke the beliefs of people who havent done much reading, and, being just as needy as the rest of us, is likely to experience himself enervated by the Godhead perspective, and so be unable to disengage to see what it does and doesn't reveal about reality.

The biggest and most obvious problem that many users here don't understand, because they haven't studied the development of the brain-mind from embryogenesis to early-life, is that neural patterns are strongly-set in place in the first 2 years of life, which means, if the child happesn to experience traumatic affect arousal, such an affect-arousal will be with that person for that persons life time, acting upon the formation of other 'semes' which associate in some way with that seme.

As an organism with a mind and a deep abiding interest in studying and understanding reality, I want to know things accurately: I don't want to be taken away by fantasy or fear. At the same time, I am cognizant of the claims mystics make about the nature of reality, which, from my perspective, must be "unpacked" within the general biodynamical-framework of the brain-body-minds embeddement in its PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT to be made meaningful.

Now, I'm not a mystic. I read into it, but I have no interest in pursuing such things, inasmuch as I think it takes over a persons affective interests, predominantly by "dulling" their sense of the reality or validity of the world around them, which comes to be experienced as mere "maya".

Maya, I wonder, may be a confused concept, borne from a mind-society (Indian subcontinent) that was fundamentally unequal, which is to say, fundamentally organizing the brain-minds which emerge in those societies in terms of the symmetry dynamics that occur when humans observe/relate to one another in certain ways.

So where does the problem lie? A seme is the same idea as Richard Dawkins "meme", but with an ontological connotation of 'meaning". The mind really is composed/assembled by memes, just as the body is assembled by molecules. And, just as the molecular assemblages are logical, so are the semes.

As a therapist and someone whose read more than his fair-share of vignettes detailing a persons delusion, I try to be as aware as possible that when I communicate with Others, I am prone to "assimilate" their object-relations, and so, come to experience my reality in terms of their reality. I get, as they say, "sucked into the illusion".

The whole depressed/removed response from reality that seems to accompany a persons response after experiencing nondualism, seems, from my perspective, to be a textbook example of what trauma does to human brain-minds: even brain-minds that experience such wonderful and "terrifying" and utterly surreal things, from a perspective far-above the human norm, seems to shock the brain-mind is such a way as to produce a complete sense of derealisation: indeed, derealisation, as a clinical phenomenon expressed by traumatized people, is essentially the same as the perceptual state produced by brain-minds who experience this mode of reality.

The importance of the epistemological significance of "different perspectives" is that they all yield valuable and useful knowledge, yet for traumatized brain-minds which hold asymmetric semes, seeing reality from "up above" produces not just a disenchantment with the causally-relevant outside world, but a complete and utter hatred of it: see the Matrix for the sort of psychological state the Wachowski bothers (now sisters) must have been in, and still must be in, because they couldn't disengage from the significance from that perspective of reality.

Undoubtedly, my capacity to "move between" multiple modes of being in a way that is skeptical is aided by my not being member to any society, or any group, that would put me, or hold me, within the confines of a "social-system" that is utterly determining of the nature of my response, even if, ironically enough, the perspective my group is hyper-individualistic.

Think about this: social-scientists and relational psychoanalysts - perspectives that simply didn't exist in the ancient world - have shown again and again how peoples needs as a social-self "steer" consciousness towards cues/ideas that are useful in the present context. These views show humans to be the self-confabulating, Bull-$hit mongers that they frequently are, especially when fear is present in processing of a particular issue.

Why don't some people care about this? Is this site, or this forum, "really" full of people who present themselves as knowers of very deep things? Or, conversely, is it possible that the nature of the myth, based as it on a particular experience of self-in-world-yet-alienated-from-world, combined with reappearing social situations, merely scaffolding the reproduction of bad-philosophy based upon an incomplete understanding of thigns, and worse still, entailing a naïve trust in ones own unconscious dynamics?

Self-organization underlies EVERYTHING, yet for some reason, interactions with spiritual-entities is superficially treated as "true". The transforming myths of our time necessarily derive, just as earlier ideas did, from the technological, cultural and intellectual developments in the society-in-question. Space-aliens aren't real; they reflect the humans own awareness of themselves. If alienation describes ones experience, and if the idea of evolution has been introduced into the semiosphere, as it had by the time the idea appeared, then putting one and the other together naturally produces an idea of the human being evolving towards something like a "space-alien".

The yin-yang dynamic, at least as it pertains to consciousness, seems very much built around our desires and needs; indeed, the semes are in us - as our brains - so that the self-organizing production of coherent materials is really no different from what dreaming does.

Finally, the semes of early-life experience precede - since they come first psycho-developmentally - and so act like a "container" and "context" - at the feeling level - for whatever is produced "up above".

The topological analysis of humans in terms of systems dynamics MUST be considered, lest society fall back into the subjectivist mystical fantasies of earlier cultures and take with it all hope of sane and rational progress.
edit on 8-8-2017 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Another important point for those of you still able to think rationally: if you happen to see things from "up above", and don't like how you feel afterward, FORGET about the experience because remembering it, recalling it, and worse of all, identifying with it, will move you into the worse kind of psychological isolationism, and perhaps, also, a false sense of having achieved something of tremendous spiritual significance.

