It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teleportation is possible, but how long will it be until humans can use the technology?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98

HOW CAN WE TELEPORT THINGS?

Fear scientists, here's how it's done:

You take your right leg, then you place it an yard ahead over yonder. In the same manner, propagate your left leg and place it next to the right. Congrats, you have teleported yourself, Alice!

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: coomba98

If they ever mange to do it, they should have a fail-safe "filter" to detect and eliminate any foreign objects such as a housefly, which could contaminate the information for the proper teleportation of a human being.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Even if it were somehow possible to teleport living matter, and the obstacles of doing so are rather immense, you have to consider whether or not whatever you get at the other end is indeed a complete facsimile of the original?

The question begs are we greater than the sum of our parts?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Maybe if we are infinite beings we have specific and individual code, like a Rubik's Cube.

Our soul/spirit/insert could be attached to the code rather than the physical. In this age, I think we are about to find out how little we have understood so far.

Interesting times with interesting theories. I tend not to dismiss so easily these days.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: PurpleHorizon

However if you were somehow able to teleport a person, how could you be sure so as to transport any unknown/unobservable code?

If our brains are a form of quantum computer that interacts with the quantum realm in ways we are only just beginning to realise and try to fathom and understand what would happen should said connection ever be severed by such a transport?

Seems to me that something is always going to be lost in translation.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Teleportation is possible, but how long will it be until humans can use the technology?

There are safe guards in place preventing us developing this technology. Physics is too demanding.

Sort of like not being able to time travel in this dimension. Time is fixed at the constant slow rate of forward...

Space is fixed at the here and now, moving objects out of time and space isn't allowed, from here.

A close parallel about the reason why was apparent in both films Stargate, and The Abyss.

For 'safety' reasons, a control office was sent along with a nuclear weapon, just in case.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
It could be that when reassembled with all its parts as a whole that in itself is the code. Awakening the soul.

I am just going along here .... my head is full of so much recent info that I'm juggling for context myself.

a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

It sounds like even if you COULD teleport a human, you still can't send the spirit/soul/personality along for the trip.

You'd have a living, breathing dummy...no?

I have made this case with Transhumanism as well. When and if you can download your brain you only create a clone of your brain this doesn't transfer your consciousness. And here is the kicker we still do not know what consciousness is so how do we transfer it?

Now apply this to Quantum teleportation if this is ever a possibility you create a clone great! Now there are are 2 of you! Not really teleporting are you...

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Actually, the Stargate stores a pattern of the person in a buffer, it gets erased after every dialing - it's how they saved Teal'c when he got stuck in the Stargate - it can be used to make several copies of the person, however the Ancients (the race that created the Stargate technology, our ancestors) created a protocol to erase the backup buffer on every dial.

They also use teleportation on their ships and the Quantum Mirror that sends you into alternate dimensions, and the Furlings (one of the 4 great races we do not get to see) race that uses a Gateway to send people to a distant moon, just like in Star Trek.

Stargate Creates Artificial Wormhole, dematerializes and stores the Object in a Buffer when it enters, sends it to the other side, rematerializes it from the buffer, when the Stargate is dialed again it deletes the buffer to receive the new object.

I know my Stargate well, every last second of it is stored in my head at instant recall.
edit on 9-8-2017 by MuonToGluon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

It sounds like even if you COULD teleport a human, you still can't send the spirit/soul/personality along for the trip.

I have made this case with Transhumanism as well. When and if you can download your brain you only create a clone of your brain this doesn't transfer your consciousness. And here is the kicker we still do not know what consciousness is so how do we transfer it?

I read a science-fiction book called Prison of Souls that dealt with this topic a bit. Highly recommended. Anyway, the key to turning the human consciousness digital, in this fictional world, was to convert the actual living brain cells one at a time into quantum-state nanites, in a way that allowed for the consciousness of the subject to remain ACTIVE during the entire transfer, and then to transfer this digital brain into the computer grid.

It's a flight of fancy, I know. But it was cool anyway.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Unless they figure out how to create life and to bring the dead back to life....... they have no hope of teleporting anything.......... more than a pile of atoms, arranged in a particular way.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zimnydranmore than a pile of atoms, arranged in a particular way.

That's pretty much all life is, though. Well, everything, for that matter (no pun intended).

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It's not teleportation in the sic-fi sense though, they just hijacked the word. They use entanglement to force a particle into the same spin state as the original particle.

So even if we could actually know the spin of every atom in a persons body and put that information onto a pile of atoms somewhere else it would not re-create the person. They are not "teleporting" the wave function.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

Now apply this to Quantum teleportation if this is ever a possibility you create a clone great! Now there are are 2 of you! Not really teleporting are you...

Right you are! That's why I said that unless we can transfer or duplicate the Spirit/Soul/Personality, you'd just have a living dummy. Maybe he/she could learn a lot by hanging out with people, though.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I do not have a problem with the "soul" part, if you're scanning everything at the sub atomic level, the same person with the same memories and personality is going to be reformed.

I have issue with...how: How are they going to take a snapshot of the position of every single sub atomic particle of the person to even begin to teleport them in the first place.

That process is going to dematerilise them anyway (I don't care about the clone debate, you're taking an exact snapshot of the person, uploading it, and rematerializing it on the other end, you kind of have to if you want to teleport someone), which to me is the same person.

HOW are they exactly going to do that is my question.

It's similar to if you know what every particle in the Universe is doing at the exact same time, you can predict all events in the Universe at will.
edit on 9-8-2017 by MuonToGluon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MuonToGluon

The biggest problem is the amount of information for example each cell would require 10 to the 10th power. So one cell would requite 10000000000 bits. The human brain is even worse since you have to also include the electrical levels in neurons. So a brain would take to 2.6×10 to the 42. That's a whole lot of information.So let's say you transfered it at 30GHz, it would take 4.85×10to the 15 years to complete. This is longer then the universe has been in existence the computer you would need to buffer this information would be the size of several galaxies. Most likely scientists would cheat read the DNA assemble acxordingly. But to transfer memory intact would still take billions of years.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I agree.

I can understand teleportation at the atomic level, let's say a brick - however a biological entity, just no.

If we can in the future figure out how the human brain actually works, I can believe a Mind Upload that is mixed with a clone of the person (or even a biological android), the Upload is sent across space to a colony to a prebuilt clone or android awaiting the Upload.

Teleportation now? We simply have no means or even any knowledge of how to do a Sub Atomic scan, we don't even know the basics of any theory of the building blocks leading up to the branch of teleportation.

It's good to ponder, but to claim it is possible or we will be doing it in the distant future? Oh hell no.
edit on 10-8-2017 by MuonToGluon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
You would have to map out trillions of atoms in real time before we'd be able to use teleportation. This would require the use of extremely powerful quantum computers and the ability to store, disburse, and reconstitute the person in accordance with the quantum map.

You'd basically need a Star Trek level transporter, or a device similar to it.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I just want to leave this here as it may or may not interest some that has to do with teleportation and actual time travel devices.

On National Geographic, Neil deGrasse Tyson hosts a show called StarTalk.

I think it was episode 5 or 6 from the second season where Michio Kaku was a guest.

Michio goes on to say soem rather eye opening things, it was kept vague but really makes you want interrogate the guy to get as clear and simple explanation for what he says during that show.

They are talking about quantum teleportation and how its been possible for a few years now.

They also talk about the possibilities of time travel and Michio mentions the 'working devices' that are around.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98
In 1,000 years time, this might actually be a possibility, scientists believe.

There's probably an even bigger chance that humanity will be either gone or in much difference circumstances in 1,000 years.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join