It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump gets a folder full of positive news about himself twice a day

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: FissionSurplus

Contacted by VICE News, Spicer disputed the nature of the folder. “While I won’t comment on materials we share with the president, this is not accurate on several levels,” he said in an email. Asked what about the story was inaccurate, Spicer did not respond.

I know this was already quoted, but the article is dated today and they're talking to Spicer, who no longer works for this administration?

Not only fake news, but SLOPPY fake news. Nice try at character assassination, NO CIGAR.

Or else it's true and Trump's "you're fired" policy is making those that he chucked out start to feel like they want to get back at him by revealing things that they know. Things that don't show him in a very good light.

If you're not loyal to people, they won't stay loyal to you.

is this an impeachable offence?

That would depend on how the firing is being used. If it's being used to block investigators from investigating criminal activity or treason, then yes it would fall under "high crimes and treason."

Impeachments have been brought for all sorts of reasons during American history. If you could get enough support, you could probably remove someone from office for not picking up their dog poop.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Is this true or not? I saw it on the news last night. It just sounds too bizarre to be true.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Here's some bad news for Trump

CNN Cuts Ties With Jeffrey Lord After Nazi Salute Tweet

www.huffingtonpost.com...

CNN ended its relationship with political commentator Jeffrey Lord after he tweeted “Sieg Heil” on Thursday.

“Nazi salutes are indefensible,” a CNN spokesperson said in a statement. “Jeffrey Lord is no longer with the network.”

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Ha ha. Yeah you funny.

Not...

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

And yet he's the one getting the folder...

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah right? Too bad it's NOT ABOUT Hillary huh?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Seems you nor WaPo care to address the context.

The tweet was directed at Angelo Carusone, the president of Media Matters for America. Lord wrote an op-ed calling Media Matters a “fascist” group for launching a campaign to get advertisers to pull their support for Fox News’ Sean Hannity.

They said Nazi so they must be part of that organization......makes sense.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Is this true or not? I saw it on the news last night. It just sounds too bizarre to be true.

The binder thing?

It certainly is more realistic than Trump being some kind of "God King Emperor". What Americans saw/see in this guy is beyond me, but I think I've narrowed it down:

Annoy left-of-center people. Punish them. "Trigger" them or whatever stupid buzzword they want to use. Seriously. The GOP/conservative party spent 8 years being the hyperbolic, histrionic party of obstruction and "resistance". They don't know how to govern, lead, build, create or innovate.

Trump is a failure of a businessman, a slime ball of a human, and terrible at dealing with the complexities of geopolitics. He's utterly unfit and ill-prepared to be POTUS. Trump fanatics have to realize this. They must know. They must see it and not care though, why?

They want revenge and to piss off all the people that got them so worked up and angry for the last 8 years.

I've tested this theory. This theory gets the strongest reaction out of Trump fans out of any other theory I've proposed. This tells me that I'm hitting close to home somewhere. Generally, the more defensive a person is ... the closer to the truth it is.

Ever notice how defensive a cheating girl/boyfriend or spouse gets when they're accused of cheating? Yeah...

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Well, let's not mince too many words ... Trump is the absurdist emblem of a fading demographic of power ... old, white, male.

He is preposterous, braggadocious, hypersensitive, arrogant and violent. And those are his good qualities ...

One notices that, regardless of the point of departure, Trump acolytes have the greatest issues with what they see as "opposing demographics" ... non-White, female, younger.

For many, Trump seems to be an icon of what was ... sort of a "last, best hope."

edit on 11-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

For many, Trump seems to be an icon of what was ... sort of a "last, best hope."

And if that's the case, it's an embarrassingly desperate "last, best hope".

Perhaps that explains the disturbing fanaticism and dedication they feel they owe him?

It isn't Trump himself so much as the people who've fallen under his spell. These people would have us all living in A Handmaid's Tale or something. They probably watch that show and nod vigorously in agreement at how a bunch of militant Christians overthrew the US government and installed a military junta. I honestly think if you sat them down and had them watch they'd find it "entertaining" instead of "disturbing".

And that's what's concerning. Conservatives have moved themselves so insanely far to the ends of the political spectrum (which they'll deny, deny, deny) -- everyone else seems like a communist. Hell, Hillary Clinton is like a RINO everywhere else in world. America is the most conservative democracy on Earth.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

I consider their chant: "Make America Great AGAIN" ... its a koan, a slogan and a prayer.

America is already the most powerful nation militarily and economically. Our status in these areas is greater than ever before in world history.

So, where does the "AGAIN" come in?

I am certainly not accusing all Trump followers of racism, sexism or anything of that nature. Those are easy.

The situation has gone beyond all that. The only way they can return to their Great America ... is to absolutely deny reality. Many of them, as you rightfully point out, are religious fundamentalists as well ... so theres's also, there's the suicidal imperative of that failed or failing narcissism: "If I can't have it, no one can. It's better to destroy than to let the heathens have it."

It is that ... psychotic tendency ... that is the most concerning, particularly as it seems like, at this moment, it's about to get us into a nuclear-armed conflict.
edit on 11-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join