Trauma burns its effects into brain-dynamics, and it isn't a process that can be reversed if the trauma happened in the early-life. The person will again and again have those experiences return, just as they do in me, because your brain is a thermodynamic system that doesn't forget. It remembers, and when "you" look upon the world from up high, and the world looks "evil", it is that trauma, that suffering, which is always about the OTHER BEYOND YOU, which compels the negative/depressive response in question.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
For all you know, you typed that entire OP while semi-coherent, and it is all drivel.

All possibilities, are possible at once.

Mind-boggling...

Think about it... can you prove anything? Can I?

Do ANY of us have any idea who we truly are?

...besides the inventors of "Froot Loops"...
edit on 9-8-2017 by madmac5150 because: the galaxy hates froot loops

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
For all you know, you typed that entire OP while semi-coherent, and it is all drivel.

Mind-boggling...

For what it is worth, the galaxy loves froot loops.

We may have a purpose, after all...

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

Do not worry, I know it's my trauma only.
You see, I have an older brother that dropped me on my head when I was a baby(probably he wanted to kill me), and there I got my first trauma.
And don't forget my mother is a chemist, I've been fed with strong chemical compound since the womb.
What a life, ah!?

I just ain't getting why you call me "brain-mind", my name is... Argent and I prefer the .38 Special trauma method, instead of the Gregorian drama 🎭. Call it cognitive dissonance if you will.

edit on 9-8-2017 by Argentbenign because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
It is possible due to the issue of quantum mechanics to treat our wave aspects as nothing but probability waves, as in not related to how awareness is possible, is incorrect. It is possible that consciousness translate in an exacting way to such a condition and therefore like a tree that falls generates sound waves despite no one can hear them.

The process of awareness and/or consciousness is accurately represented despite our inability to comprehend such an orientation that incorporates the common senses, as we currently define them.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Mind-boggling...

For what it is worth, the galaxy loves froot loops.

We may have a purpose, after all...

Perhaps you feel that "Froot Loops" dominate the galaxy but have you forgotten Fruity Pebbles!!!

WHAT ABOUT "Frosted Flakes"?????!!!!

And then there was Count Chocula and Franekenberry RIP

You and those who agree with you!!! We know who you are!!! We know what you did!!!

No more Marshmallows in cereal Huh? Except for Lucky Charms???!!!!

Sadists!!!

Marshmallow Alpha-Bits, introduced in 1990, contained frosted alphabet-shaped corn cereal bits and marshmallows. This variation of the original Alpha-Bits cereal contained marshmallow vowels: pink A's, yellow E's, purple I's, orange O's, green U's, and, later, blue Y's. Over time, the marshmallows underwent changes such as super-swirls and splits in their colors. As of 2011, Marshmallow Alpha-Bits have been discontinued.
Marshmallow Alpha-Bits were invented by a small-time entrepreneur named Andrew R. Miller and his cousin Andrew W. Peterson, the latter of whom was a chef at a local restaurant in upstate New York. The pair sold the idea to Post in 1989.[citation needed]
In August 2005, Post Cereals introduced sugar-free Alpha-Bits cereal [1].

In some regions, such as the southeast, Marshmallow Alpha-Bits were removed from shelves by 2000.

en.wikipedia.org...

HERITICS!!!!!!

edit on 9-8-2017 by Kashai because: added content

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Great thread

Would love to pick your brain - the idea that humans are 'aware' of space-aliens because they have really just become aware of themselves is pretty decent.

If I ever see anything people would deem to be 'supernatural' I have a clear explanations for what I have seen, human minds are extremely colourful and people love to live in / feed their delusional states, delusions of grandeur and all...

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Hmmm. . .

Wait until you meet and interact with some of the critters out there for yourself

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Interesting. Throughout many of your threads you place great emphasis on trauma? Can you more clearly define what trauma means to you? What is so special or what significance do you attribute to trauma? It seems to be a recurrent meme in your threads.

I notice a lot of people here talk about "angels" "demons" "aliens"

If we are to attempt some level of understanding through this exchange, as to the complex nature of some of your reasoning I must call you out here for being inaccurate in your statement. We read what is on the screen, not talk through the screen. Please don't see this as a mere attack on common usage of "talk". The reason as surely you must understand looking back over your own writings is you appear to discard these aspects of mysticism as being delusional and yet in other instances speak of yin-yang, or: "incarnating mind"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

the mind is the actuated potential - the potentia made real - incarnated in the bodies we inhabit. This mind moves back and forth, and sometimes, through a collective objectification, we can "incarnate" mind in the physical space between us - a space which may exist, paradoxically, as subject to the way and manner we process the reality between one another. As such, people of "a like mind" can conduct particularly feelings between them. There is a "quantum superposition" between them because they each possess the inner "sign" (trauma, indoctrination, etc) that metabolizes (makes meaning) of the world (external sign) in the same way.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
thanks for sharing this information.

it bothers me that your advice is to "forget it".

my personal bird's eye perspective, which i am no doubt 'stuck' in, was developed through a couple of decades worth of heavy research combined with a generous sprinkling of psychedelic visions.

for that reason, i am strongly identified with the unique understanding i have been endowed with and accordingly entirely unwilling to "forget". i am not sure if it would even be possible TBH.

nevertheless, i can see (from your explanation) how the resultant negative outlook (when combined with inner trauma) has literally occupied my mind in a non-beneficial way.

i suppose that i am to remain stuck?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I just blame my parents. It's all their fault-everything bad that's ever happened to me.

new topics

top topics

join