It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck is going on at Skinwalker Ranch?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

I guess the TV shows and programs of Skinwalker Ranch and activities there are commercial gigs as well, where revenues of some sort may be expected.

That said, there is no way in this universe I would haul my buttocks to that place, and end up chewed by the ice age time warping mega-size wolf, jurassic raptors or zapping alien orbs ... Even though reports say the wormhole is by now closed already, but still, what has happened there is such terror, I really won't volunteer as a test dummy.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
In the past month or so, George Knapp said something on Twitter about renewed/increasing activity. But no more details AFAIK

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Incorrect sir.

I have seen ghosts and ufos that defy explanation, and I'm very open to discuss just about anything.

I however must reluctantly classify the Skinwalker lore as mostly gossip and exaggeration or even a very poor explanation for something commonplace anywhere on Earth (inexplicable occurances).

The explanations proposed are generally absurd, like vortex portholes and witchcraft. None of that makes any sense if you question it deeply.

The government didn't convince me of that, I came to that conclusion on my own after careful analysis.

Although it's a fallacy, I could reverse that argument back at you and say "The government perpetuates the Skinwalker myth because it's so absurd that it make most people look insane thus discrediting everything else they say"...

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
..meanwhile, the old Sherman ranch is a registered trademark ..

I dont know the latest news about the phenomena there, maybe it is gotten a bit more calm..
but I would advice nobody getting in there 'for fun' ..these are old spirits..

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
That's all you ever hear are 3rd hand reports of "activity". Since it's private land, no actual documented activity is ever released. It's all unnecessarily secretive. That makes it hard for me to really get into it.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jordan77

The book 'Hunt for the Skinwalker' does have some 1st and 2nd hand reports. The secrecy by Bigelow/NIDS is frustrating. Either the reality of it is something considered so mind blowing they are afraid to let it out, or....They don't really know what's going on and are as in the dark as the rest of us. IMO that is the most likely, at least according to what I know

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I hope they have a Ferris wheel,
I like Ferris wheel's and bumper cars.
maybe a ghost train too IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
They're cashing in on its popularity, that's all.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
From what I've experienced with paranormal sites. They want negative energy spreading in people and whatever spirits/entities are lurking there with little human contact it could be bad. But people are still curious and will go there some for thrills. Until you've experienced a ghost or demon latching onto you its nothing to play around with they can make you see, hear and do all kinds of craziness.

It needs to stay closed to the public and those things need to stay in their ecosystem. Just me two cents.
edit on 13-8-2017 by Traveler3000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
a reply to: muzzleflash

That just isn't true. I have spoken to native Americans down there and things happen that do not have any contemporary explanation. The fabric of space is bent there like a vortex, and things are "getting through" from somewhere else that shouldn't be. Add to that the witchcraft and black magic being used to help those things get here is another facet of it.

And the physics of science do allow for this to happen. The difficult part for people is in not denying that bad things can come through those doors and hurt you. No government would want to admit that, especially if they can't do squat about it. So that is why you don't believe in it, because the government pays really good money to ridicule it all.

How about we take this one at a time?
Altho I understand your point.

It is a area of high strangeness and since it's been reported by everyone for many years BEFORE the Gormans purchased the property. So just giving it a snazzy new name "Skinwalker Ranch" is just hype.

The whole Basin is actually area of high strangeness, same as in Colorado and many other places.
That's an important thought right there, because the ranch actually isn't unique. It just got a crap-ton of publicity. Once you realize it's just one of many places this type of phenom occurs it's easier to put things in perspective.

Next is that a Skinwalker is someone, A HUMAN, who belongs to a very bad medicine society. It's NOT some separate entity-boogyman. The society does not function around healing, it is NOT sanctioned or approved by Native Peoples and is aberrant. They do practice witchcraft of a "sort" but are shunned within their communities.

Because someone saw a oversized dog morph into something else does NOT mean it's a legitimate Skinwalker. Many entities mess with your perception and seemingly defy the laws of physics as we know them. Thats where our science needs to play catch-up.

Why certain locations function as a freaky cesspool I can only speculate. It does however seem to be a natural function and usually if you find a really nasty place there is a very decent place not too far off. In the case of the Ranch I have not seen anyone know to look for the corresponding site, or inquire about it. This taking place over a wide area, I'd expect the corresponding place to be further away than just down the road.

Which begs the question if you don't even know the basics what the heck are you doing monkeying around?

As to space ect being bent and things using doorways. Just because you didn't know these types of entities exist doesn't mean they pop in from somewhere else. Is it easier for them to make themselves known in that area? Looks like it, but we'd be jumping the gun pushing portals and doorways and running around with our hair on fire.

No doubt there's some wicked nasty stuff running around out there but most locals avoid it and we just keep running at it expecting it to make sense. Instead of leaving it alone. Then we're surprised when bad stuff happens.

Now from what I've read some posters think a amusement park there would be NEAT-O!
That's some SERIOUS "Hey Bubba! Watch THIS!!!" stupidity going on right there. On the other hand who am I to deny a Darwin Award contestant their chance at winning?

If you look at what's happened so far the phenom came on suddenly, it was unexpected and went full-bore. Then over a sustained period of time it's petered out. They discussed how it only ramped up with a new person's intro to the place.
So...just because no ones been seriously hurt "Yet" doesn't mean the Pheom hasn't been adapting and learning. Right now it doesn't have the Oomph to keep up sustained contact but we don't know that that factor won't change. "It" does do hit and run guerrilla type attacks, or attempts at communication. However never the same type twice.

How does this in all honesty strike anyone as something to entertain themselves with or a suitable spectator sport?
SMH

Have to agree with NoCorruptionAllowed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join