It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck is going on at Skinwalker Ranch?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I just saw this over on Ryan Skinner's Skinwalker FB page. I'm not sure what it means, but it sounds like the group (Adamantium) that owns the ranch might be looking to make the ranch an entertainment destination. I can't vouch for the accuracy of this information, or if it means what I think it does, or something totally different. Anyone have any ideas?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Interesting..who would actually go to Paranormal Park?

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Unless the membership around here is fake as sh!t, and I don't think it is, I'd say most of us would find a way out there.

There are a select few spots on this globe that truly pique ones interest, this is one of them.

edit on 8-8-2017 by BestinShow because: Add a 't'

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Unless the membership around here is fake as sh!t, and I don't think it is, I'd say most of us would find a way out there.

There are a select few spots on this globe that truly pique ones interest, this is one of them.

True.

I'm a scaredy-cat though and everything I've read about Skinwalker Ranch tells me to stay the hell away. I ain't mess with that stuff.

If all the testimony is true, no one should really be going there and expecting good things.

edit on 8-8-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
If the goal is to open the ranch up to the public then it seems there must be a reason. Could it really be as simple as greed? Sure. But this is a conspiracy site after all so what about something better?

What if the intent is to try to trigger a response? Or if whatever was causing the phenomena previously has been found and removed or otherwise neutralized? Then it would be totally safe to cash in.

I don't trust it a bit and I'd be down to visit on opening day. Keep us posted as this develops, please. I need to know when to take off of work...
edit on 8-8-2017 by Noncents because: Removed Unnecessary Punctuation

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

It's probably listed as entertainment because if it were listed as scientific they would need additional licenses and would have additional inspections. This would not only be more expensive but they also may not be able to get the licenses for scientific research as the areas to be researched are not readily accepted by the scientific community.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Maybe the aliens have grown tired of cows blood and wish for a feast of humans!

It does seem unusual and must be for money, but isn't the owner Bigeleow? He bought it in 96.

Google says Adamantium Holdings owns the place as of 2016, so I guess it is for the money now. I am surprised no millionaire has bought the place just to see what is there out of curiosity.

From a CT perpsective, perhaps it's purpose is for gathering multiple people to witness the real disclosure.... aliens appearing from another dimension!
edit on 3amf31135831 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Sounds like it would be fun holiday destination .

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Well call me ignorant but I had actually thought all along it was an attraction that you paid to go to. I don't keep up with it, needlesss to say. First time I heard about it was when the guy running it or whatever he is, was on here posting things he seemed to be selling.

Due to that I'm not really convinced it's an authentic alien hotspot. I just saw a money making scheme. Yes it would attract a lot of members from here and that was why he was posting on here!

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

It's probably listed as entertainment because if it were listed as scientific they would need additional licenses and would have additional inspections. This would not only be more expensive but they also may not be able to get the licenses for scientific research as the areas to be researched are not readily accepted by the scientific community.

I believe entertainment is the disclaimer it's not real.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Skinwalker ranch is a portal to hell. I wouldn't go there if I were paid to.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Lets' sum up Skinwalker Ranch...... Lets's start a rumor. Let's let that rumor run rampant. Let's not let anyone onto the property (ever) and let's write a book about it. All the while not letting anyone other than those that are pocketing the cash onto the property....Sounds like a paranormal cash cow.....or did that cash cow get ate by the aliens that inhabit the land or the Indian Skinwalkers ?? Start a rumor.....forbid anyone from investigating your rumor. Sit back and build a mountain of retail around said rumor. Watch the cash flow in. Someone somewhere is making bank of the rumors of Skinwalker Ranch. My advice until you go there & see with your own eyes a Skinwalker or alien then take the stories with a grain of salt. And keep your money in your pocket.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

i has to agree :

" they " ramped up the fear and hype - with nothing more than un-evidenced annecdotes

have maintained the claim " its too dangerous for ANYONE "

and now they want to host paying clients

to paraphrase " helen lovejoy [ the simpsons ] " :

" "Won't somebody please think of the legal liabilities "

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Haven't people (i.e., non-residents of the property) been paying the owners of the property to visit there?

If so, then I think legally the property needs to be registered as an attraction or a hotel or something similar. Most states have regulations that don't allow a property owner to have other people paying money to stay on the property without it being appropriately registered as certain places of business that allows for that -- such as an "attraction".

Being legally registered by the State of Utah as an "attraction" will mean they have the proper licenses and being subject to what ever rules Utah has regulating "attractions", plus being subject to whatever taxes apply (hotel taxes, etc,) -- which would allow the owners to take money from visitors in return for those people visiting the property.

If they weren't properly registered before (and maybe they were, because this says it's a "renewal"), then they most likely were not running their business legally.

edit on 2017/8/9 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I'm not even sure it is meant to be a tourist attraction, there was speculation that all this is just for trademarking 'Skinwalker Ranch'. But if they are doing that, there's gotta be money involved somehow.

We need to get George Knapp, or someone in the know here for an AMA on the topic

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Seems like the perfect spot for a kindergarten graduation party.

But to discuss the OP, it's trademark descriptions don't really mean anything about intended use of the property, at least, I don't believe that it's legally binding that they must use it in that way. It probably does give them the freedom to eventually use it as a recreation/event facility, if they want to in the future. It gives them an out to use it that way, even if they don't intend to.

At least, that's my understanding.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
High strangness is an attraction for many people. I would love to spend some time at SW ranch. Camped out at the UFO tower for a couple of days in Southern Colorado. Wasn't disappointed....!!

www.roadsideamerica.com...
edit on 9-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
If anything legitimate were going on, it would seem like a liability issue.

And since it's so mysterious, and nobody really knows what's going on, why not just trick it out with special effects. Basically make it a souped up haunted house type thing. Get people to keep coming back.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I wonder if there will be increased activity during this months solar eclipse???

Oh I would love to be there during that time, pretty mystifying.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

How had I never heard of this? There is even a movie, it doesn't look all that great, but I have been reading about it. Cool!!

edit on 9-8-2017 by kurthall because: fix

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join